New strip

A slight aside but I thought the shop was looking brilliant when I was in, and the new range of merchandise looks top quality!

Where else would a company iron a new sponsor over an old one and charge top whack ?

They’re being returned already same day they arrive

It’s hugely embarrassing and unacceptable, there are no excuses good enough for this mess

3 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Where else would a company iron a new sponsor over an old one and charge top whack ?

They’re being returned already same day they arrive

It’s hugely embarrassing and unacceptable, there are no excuses good enough for this mess

I think when it comes to a football club and fan support, there are many that don't want to see the club take a hit on the tops or other merchandise by reducing prices because it ultimately would weaken their financial position.

For a lot of supporters, buying stuff from the club isn't just about owning a product, it's about giving money to the club to move forward.  

I think when it comes to a football club and fan support, there are many that don't want to see the club take a hit on the tops or other merchandise by reducing prices because it ultimately would weaken their financial position.
For a lot of supporters, buying stuff from the club isn't just about owning a product, it's about giving money to the club to move forward.  

They’ll definitely have to accept a hit for poor quality merchandise.

Consumer rights will easily cover this.

Charge top whack and knowingly sell substandard products then you are wide open to consumers rights.

7 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

They’ll definitely have to accept a hit for poor quality merchandise.

Consumer rights will easily cover this.

Charge top whack and knowingly sell substandard products then you are wide open to consumers rights.

My point is fans that don't want the club to take any sort of hit, self included. It isn't great the situation with the kits but I can live with seeing an old logo inside the shirt where no one will see it when it's actually being worn. The want for a financially strong St Mirren far outweighs any will I would have to be compensated, many fans will have the same views. That also extends to season tickets and anything else regarding the club. 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

My point is fans that don't want the club to take any sort of hit, self included. It isn't great the situation with the kits but I can live with seeing an old logo inside the shirt where no one will see it when it's actually being worn. The want for a financially strong St Mirren far outweighs any will I would have to be compensated, many fans will have the same views. That also extends to season tickets and anything else regarding the club. 

Don’t think the issue with them is seeing the old logo inside but more so the condition of the new logo having lines through it.

Don’t think the issue with them is seeing the old logo inside but more so the condition of the new logo having lines through it.

Correct , it’s the external appearance that’s the issue and obviously the most important part.

They deserve to issue refunds after trying to get away with knowingly selling substandard products

It’s not me saying it, it’s plenty of others check their images as posted

Correct , it’s the external appearance that’s the issue and obviously the most important part.

They deserve to issue refunds after trying to get away with knowingly selling substandard products

It’s not me saying it, it’s plenty of others check their images as posted

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

This for me this statement completely optimises the undertone of how the club is run. 

Roll out any old shit, provide a poor service, and you don’t need to justify or explain any decision to the fans under the banner “Look you helping the club so don’t moan”

I wonder who came up with this solution to the sponsor's logo issue.

Joma ? SMFC ? or sportswear supplier with years of experience in this field recently returned to the fold

Whoever it was no where near good enough quality control or customer service looking at pictures posted earlier

If shop bought are better quality that's even worse for mail order customers

8 minutes ago, Slash said:

Did you buy a new strip in shop?

Is the quality any better than the postal efforts?

I ordered online but picked it up in the shop when it was ready. I wore mine on Sat and it’s been washed and come out fine.

The Skyview logo is actually part of the fabric of the shirt (like it was in recent years) rather than a transfer, so the Digby Brown stuff isn’t a transfer on top of a transfer if that makes sense?

Certainly can’t blame Pitch Pro for any of this, it’s a shambles of a situation to fall out so spectacularly with our main sponsor. Will be interesting to hear exactly what happened but I’d be surprised if it doesn’t end up in court.

13 minutes ago, Slash said:

I think we can safely leave Joma out of this sorry mess.

The new merchandise supplier were probably instructed by the club to proceed with a cover up job, but I’d imagine they would have raised concerns with the club about the likely outcome. 

Maybe then new merch supplier should have been more forceful in expressing their concerns and look after their reputation   (previously good), if your scenario is true.

Given the delay, I had thought strips had been returned to Joma for manufacturer's alterations.

