New strip

7 hours ago, W6er said:

Am I missing something? Socks aside strips 1 & 3 are identical, aren't they?

1269121900_Screenshot2021-11-1102_11_20.png.ccce696734fc3ffda639b96476c7c24c.png

They're a bit too similar for me and I think they'll potentially split the vote with strip 2 winning. On the park I can't see anymore being able to make out the difference in the top. 

I've voted for strip 1 regardless. 

11 minutes ago, super gunni said:

So if at least 90% of fans have made it clear over numerous years thst they prefer stripes front and back why does these clowns offer us 3 strips wi plain backs?absolute bellends!!!!!

Because the club board don’t like stripes on back.

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Because the club board don’t like stripes on back.

Maybe it comes down to production costs, or something like that? For example, the club will earn x% profit, and perhaps it's so much cheaper to produce the kits with a plain back, it's simply not considered worthwhile entertaining the alternative?

With names and squad numbers, perhaps it's felt too cluttered? The names, sponsors and squad numbers will themselves be a contrast. I appreciate some on here will hark back to simpler times before names and sponsors were a reality. 

51 minutes ago, W6er said:

Maybe it comes down to production costs, or something like that? For example, the club will earn x% profit, and perhaps it's so much cheaper to produce the kits with a plain back, it's simply not considered worthwhile entertaining the alternative?

With names and squad numbers, perhaps it's felt too cluttered? The names, sponsors and squad numbers will themselves be a contrast. I appreciate some on here will hark back to simpler times before names and sponsors were a reality. 

It comes down to the fact that our BoD don’t like stripes on back as they get complaints from press and lazy f**kers who can’t be bothered to identify our players. There are easily ways to overcome sponsor and players names. Maybe we should have NFL style introductions pre match for the benefit of those that are too lazy to recognise our players.

Keep the stripes.

#Front&Back-Black&White

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

It comes down to the fact that our BoD don’t like stripes on back as they get complaints from press and lazy f**kers who can’t be bothered to identify our players. There are easily ways to overcome sponsor and players names. Maybe we should have NFL style introductions pre match for the benefit of those that are too lazy to recognise our players.

Keep the stripes.

#Front&Back-Black&White

Thanks, that makes sense, and means I was partially correct, then. 😊

The players are introduced over the tanoy system. Not sure what 'NFL style introductions' are, but anything American tends to be off-putting.

We emailed members earlier in the week with the opportunity to vote for next season's St Mirren home kit. It has prompted a lively debate online which is great to see and we thank all of you who have voted so far.

While the rest of you may still be deciding on your favourite, we are working to a tight timescale set by the strip manufacturers Joma, so want to remind members that you only have until this Sunday to make your selection.

The selection with the most votes will be put into production to be worn in season 2022/23. Members should also note that the strip could yet include stripes on the back depending on the outcome of future discussions with the SPFL on number colours etc.

The winning choice will be kept under wraps until the strips go on sale next summer. Joma are also in the process of designing new second and third kits for the new season although members won't get the chance to choose either of those this time around.

Anyone with any questions can email [email protected] at any time.

We emailed members earlier in the week with the opportunity to vote for next season's St Mirren home kit. It has prompted a lively debate online which is great to see and we thank all of you who have voted so far.

While the rest of you may still be deciding on your favourite, we are working to a tight timescale set by the strip manufacturers Joma, so want to remind members that you only have until this Sunday to make your selection.

The selection with the most votes will be put into production to be worn in season 2022/23. Members should also note that the strip could yet include stripes on the back depending on the outcome of future discussions with the SPFL on number colours etc.

The winning choice will be kept under wraps until the strips go on sale next summer. Joma are also in the process of designing new second and third kits for the new season although members won't get the chance to choose either of those this time around.

Will it have the 2 sponsor badge option ? [emoji2]

Well see before they commisssion any of these strips let’s ask for stripes on both sides ? To be honest the kits are a shambles and I wouldn’t be buying them . I bought my boys the kits this season despite the farcical sponsor issue and launch delay. Stripes on both sides can’t be too difficult to ask for ??

Well see before they commisssion any of these strips let’s ask for stripes on both sides ? To be honest the kits are a shambles and I wouldn’t be buying them . I bought my boys the kits this season despite the farcical sponsor issue and launch delay. Stripes on both sides can’t be too difficult to ask for ??

You missed out your preferences regarding the colour of socks and shorts. [emoji1787]

On 11/12/2021 at 7:55 PM, Cookie Monster said:

That's fair enough.

It's annoying that we don't get to vote on a second or third kit, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Cookie Monster

Here is your latest update from the SMISA Board.

Members vote on 2022/23 home strip

Our thanks go to everyone who voted in the recent members poll to choose St Mirren’s home strips for next season. The vote has now closed and the option chosen by the members will now go into production, and will be revealed in the summer.

Production timelines required us to hold the vote at this time, but doing that while so far out from the next season brings a few variables, with the strip designs subject to change.

After the initial designs went out to the vote, the SPFL confirmed to the clubs that red numbers would be allowed next season. This let Joma change the initial samples and – in line with member feedback – they have now incorporated stripes on the sleeves and on the back of the winning design.

This is the first season we have been working with Alan Provan from the club’s retailers Provan Sports and his professionalism will be an asset to SMiSA going forward. Looking to the future, we hope to be able to ask members to submit your own designs for at least one of the strips for season 2023/2024.