New strip

11 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

I got a call today. Seems the marks on the sponsor logo come from the packing. They can sort it out in store or will replace.

They said the hold up with the the shirt printing with names and numbers is it was a last minute change to red on the home top and they have had to order these in. Will be in the store in a couple weeks. Hopefully for the fakes game. Said if it's busy they will let you pick up tops after the game all newly printed.

They said the issue was they could have gone and ordered a new batch with the new sponsor built into the top. This would have cost the club more money and they would then look to try get this back from Skyview, which we know wouldn't happen... Or they went with the current stuck on option to prevent further delay to fans.

Well I gave mine a wipe with a damp cloth and "hey presto", the marks were still there !!!

3 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Serious question, in the shop are the strips that are on sale the ones with 2 sponsor logos on ? Or are they now using stock with new kit/logo only ?

Dunno Scott, I never asked. I was just picking something up.

Sorry.

8 minutes ago, magnus said:

On cool strips. Have you checked out the new Ajax 3rd strip. Tribute to Bob Marley 3 little birds.

Rise up this mornin’, smile with the rising sun.

Introducing our new 21/22 third jersey, inspired by our collective love for @BobMarley and his Three Little Birds. https://t.co/YiPUS7AR19

This my favourite strip in recent times. A good tribute to a great record label.

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2019/october/news-coventry-city-third-kit-revealed/

On cool strips. Have you checked out the new Ajax 3rd strip. Tribute to Bob Marley 3 little birds.
Introducing our new 21/22 third jersey, inspired by our collective love for @BobMarley and his Three Little Birds. https://t.co/YiPUS7AR19
Love the song, the strip, not so much.

24 minutes ago, Slarti said:
53 minutes ago, magnus said:

Love the song, the strip, not so much.

Really? I think the strip looks cool right down to the 3 bird detail on the collar. 

7 minutes ago, Slarti said:
22 minutes ago, magnus said:
Really? I think the strip looks cool right down to the 3 bird detail on the collar. 

No right or wrong with taste, I just don't like it.

I get my kit at TK Maxx so maybe not the best judge 🙃

Edited by magnus

On 8/18/2021 at 9:22 PM, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

I got a call today. Seems the marks on the sponsor logo come from the packing. They can sort it out in store or will replace.

They said the hold up with the the shirt printing with names and numbers is it was a last minute change to red on the home top and they have had to order these in. Will be in the store in a couple weeks. Hopefully for the fakes game. Said if it's busy they will let you pick up tops after the game all newly printed.

They said the issue was they could have gone and ordered a new batch with the new sponsor built into the top. This would have cost the club more money and they would then look to try get this back from Skyview, which we know wouldn't happen... Or they went with the current stuck on option to prevent further delay to fans.

I received a shirt today that I ordered for my grandson to take to Australia when his family emigrates next month.  I had hoped it would have been something that he could have kept as a reminder of home but I think because of the marks on the logo he is going to think why did you get me a second hand shirt (he is not slow in offering an opinion!).  Putting a sticker for the logo that must have cost no more than 5p on an item that costs £35 just isn’t good enough and sums up the attitude of the club at the moment.

I received a shirt today that I ordered for my grandson to take to Australia when his family emigrates next month.  I had hoped it would have been something that he could have kept as a reminder of home but I think because of the marks on the logo he is going to think why did you get me a second hand shirt (he is not slow in offering an opinion!).  Putting a sticker for the logo that must have cost no more than 5p on an item that costs £35 just isn’t good enough and sums up the attitude of the club at the moment.

I know 2 people who returned 2 full strips the same day they arrived this week via post and have now been issued refunds