Season tickets

1 minute ago, Slash said:

I’m calling you out on the fact you twist situations to support your own agenda.

Did you or did you not support the club at the two public offerings when Gilmour and co were at the helm at the club had debts circa £2M. 

It’s a simple question - yes or no?

I personally never ever want to see a repeat of that. If me raising concerns on the actions and deliverables of the appointed GMs(Kibble) and CEO (St Mirren) is wrong then you have a serious problem. Someone in the club need to be accountable for errors that have cost our club vital revenue. Not once did I request that individuals be sacked and never work again. Never. You should apologise for that allegation. I won’t hold my breath.

The meeting was organised by SMiSA members to request answers to a series of failed initiatives. The fact that another meeting is in 4 weeks says a lot for what took place. Maybe you might be arsed to actually attend the next meeting, and you can get involved and debate.

The whole basis of your argument with me is the you “got the impression”.

Absolutely no one else did. That says a lot about you. 

No, I don’t even remember this situation or offering. When was it? 

We’re covering old ground here. You have clearly pre-judges their capability to do a job based on past career points that did not work out. I don’t think that’s right & I'm pretty sure you wouldn’t like it if you had your past career errors dragged up at new opportunities. I won’t apologise for that and frankly think you should rethink your approach on how you show concern. It absolutely gives the impression they shouldn’t be given the opportunity at St Mirren. 

It’s funny, you are given off the old super fan vibes I get accused of. Talking about giving money to the club & attending meetings like that somehow makes you a superior supporter. Will you be called out on it? We’ll see. 

No apology forthcoming? You are some piece of work.

The offerings took place in the late 90s and possibly early 00’s. They were well advertised. I can’t remember the exact dates. The club was really struggling. SMiSA evolved from meetings in 2000. Shares by SMiSA were bought direct outside of the public sales. I’m proud to say that I was part of SMiSA from the outset, but I ain’t no “Superfan”. Just been willing to put my hand in my pocket along with many others to help the club at vital times in our history.

Regarding the next meeting. If you are a SMiSA member then get yourself along. You might offer valuable insight and solutions that no one else has considered. 

Nope, you don’t deserve one for your very disappointing pre-judging of someone coming into do a job. 

well, being in my early teen at that time is probably a reasonable excuse to why I hadn’t heard of it & didn’t contribute 😂

I purposely decided not to go as I felt it was obvious how it would go. Massive overreactions (IMO) to short-term (factual) problems. Fans making mountains out  of molehills with proper eye rolling moments. I imagine I’ll come to that conclusion again in 4 weeks. 

Nope, you don’t deserve one for your very disappointing pre-judging of someone coming into do a job. 

well, being in my early teen at that time is probably a reasonable excuse to why I hadn’t heard of it & didn’t contribute [emoji23]
I purposely decided not to go as I felt it was obvious how it would go. Massive overreactions (IMO) to short-term (factual) problems. Fans making mountains out  of molehills with proper eye rolling moments. I imagine I’ll come to that conclusion again in 4 weeks. 
Code ..

I'm a keyboard warrior without the courage of conviction to actually face people!

19 minutes ago, Slash said:

I raised valid concerns. We have had two General Managers in a very short space of time. We have encountered issue after issue that has cost the club revenue, sponsorship, etc. Those are facts. You cannot deny that.

Regards the next meeting. What have you got to lose by attending. Surely it’s important for these fans complaining to be corrected so that we can move on forward as a club?

521BB240-9038-4D1E-BF41-A96019277225.jpeg.aa3d73690e5d321db04d59f324a167d1.jpeg

You didn’t, you moaned & pre-judged them based on previous points of their career. I assume you went down to St Mirren park & screamed  following the appointment? You’ve also assumed without basis they’re the problem. 

Not worth my times, the club could win the champions league & fans like you & BEK would find something to cry about. St Moan loyal. 

So everyone that shows any opinions on players regarding them not being good enough should go & shout at them at the training ground? Or just me. [emoji1787]

Another failed twist.

I didn't mention facing players

I was referring to you attending the SMISA meeting but you are incapable of actually reading someone else's post for formulating your response in advance.

Narcissist.

5 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Another failed twist.

I didn't mention facing players

I was referring to you attending the SMISA meeting but you are incapable of actually reading someone else's post for formulating your response in advance.

Narcissist.

Yep fair enough, I thought you meant the facing player point. As a bigger person than you I can admit when wrong 👍

I’m not a narcissist, just like I’m not a racist & I don’t abuse people on here or attack players. Your lying has gotten so bad recently. I mean it was always bad but you've went right off the deep end. 

No I did not prejudge anyone. The club went into partnership and i supported the majority view. At no point did I complain or interfere with the GM or CEO appointments. 

Perhaps the reason you won’t attend is because you are not even a member of SMiSA. Perhaps you still living with your parents and they won’t let you go out at night? That’s the “impression” you are giving me.

I clearly explained that those positions are accountable for the failures in the operational issues that have affected the club.

Stick to your Football Manager. That’s the only time St Mirren are likely to win the UCL. Fantasist.

You’re getting upset & lashing out. 👍

Very smart, love the design and the accompanying wallet. 
Slash says...
"It’s not very environmentally friendly introducing more toxic plastic."

You say you agree!

"Love the design and the accompanying wallet," is diametrically opposed to the legitimate objection of Slash which you backtrack to sook in and agree with!

Hypocrite!

9 hours ago, bazil85 said:

It’s of course your choice but the impression I got was this mistake should link to their future career. Unfair & negative. 

Someone’s ability to undertake a role they failed in should have a significant impact on their ability to be employed to do that role.

How did the interview go

Q: What what was your previous role.

A: I worked as GM of a company that got wrapped up because it lost £1.9m. It was losing money for years we could not make it work

Q: Thats great. What’s your favourite colour

So by your taking Fred Goodwin should easily walk in to a role at say Santander as the new CEO. After all he will have learned his lessons from the fck up at RBS

16 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Someone’s ability to undertake a role they failed in should have a significant impact on their ability to be employed to do that role.

How did the interview go

Q: What what was your previous role.

A: I worked as GM of a company that got wrapped up because it lost £1.9m. It was losing money for years we could not make it work

Q: Thats great. What’s your favourite colour

So by your taking Fred Goodwin should easily walk in to a role at say Santander as the new CEO. After all he will have learned his lessons from the fck up at RBS

So they are comparable to Fred Goodwin? 😅😅😅

I haven't been able to find much about this supposed failed project online. Was it the same level as the RBS failures comparable to the Kibble? Was it all down to the employee(s) that are now involved at St Mirren? Is there more to the story than what some overwhelmingly negative St Mirren fans claim on a fan forum? 

Can you also show whatever did happen shows the person/ people don't have the ability to do the job at St Mirren? My view is people should not have their whole career governed by past mistakes/ actions (within reason). If they did, the workforce today would be a lot smaller than it is. 

7 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Slash says...
"It’s not very environmentally friendly introducing more toxic plastic."

You say you agree!

"Love the design and the accompanying wallet," is diametrically opposed to the legitimate objection of Slash which you backtrack to sook in and agree with!

Hypocrite!

To be this bitter about a fan forum user. :D

57 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

So they are comparable to Fred Goodwin? 😅😅😅

I haven't been able to find much about this supposed failed project online. Was it the same level as the RBS failures comparable to the Kibble? Was it all down to the employee(s) that are now involved at St Mirren? Is there more to the story than what some overwhelmingly negative St Mirren fans claim on a fan forum? 

Can you also show whatever did happen shows the person/ people don't have the ability to do the job at St Mirren? My view is people should not have their whole career governed by past mistakes/ actions (within reason). If they did, the workforce today would be a lot smaller than it is. 

Typical deflection as usual. The Fred analogy was used to demonstrate that Fred was unlikely  to be accepted to take the same role elsewhere as he was still the scapegoat for the RBS failure, when you were stating people should not be judged on their failures in previous roles.

In the real commercial world,(unless your a civil servant) your only as good as your last job. 

The Peter Principalemployees are promoted based on their success in previous jobs until they reach a level at which they are no longer competent, as skills in one job do not necessarily translate to another”

The problem we have in our current workforce is we have a reverse pyramid. Everyone is a manager, line manager, executive, director or other buzz line. All of them managing no one including themselves. This brings no accountability and an inability of management to ever admit they got it wrong. 

23 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Typical deflection as usual. The Fred analogy was used to demonstrate that Fred was unlikely  to be accepted to take the same role elsewhere as he was still the scapegoat for the RBS failure, when you were stating people should not be judged on their failures in previous roles.

In the real commercial world,(unless your a civil servant) your only as good as your last job. 