I note Div's recent post on the type of previous logo and cover up

Edited by alanb

31 minutes ago, Maboza said:

Remember the days that season ticket holders used to be entitled to % discount on strips? That no longer exists. 

Now some people want fans to accept sub-standard products rather than the club suffer financially for their own errors. Mental.  

I mind when Shareholders got a discount on Season Tickets.

I also remember when Season Tickets were valid for Cup Ties and Friendlies.

Also mind when we had Change Strips and not fecking Away Kits.

I can't remember much else.

2 minutes ago, shull said:

I mind when Shareholders got a discount on Season Tickets.

I also remember when Season Tickets were valid for Cup Ties and Friendlies.

Also mind when we had Change Strips and not fecking Away Kits.

I can't remember much else.

And kept them for more than 1 season before changing them

4 hours ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

This for me this statement completely optimises the undertone of how the club is run. 

Roll out any old shit, provide a poor service, and you don’t need to justify or explain any decision to the fans under the banner “Look you helping the club so don’t moan”

The club don’t generally provide a poor service & they give us enough information IMO. Yes there are bumps on the road & we have had some frustrating times (this summer for example) 

We just have fans that like to consistently moan & expect too much. This is proven on here over many years.  

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

The club don’t generally provide a poor service & they give us enough information IMO. Yes there are bumps on the road & we have had some frustrating times (this summer for example) 

We just have fans that like to consistently moan & expect too much. This is proven on here over many years.  

And we have fans, well one, who would take it up the arse if the club said it was for the good of the club. 

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

The view taken by some if anyone remotely shows positivity. We really have a miserable bunch on here. 

The problem with you, well one of them, is you are unable to form any balanced opinion.

You swallow whatever the club spits out, irrespective of what it means to supporters who have poured their hard earned cash into the club for decades, writing them off as irrelevant moaners.

You justify your lack of ability to see things for what hey are, and certainly from other peoples perspective, by smugly taking the "higher ground" of being positive.

TBH your opinion counts for the square root of feck all. 

4 hours ago, alanb said:

I wonder who came up with this solution to the sponsor's logo issue.

Joma ? SMFC ? or sportswear supplier with years of experience in this field recently returned to the fold

Whoever it was no where near good enough quality control or customer service looking at pictures posted earlier

If shop bought are better quality that's even worse for mail order customers

It’s almost like it doesn’t matter what the quality is like as the fans are that stupid they’ll buy it anyhow. My kids have all last seasons kits and whilst They were decent they aren’t in the same league as adidas in terms of quality- yet it’s the same price. This latest nonsense is yet another unacceptable issue. Undoubtedly this is having an impact on the supporters feelings of goodwill towards the club. 

Edited by norrie82

5 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

It’s almost like it doesn’t matter what the quality is like as the fans are that stupid they’ll buy it anyhow. My kids have all last seasons kits and whilst hey we’re decent they aren’t in the same league as adidas in terms of quality- yet it’s the same price. This latest nonsense is yet another unacceptable issue. Undoubtedly this is having an impact on the supporters feelings of goodwill towards the club. 

I generally think the Joma quality is okay to be honest. I know there was some problems with badges previously but generally been ok. This year is a bit of a shambles not of Joma’s making it would seem. 

Comparison to adidas btw ... they are £65 for an official adidas kit vs £45 for a Saints top. Not sure if the DIY adidas kits like Hamilton get would be closer to the £45 mark, and whether those versions would have the desired quality and be profitable. No idea. 

3 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

It’s almost like it doesn’t matter what the quality is like as the fans are that stupid they’ll buy it anyhow. My kids have all last seasons kits and whilst They were decent they aren’t in the same league as adidas in terms of quality- yet it’s the same price. This latest nonsense is yet another unacceptable issue. Undoubtedly this is having an impact on the supporters feelings of goodwill towards the club. 

To be honest for me, far more pressing issues as in getting attendance sorted and communication of plans for such.

Strips have always been a costly item compared with quality and probably best value off the sales rail but appreciate the demands for new ones for children 

Just think the solution of choice for the logos was bound to be problematic for some