New strip

Received my refund for the faulty jerseys today and as luck would have it my size is out of stock. I have asked if/when a new lot will be available and if it will have a "screen Printed " Skyview type logo or suck on plastic . Will update when i receive a reply

They absolutely should stop right now selling those shirts : it is not even in the product description on the shop page ( yes a separate statement was made by club in July ) this information should be attached to what person are buying to give accurate information

Interesting to know if they’ll continue to try keep punting these ?

A new statement should be made saying what they’re doing/planning

The 2 people who returned in disgust the full strips said they would buy the strips in new batch if only had new sponsor on

Its quite frustrating - the first top quality in a few seasons (Home top) and the quality os substandard. I was planning to buy my first top for a long time along with the usual one for the boy - but will be hanging back until all the problems are ironed out. Anyone know what the club is planning to do on this?

3 hours ago, southsidebud said:

Its quite frustrating - the first top quality in a few seasons (Home top) and the quality os substandard. I was planning to buy my first top for a long time along with the usual one for the boy - but will be hanging back until all the problems are ironed out. Anyone know what the club is planning to do on this?

Provide irons? 

On 8/21/2021 at 2:04 PM, Scott-Leeds said:

They absolutely should stop right now selling those shirts : it is not even in the product description on the shop page ( yes a separate statement was made by club in July ) this information should be attached to what person are buying to give accurate information

Interesting to know if they’ll continue to try keep punting these ?

A new statement should be made saying what they’re doing/planning

The 2 people who returned in disgust the full strips said they would buy the strips in new batch if only had new sponsor on

Im wondering if they’ve decided to do just that. I can’t see them for sale on the Site . 

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Ta,

So the strips are for sale on a different site with no link from the official site ? Is that right ?  🤷‍♂️

Links to the shop and replica strips are working fine for me when I’m on the official site. Browsing on mobile 

On 8/17/2021 at 4:25 PM, Brilliant Disguise said:

This for me this statement completely optimises the undertone of how the club is run. 

Roll out any old shit, provide a poor service, and you don’t need to justify or explain any decision to the fans under the banner “Look you helping the club so don’t moan”

Baz's statement is either a wind up or a complete disgrace.  He seems to be forgetting that St Mirren is about the fans as much as it is about the institution.  Anyone proposing that the fans just fork out for poor quality needs their head examining.

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

Baz's statement is either a wind up or a complete disgrace.  He seems to be forgetting that St Mirren is about the fans as much as it is about the institution.  Anyone proposing that the fans just fork out for poor quality needs their head examining.

My point was on fans not wanting to see the club take financial hits. Many fans will not see St Mirren as just another facility where if the service isn't top notch, they want financially compensated. Seems fans like yourself see St Mirren like a Scotrail or a First Bus, "give me the absolute top service all the time or I complain for reimbursement." that's fine but I don't need to agree with that, it doesn't mean your opinion is right & mine is wrong. 

It isn't saying we should always just accept poor service and shoddy management of the club but to my further point, we don't get that. More often than not the management of the club has been very good. 

I get the frustrations this summer and people are well within their right to want to claim compensation from the club and suppliers but for me (and others) the financial strength of the club is paramount and trumps me getting a tenner back because I can see an old label through the shirt from an angle no one else is ever going to see or claiming the price of a match ticket because we weren't allowed to attend a game on our season ticket. Again, people don't need to agree but it's just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

My point was on fans not wanting to see the club take financial hits. Many fans will not see St Mirren as just another facility where if the service isn't top notch, they want financially compensated. Seems fans like yourself see St Mirren like a Scotrail or a First Bus, "give me the absolute top service all the time or I complain for reimbursement." that's fine but I don't need to agree with that, it doesn't mean your opinion is right & mine is wrong. 

It isn't saying we should always just accept poor service and shoddy management of the club but to my further point, we don't get that. More often than not the management of the club has been very good. 

