New strip

3 hours ago, Gosport Buddie said:

Just had a voicemail from Alan at Provan Sports. They're expecting a new delivery of jerseys in a few days. Unfortunately, it's more of the Skyview with stuck on logo ones. Would take too long to get a complete new batch made and the number that would have to be ordered made this a non-starter

There’s no way they’re going to get a batch with Digby Brown designed i tot the fabric rather than patched - or ones without Skyview printed & patched. 

As Provan said to you - cost and order numbers would make it a non-starter. They’d also have a queue at the door with fans wanting to exchange their current sub-standard product. 

43 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

In order to sell them ? They should have an accurate product description and sold at the relevant price point

Clearly labelled , reduced price just one of the many embarrassing things to come Saints related this season so far

There is a market of St Mirren fans that won’t want to see the tops taking off sale because of the income it generates. It’s not the clubs fault the sponsor changed the terms at the eleventh hour & they have done what they can within the time limitations. 

If you don’t want it, don’t buy it but it doesn’t mean fans that can live with (what seems like a pretty small issue IMO) it, should be prevented from purchasing the top.   

43 minutes ago, Maboza said:

There’s no way they’re going to get a batch with Digby Brown designed i tot the fabric rather than patched - or ones without Skyview printed & patched. 

As Provan said to you - cost and order numbers would make it a non-starter. They’d also have a queue at the door with fans wanting to exchange their current sub-standard product. 

23 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

There is a market of St Mirren fans that won’t want to see the tops taking off sale because of the income it generates. It’s not the clubs fault the sponsor changed the terms at the eleventh hour & they have done what they can within the time limitations. 

If you don’t want it, don’t buy it but it doesn’t mean fans that can live with (what seems like a pretty small issue IMO) it, should be prevented from purchasing the top.   

Is there really, or are you just making shit up again? 

You really make my eyes bleed, a "pretty small issue" when paying top dollar prices?

40 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It is however the clubs fault for getting in to an agreement  with Skyview that allowed them to change it.

Also the club commissioned shirts when they did not have a watertight agreement with Skyview

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

FFS Baz. 

I get where you are coming but save the I’m not wanting to the club to suffer ‘there is a market’ pish. If we’re talking on those terms then I’d suggest that the club would do far better to cater to the wider market, rather than the to one that you sit within (which is willing to accept sub-standard products).  

There’s plenty of options here that could avoid the alternatives of the tunnel vision outcome that you have. 

Here’S a few ideas: 

a) Club take the hit on re-design, re-order of proper strips. 

b) Club discount tops by 10%. 

c) Club sell at full price but offer 10% discount off next year’s strip - thereby passing option to fans whether to take money from club or not, and also ensuring that it comes from an extra sale next season should that occur. 

d) Club does nothing. 

Surely to god you can see that b & c are more reasonable? I can accept that A is a hard option for the club. As for you not wanting to take money from the club - I’d suggest that you could counter balance any unwanted discount by simply buying an extra match ticket. That would actually deliver far greater profit margin to the club than any strip discount. 

Edited by Maboza

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Is there really, or are you just making shit up again? 

You really make my eyes bleed, a "pretty small issue" when paying top dollar prices?

Yes there is given we have sold tops and a number of fans are happy with what they’ve got.  

Yes in my opinion. Of course we know you have issue with different opinions. 

47 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

It is however the clubs fault for getting in to an agreement  with Skyview that allowed them to change it.

Also the club commissioned shirts when they did not have a watertight agreement with Skyview

I don’t think so, you take risks in business, this is one that didn’t pay off given a sponsor pulled out of the agreement. 

Just now, bazil85 said:

Yes there is given we have sold tops and a number of fans are happy with what they’ve got.  

Yes in my opinion. Of course we know you have issue with different opinions. 

Almost another copy and paste response.

Why don't you nip over to the match day thread and give Div it big time for being another moaning fan? 

18 minutes ago, Maboza said:

FFS Baz. 

I get where you are coming but save the I’m not wanting to the club to suffer ‘there is a market’ pish. If we’re talking on those terms then I’d suggest that the club would do far better to cater to the wider market, rather than the to one that you sit within (which is willing to accept sub-standard products).  

There’s plenty of options here that could avoid the alternatives of the tunnel vision outcome that you have. 

Here’S a few ideas: 

a) Club take the hit on re-design, re-order of proper strips. 

b) Club discount tops by 10%. 

c) Club sell at full price but offer 10% discount off next year’s strip - thereby passing option to fans whether to take money from club or not, and also ensuring that it comes from an extra sale next season should that occur. 

d) Club does nothing. 

Surely to god you can see that b & c are more reasonable? I can accept that A is a hard option for the club. As for you not wanting to take money from the club - I’d suggest that you could counter balance any unwanted discount by simply buying an extra match ticket. That would actually deliver far greater profit margin to the club than any strip discount. 

As we often see on here, the only allowed opinions are the negative ones. Someone has a more positive spin and it gets shot down.

