Season tickets

4 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Well when the club have that much management yet manage to make an arse of all of the issues that come out of this summer then questions need to be asked. What do they discuss when they meet. the lottery numbers 

Interesting that you mentioned Motherwell

Season ticket renewals issued on time. In fact PR stunt on offering season ticket holders the chance to cash in from last year

Sponsorship Deal sewn up

Shirt Sales in place prior to start of season

Stewarding Company in place for start of season

Pie Stall in place for start of season

Club Shop in place for start of season

Complaint certification for emergency escape lighting]

More than 1000 fans for first home game (after freedom day)

Fans have season tickets to attend games

Visiting fans and non season ticket holders able to buy a ticket from their webpage

So if Motherwell have the same management structure yet get all of those things right. What are ours doing to get them all wrong all at the same time or have they proven Peters Principal correct.

The aspect to that appears to be forgotten is that with a Pandemic being in place the club had more time than normal to get these in place.n In isolation one of these is a minor teething problem. Accumulatively these infer there are fundamental problems with a lack of proper management and leadership.

I’m sure Motherwell will have went through challenging summers in the past as well. As I have pointed out, practically all of those issues are very short term in a time of a big transition with our clubs ownership & operating model. 

Your expectations that should happen with absolutely no teething problems whatsoever is completely unrealistic. 

You do highlight the inability for the club to do right in your eyes yet again though. Not only is everything falling apart in your view, the club should be trying to handle it with a fraction of the management staff we have right now despite it being similar to a club that seemingly had quite a settled summer.

😂 honestly can’t script it, the club just can’t win. 

Got the 3 of ours today. Hopefully they works on Saturday.
I cannot wait for the Utd game. Cards easier to remember than paper barcode, catering is open to introduce my son to a pie and bovril and after speaking to him Marcus Fraser is going to come to the barrier when warming up to allow my son to thank him for his signed boots. The wee man is very excited for this and to show him his Fraser 22 top.

24 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

As I have pointed out, practically all of those issues are very short term in a time of a big transition with our clubs ownership & operating model

Are you claiming that all of the issues relate to the change in ownership and operating model.

My understanding of this that the shareholders of the club changed not the management. The Directors had a wee game of musical chairs. (2 of which were already the kibble)

Or are you claiming that the running of the club was put on hold until the shareholders changed hands.

Your excuse a poor smokescreen to key aspects to running a football club.

ie How do get your consumer to give you money. Simple Give them something to buy. 

8 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Are you claiming that all of the issues relate to the change in ownership and operating model.

My understanding of this that the shareholders of the club changed not the management. The Directors had a wee game of musical chairs. (2 of which were already the kibble)

Or are you claiming that the running of the club was put on hold until the shareholders changed hands.

Your excuse a poor smokescreen to key aspects to running a football club.

ie How do get your consumer to give you money. