Season tickets

8 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Did I say the club was happy?

Do you think 29 days is acceptable to wait for a response to an email?

No, I asked if you thought the club was happy

No, I said as much in an other post and at least you got a response on an other platform

For what its worth, I think the club are victims to Future Tickets lack of professionalism

Sure they chose them for the job but in good faith

No, I asked if you thought the club was happy
No, I said as much in an other post and at least you got a response on an other platform
For what its worth, I think the club are victims to Future Tickets lack of professionalism
Sure they chose them for the job but in good faith
Good faith and due diligence are very different things!

We were promised a more professional approach moving forward.

My response on social media was more annoying than helpful. Time spent responding there could have been spent answering emails.

At the very least, how hard is it to set up a receipt system to acknowledge receipt of emails?

You are defending the indefensible here.

You are essentially saying that it is not the club's fault that the club has made a bad decision.

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

Good faith and due diligence are very different things!

We were promised a more professional approach moving forward.

My response on social media was more annoying than helpful. Time spent responding there could have been spent answering emails.

At the very least, how hard is it to set up a receipt system to acknowledge receipt of emails?

You are defending the indefensible here.

You are essentially saying that it is not the club's fault that the club has made a bad decision.

Fair enough

Hope Tuesday works out better for you and you get the seats you desire

So still not a cheep from Paisley towers. I thought given the shit show they might have been working over the weekend to resolve it but seems not.

When do they actually envisage the public sale starting, mid August ???
It's a barsteward having to wait your turn.

Pity you don't know someone that could aid you skip the queue this time. [emoji6]

I don't know why people are surprised about all this. Saints communication has been shite for years. We go through this new strip nonsense almost every season. No sign of Kibble's legendary professionalism yet.

I think that’s the point, we’re not surprised

Literally same poor communication year in year out sadly

1 hour ago, saint in exile said:

I don't know why people are surprised about all this. Saints communication has been shite for years. We go through this new strip nonsense almost every season. No sign of Kibble's legendary professionalism yet.

People have short memories.

Last season's ticket roll out and strip release was marketed slickly and with a great deal of publicity. That was down to The Kibble's involvement. I'm sure TF or GS mentioned as much in their updates.

This season for whatever reason, the season ticket company was changed at the last minute. I'm sure that wasn't remotely helpful. However, yet again, it has been proven that the team involved with season tickets is simply too small to deal with glitches. Even though this year's events were probably exacerbated by the fact that season ticket holders had to populate a new data base. That was never going to go well. The club should have been more proactive regarding keeping people who were experiencing problems with season tickets. 

The strips debacle was not of the club's making. It's quite clear that the strips had been ready to roll out with "Skyview" on them, as evidenced by the "black bin bag" look on the away strips v Linfield and also by the absence of the stripes in any of our games so far. Obviously Joma have had to change their plans. Not much the club could do about this. Although, again, the lack of info from the club on this matter is annoying to some. Also, the club shop, which is another thing in transition, can hardly sell or take pre-orders of strips without Joma providing concrete evidence of strip production, delivery etc.

There are definitely glaring faults with aspects of the strip/season ticket this season, but not much The Kibble could do about it IMO.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Last season's ticket roll out and strip release was marketed slickly and with a great deal of publicity. That was down to The Kibble's involvement. I'm sure TF or GS mentioned as much in their updates.

This season for whatever reason, the season ticket company was changed at the last minute. I'm sure that wasn't remotely helpful. However, yet again, it has been proven that the team involved with season tickets is simply too small to deal with glitches. Even though this year's events were probably exacerbated by the fact that season ticket holders had to populate a new data base. That was never going to go well. The club should have been more proactive regarding keeping people who were experiencing problems with season tickets. 

The strips debacle was not of the club's making. It's quite clear that the strips had been ready to roll out with "Skyview" on them, as evidenced by the "black bin bag" look on the away strips v Linfield and also by the absence of the stripes in any of our games so far. Obviously Joma have had to change their plans. Not much the club could do about this. Although, again, the lack of info from the club on this matter is annoying to some. Also, the club shop, which is another thing in transition, can hardly sell or take pre-orders of strips without Joma providing concrete evidence of strip production, delivery etc.

There are definitely glaring faults with aspects of the strip/season ticket this season, but not much The Kibble could do about it IMO.

Unfortunately there has been two separate kicks in the baws here and neither related to the other.

The club changing ST supplier was within the clubs control and the club were within their rights to do so. Usually in circumstances such as this, a professional transition is the order of the day and Interstadia would have transferred all ST details to the new supplier. It will have been collated on a Microsoft Office app for mail merges etc and for whatever reason, this file has been misplaced or purposefully deleted by Interstadia. This isn't the fault of the club but they definitely should have had a master copy of the database for ease of transition rather than having to ask everyone to register again.

For the strips, it's even less a fault of the club. Skyview have been a shirt sponsor for what would have been the fifth season and in that time, there's been not a peep that would suggest ulterior motives. I'm assuming they were running on a one year rolling deal that is agreed in advance with a handshake if the kits were already printed and ready to go but no contract was in place that allowed them to make literally last minute demands. Again, what do thosecwho run SMFC do aside from walk away from a situation that could cause the club potential damage? 1st July was always the advertised unveiling date with kits to go on sale 'shortly after so a several week delay to these is not a massive burden in the scheme of things if it uncovered dodgy intentions from a sponsor.

Edited by djchapsticks

Good balanced post and probably correct in most of the observations you make - I do wonder though what team (in terms of numbers and competency) is in place to solve the season ticket problem specifically and if they have identified what targets they need to hit and will they hit them? In other words the first home game is 3 weeks away (I think) there are numerous people with queries to get resolved, issues over people being allocated different seats etc.

In fairness I never had any problems either with the old supplier. Regarding registering for the new supplier and buying me and my sons season ticket it appears I was one of the lucky ones as it went through ok - the only niggling thing is my confirmation never explicitly stated that I’ve got (renewed) our own seats, however I appear to be more fortunate than many!!

On 7/17/2021 at 10:26 AM, Buddymarvellous said:

Got phone call from club last night (must be working late) all sorted.

Season ticket renewed

Forgot to say.. I missed the club’s first phone call because the number came up as ‘unknown’ and I rejected it - in case you reject spam as I do.

Forgot to say.. I missed the club’s first phone call because the number came up as ‘unknown’ and I rejected it - in case you reject spam as I do.
Me too had a voicemail today from the woman who used to run Pro Life saying she works for St Mirren and could she help me renew my ticket.

Tried a couple of times see if anyone would answer phone obviously not, so sent another email will expect a reply after season starts.

I haven't even actually attempted to purchase my ticket yet as the shambles with Future Ticketing has locked me out of my account.

I’d imagine it’ll go ahead selling seats that were not a season ticket holders from last season. I mean this is madness that people want to spend cash and buy tickets but they can’t. Tickets are reserved until Aug 2 for those who registered or had a ticket last season. We have what 3500 season ticket holders . So let’s get selling the rest 

I have called and can't get through and also keep checking the site, which is all about renewing season tickets. The last club update said general sale was to be the 20th. All a bit of a farce. Is this all down to the fact that the old ticketing company didn't share the data they had to make renewal such a cluster f**k?!