New strip

21 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Pointing out your errors and poor due diligence isn’t really a talent, you make it really easy. 

Do you think I will be the only fan that doesn’t want to see St Mirren take a hit on this sponsorship/ shirt situation? It isn’t really a case of can or can’t afford, St Mirren won’t go out of business regardless of what way they play this. It’s a matter of where the lost money is made up & I imagine there’s a decent chance it would be from the player budget. I personally do not want that at any cost regarding the shirts, I won’t change my opinion on that, you’ll just have to accept I’m keeping it. It’s not to say St Mirren won’t make a different call. 

Regardless of how easy or not it is, it’s telling that some of the St moan loyal automatically blame the club for the Skyview situation IMO. 

Your talent is your paymasters spin doctor. 

Claiming how wonderful the club were at quickly securing a new sponsor. Yet failing to advise that it was actually one of the Directors who piped up to save face. 

3 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Your talent is your paymasters spin doctor. 

Claiming how wonderful the club were at quickly securing a new sponsor. Yet failing to advise that it was actually one of the Directors who piped up to save face. 

So? Why does that matter, still very good to have contingency through director contacts. You genuinely don’t see that’s just a complete negative spin you’re putting on it?

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Is there really, or are you just making shit up again? 

You really make my eyes bleed, a "pretty small issue" when paying top dollar prices?

I for one bought one just to help out the club. I felt especially guilty as I couldn't afford to renew my season tickets (~£800). :(

20210826_214748.thumb.jpg.aba784c493ceb41fb18afb0d74fa5573.jpg

25 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

That’s all very good and well but last time I checked, none of those clubs are…….. St.Mirren FC 🤔.  And you were specifically saying that St.Mirren had reduced the price of said strips.

Not true.     IF the club shop was selling pristine tops at over £50 and subsequently advertised at them £35 or thereabouts, that would be a reduction.   As it happens , what the club are selling is in effect , seconds. So they should be priced accordingly .
Indeed it could be argued £35 is even too expensive for seconds. 🤷‍♂️

27 minutes ago, Slash said:

That will happen in January. Same as what happened with Kenny McLean.

If he’s still here in January, more likely he’ll leave for free (pre contract). McLean still had time left on his deal, it was a gentleman’s agreement when Aberdeen came in. 

We are in a completely different financial position now compared to then. Many fans won’t admit it but we’ve been one of the best run clubs in the country since the fan ownership journey started. I would say before that as well tbh, Gilmour & co deserve a lot of praise. 

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I don’t think so, you take risks in business, this is one that didn’t pay off given a sponsor pulled out of the agreement. 

Baz, I haven’t really got an issue re the quality of the shirts, it would have only been the second season of strips (I think) that the sponsor wasn’t a stick on transfer…. For me your “take risks in business” line doesn’t stack up in this instance, the club are still selling shirts at top dollar billing despite the less than top dollar quality so where’s the risk?

6 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Baz, I haven’t really got an issue re the quality of the shirts, it would have only been the second season of strips (I think) that the sponsor wasn’t a stick on transfer…. For me your “take risks in business” line doesn’t stack up in this instance, the club are still selling shirts at top dollar billing despite the less than top dollar quality so where’s the risk?

More talking about the risks regarding the sponsor deal that they may move the goalposts last minutes. Seemed a pretty reasonable risk to me regarding ordering the tops with the sponsor on it given they had agreed to continue & were a standing sponsor. 

5 hours ago, Maboza said:

Oh ffs, I laid out the extreme ends and literally said that b & c, as the middle ground are reasonable. The only strong option left in the debate was yours, which you stuck to on you melodramatic reply. 

Anyway, I’m fast recognising there’s literally no point engaging with you. Any discussion just gets shouted down as negativity as you aim to drown out debate or questioning of the club. 

Meanwhile:                                                                                                                                        Meanwhile: plus YOU

Strips - sub standard..................................................................................................................................................... Much like your whole argument

Season tickets - late going on sale ..................................................................................................................... absolutely Baz's fault, Oh wait!

Season ticket cards - late being delivered .................................................................................................... see above

Return of crowds - not maximising attendance for first games back after 16 months... Ditto

Return of away fans - not confirmed , more lost revenue ................................................................... might blame Shull here, I mean he HAS a taxi

Kiosks - not ready ............................................................................................................................................................. You do not know that1

1877 club - not ready ....................................................................................................................................................... IF the 1877 club let you in, I would rather be elsewherer

Wi ma mate BAZ.   :)😬

That’s all very good and well but last time I checked, none of those clubs are…….. St.Mirren FC [emoji848].  And you were specifically saying that St.Mirren had reduced the price of said strips.

Not true.     IF the club shop was selling pristine tops at over £50 and subsequently advertised at them £35 or thereabouts, that would be a reduction.   As it happens , what the club are selling is in effect , seconds. So they should be priced accordingly .
Indeed it could be argued £35 is even too expensive for seconds. [emoji2369]
The tops last season were £50. This season the tops have been reduced in price to £45.

Last time I help you with any modern technology stuff. [emoji14]

• 2 months later...

Serious question. (I’m not a strip wearer/purchaser, which is why I would pick - if I could be arsed - strip 2.  Traditional solid stripes.)

What is so bad about strip 1?  It has the Paisley pattern motif, whereas strip 3 is a 1/2 arsed version of it.  IMHO.

what influences the modern/current/younger choice?

Serious question. (I’m not a strip wearer/purchaser, which is why I would pick - if I could be arsed - strip 2.  Traditional solid stripes.)
What is so bad about strip 1?  It has the Paisley pattern motif, whereas strip 3 is a 1/2 arsed version of it.  IMHO.
what influences the modern/current/younger choice?
The design of the pattern in 1 and 3 looks the same, just shifted left and raised a bit from 1 to 3. Looks like the design team couldn't be arsed making sure they lifted the same section of pattern to overlay - or maybe they'd say it's deliberate (in a Windows "feature" sort of way).