The Peter Principalemployees are promoted based on their success in previous jobs until they reach a level at which they are no longer competent, as skills in one job do not necessarily translate to another”

The problem we have in our current workforce is we have a reverse pyramid. Everyone is a manager, line manager, executive, director or other buzz line. All of them managing no one including themselves. This brings no accountability and an inability of management to ever admit they got it wrong. 

I get the Fred analogy, my point was on it really being comparable? As you say, he was largely scapegoated but the public perception & reputational points mean there was practically zero chance of him walking back into another similar role. Could he perform a similar role again based only on experience and capability? I imagine so. As for not being judged on previous roles, it is of course within reason. Fred a good example based on public opinion and reputation where he should be, as the negative impacts for a financial institution taking him on as CEO would likely far outweigh any positives he could bring. For me it's exception to the rule and I don't think it should be across the board, you make a bad mistake or a costly error in judgement that's your career in that industry in the bin. 

My further points regarding it being comparable on a smaller scale. Did the people involved with St Mirren now make such a massive mistakes/ were they required to be scapegoated on the same level that they should NEVER be given a similar opportunity again anywhere? I've seen zero proof of that, in fact it doesn't look like the mistakes were even big enough for them to lose their association with the Kibble. I also have no idea of their other successes in previous roles, other successful projects, how they mitigated situations in this project, the circumstances. In my experience interviewing, often the best examples of integrity, resourcefulness, collaboration come from challenging situations where mistakes have been made (sometimes costly) and how people react to them. 

I hadn't even heard of this situation on here or in any Paisley circles until Slash brought it up. Given the negativity of the poster & those that followed, this leads me to believe there is exaggeration to the extent of the problem. The money sounds big when quoted in isolation with none of the project context. 

Can you demonstrate that last point re: SMFC? 

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Can you demonstrate that last point re: SMFC? 

My last point was a generalisation of how the private and public sector are working. I don’t know the inner sanctum workings of SMFC. (I will leva that to you)

However i note that we have the following

A CEO, Chairman, GM, Directors, Non Exec Directors, Commercial Mangers, Head of Brand Management to name a few. Seems top heavy to me.

Do we have a Head Chef to make the sausage rolls

7 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

My last point was a generalisation of how the private and public sector are working. I don’t know the inner sanctum workings of SMFC. (I will leva that to you)

However i note that we have the following

A CEO, Chairman, GM, Directors, Non Exec Directors, Commercial Mangers, Head of Brand Management to name a few. Seems top heavy to me.

Do we have a Head Chef to make the sausage rolls

Of course it does and if we had less it would seem understaffed to you. You demonstrate repeatedly that the club can do no right in your eyes. 

On a completely unrelated topic, Motherwell FC who have their own fan ownership model:

CEO Alan Burrows

Chairman Jim McMahon 

Directors Douglas Dickie, Tom Freeley, Andrew Wilson

General Manager Charlie Bennett

Commercial Manager Diane Harvey 

Head of Brand Grant Russell 

Almost like clubs around that size have similar senior staff roles filled. 

11 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Of course it does and if we had less it would seem understaffed to you. You demonstrate repeatedly that the club can do no right in your eyes. 

On a completely unrelated topic, Motherwell FC who have their own fan ownership model:

CEO Alan Burrows

Chairman Jim McMahon 

Directors Douglas Dickie, Tom Freeley, Andrew Wilson

General Manager Charlie Bennett

Commercial Manager Diane Harvey 

Head of Brand Grant Russell 

Almost like clubs around that size have similar senior staff roles filled. 

Well when the club have that much management yet manage to make an arse of all of the issues that come out of this summer then questions need to be asked. What do they discuss when they meet. the lottery numbers 

Interesting that you mentioned Motherwell

Season ticket renewals issued on time. In fact PR stunt on offering season ticket holders the chance to cash in from last year

Sponsorship Deal sewn up

Shirt Sales in place prior to start of season

Stewarding Company in place for start of season

Pie Stall in place for start of season

Club Shop in place for start of season

Complaint certification for emergency escape lighting]

More than 1000 fans for first home game (after freedom day)

Fans have season tickets to attend games

Visiting fans and non season ticket holders able to buy a ticket from their webpage

So if Motherwell have the same management structure yet get all of those things right. What are ours doing to get them all wrong all at the same time or have they proven Peters Principal correct.

The aspect to that appears to be forgotten is that with a Pandemic being in place the club had more time than normal to get these in place.n In isolation one of these is a minor teething problem. Accumulatively these infer there are fundamental problems with a lack of proper management and leadership.