I get the frustrations this summer and people are well within their right to want to claim compensation from the club and suppliers but for me (and others) the financial strength of the club is paramount and trumps me getting a tenner back because I can see an old label through the shirt from an angle no one else is ever going to see or claiming the price of a match ticket because we weren't allowed to attend a game on our season ticket. Again, people don't need to agree but it's just my opinion. 

I 100% agree with Bazil, here. St. Mirren is not just a service which sells products that I consume, like Tesco, it is something that I am emotionally invested in and which I want to see flourish. I have therefore previously not asked for refunds when I otherwise would have, and I do let the club get away with standards of servive that I would otherwise not accept. 

However, as Bazil has written above, we should not be accepting poor management and service. It is annoying, and I worry it will put off potential supporters. It's a balance - I have bought a shirt, and will not return it unless it falls apart. But I will be annoyed if this happens again.

3 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Maybe he is happy living in a life of mediocrity. Aspire for nothing then you can easily achieve your ambition.

I notice that the complaints are now being deflected from being an issue of better service and better quality to that of how dare someone ask for compensation.

Good to see that Provan understand customer service and are offering incentives that actually say sorry in a manner that your will go back to the shop. You can actually say that Provan are using the shirt debacle to encourage more people in to the shop. 

Engagement and acceptable of the problem does not necessarily have to cost the club money.

2 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Maybe he is happy living in a life of mediocrity. Aspire for nothing then you can easily achieve your ambition.

I notice that the complaints are now being deflected from being an issue of better service and better quality to that of how dare someone ask for compensation.

Good to see that Provan understand customer service and are offering incentives that actually say sorry in a manner that your will go back to the shop. You can actually say that Provan are using the shirt debacle to encourage more people in to the shop. 

Engagement and acceptable of the problem does not necessarily have to cost the club money.

throughout this thread I have said I completely understand why people have been frustrated. Given BOK and others haven't accepted that, I have elaborated. Nowhere am I saying we should repeatedly accept mediocracy, but then again it isn't repeated mediocracy from St Mirren. The view that everything is wrong and this is a continued running theme with the club is simply incorrect and more often than not comes from fans for whom St Mirren can do no right. 

Good on Provan sport, the financial strength of St Mirren is still far more important to me than a small financial compensation on practically any front. No one is asking you to agree on that, it doesn't mean the opinion isn't valid. 

18 hours ago, bazil85 said:

throughout this thread I have said I completely understand why people have been frustrated. Given BOK and others haven't accepted that, I have elaborated. Nowhere am I saying we should repeatedly accept mediocracy, but then again it isn't repeated mediocracy from St Mirren. The view that everything is wrong and this is a continued running theme with the club is simply incorrect and more often than not comes from fans for whom St Mirren can do no right. 

Good on Provan sport, the financial strength of St Mirren is still far more important to me than a small financial compensation on practically any front. No one is asking you to agree on that, it doesn't mean the opinion isn't valid. 

Mediocrity.

otherwise… fair comment.  :)

On 8/21/2021 at 1:23 PM, Gosport Buddie said:

Received my refund for the faulty jerseys today and as luck would have it my size is out of stock. I have asked if/when a new lot will be available and if it will have a "screen Printed " Skyview type logo or suck on plastic . Will update when i receive a reply

Just had a voicemail from Alan at Provan Sports. They're expecting a new delivery of jerseys in a few days. Unfortunately, it's more of the Skyview with stuck on logo ones. Would take too long to get a complete new batch made and the number that would have to be ordered made this a non-starter

48 minutes ago, Gosport Buddie said:

Just had a voicemail from Alan at Provan Sports. They're expecting a new delivery of jerseys in a few days. Unfortunately, it's more of the Skyview with stuck on logo ones. Would take too long to get a complete new batch made and the number that would have to be ordered made this a non-starter

I liked the Sky View logo , do you think I could by a sky view sticker to put over the Digby brown one ? 

They should be removed from sale, forthwith