Oh well, cancel all the shirts, take a massive hit, cover it by selling McGrath on the cheap. 👍

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Almost another copy and paste response.

Why don't you nip over to the match day thread and give Div it big time for being another moaning fan? 

Never once have I given the view people can’t or shouldn’t be frustrated about what’s going on. Div & others are well within their right, my issue is with the St Moan loyal for whom the club can consistently do no right… but again, of course they’re entitled to those opinions. 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

As we often see on here, the only allowed opinions are the negative ones. Someone has a more positive spin and it gets shot down.

Oh well, cancel all the shirts, take a massive hit, cover it by selling McGrath on the cheap. 👍

You are incredible.

I literally laid out 4 options and acknowledged that we have to rule out option A (which from a consumer only perspective is actually the best resolution) as it’s too much to ask of the club.

You are incapable of even seeing other perspectives. 

2 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

You take risks based on what you can afford to lose. Sounds like poor judgement or complacency. 

That’s not true of all business, not even close. 

In this occasion as well, St Mirren could afford to lose it, they turned around a new sponsor in days. We are a club that has operated within its means right through the last ownership model. How many Scottish clubs can say that?  

2 minutes ago, Maboza said:

You are incredible.

I literally laid out 4 options and acknowledged that we have to rule out option A (which from a consumer only perspective is actually the best resolution) as it’s too much to ask of the club.

You are incapable of even seeing other perspectives. 

My comment was on cancelling all the strips & stopping selling them, as per the post I was responding to originally, sorry if that wasn’t clear. I would say you have some really strong options in there. 

Edited by bazil85

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

My comment was on cancelling all the strips & stopping selling them, as per the post I was responding to. I would say you have some really strong options in there. 

Oh ffs, I laid out the extreme ends and literally said that b & c, as the middle ground are reasonable. The only strong option left in the debate was yours, which you stuck to on you melodramatic reply. 

Anyway, I’m fast recognising there’s literally no point engaging with you. Any discussion just gets shouted down as negativity as you aim to drown out debate or questioning of the club. 

Meanwhile: 

Strips - sub standard

Season tickets - late going on sale 

Season ticket cards - late being delivered 

Return of crowds - not maximising attendance for first games back after 16 months 

Return of away fans - not confirmed , more lost revenue 

Kiosks - not ready 

1877 club - not ready 

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

That’s not true of all business, not even close. 

In this occasion as well, St Mirren could afford to lose it, they turned around a new sponsor in days. We are a club that has operated within its means right through the last ownership model. How many Scottish clubs can say that?  

Last week you were Joe Beltrami with your knowledge of law this week your Alan Sugar with your knowledge on business no ends to your talent.

St Mirren have lost face over the shirt sponsor debacle. They can’t according to you can not afford to write the shirts off and the fans should just buy the shirt as it’s helping the club. 

It’s easy to get one of the Directors of the Club to sponsor the shirts to save face. We have a Partner in a law firm on the board yet the contract with Skyview was as watertight as Harry Kane’s agreement with Daniel Levy

14 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Last week you were Joe Beltrami with your knowledge of law this week your Alan Sugar with your knowledge on business no ends to your talent.

St Mirren have lost face over the shirt sponsor debacle. They can’t according to you can not afford to write the shirts off and the fans should just buy the shirt as it’s helping the club. 

It’s easy to get one of the Directors of the Club to sponsor the shirts to save face. We have a Partner in a law firm on the board yet the contract with Skyview was as watertight as Harry Kane’s agreement with Daniel Levy

Pointing out your errors and poor due diligence isn’t really a talent, you make it really easy. 

Do you think I will be the only fan that doesn’t want to see St Mirren take a hit on this sponsorship/ shirt situation? It isn’t really a case of can or can’t afford, St Mirren won’t go out of business regardless of what way they play this. It’s a matter of where the lost money is made up & I imagine there’s a decent chance it would be from the player budget. I personally do not want that at any cost regarding the shirts, I won’t change my opinion on that, you’ll just have to accept I’m keeping it. It’s not to say St Mirren won’t make a different call. 

Regardless of how easy or not it is, it’s telling that some of the St moan loyal automatically blame the club for the Skyview situation IMO. 

23 minutes ago, Maboza said:

Oh ffs, I laid out the extreme ends and literally said that b & c, as the middle ground are reasonable. The only strong option left in the debate was yours, which you stuck to on you melodramatic reply. 

Anyway, I’m fast recognising there’s literally no point engaging with you. Any discussion just gets shouted down as negativity as you aim to drown out debate or questioning of the club. 

Meanwhile: 

Strips - sub standard

Season tickets - late going on sale 

Season ticket cards - late being delivered 

Return of crowds - not maximising attendance for first games back after 16 months 

Return of away fans - not confirmed , more lost revenue 

Kiosks - not ready 

1877 club - not ready 

And the Official Match Programme has a Morecambe FC player featured prominently on the front cover.

Some think that's a hanging offence by the Club.

Ah dinnae.

Decent Cover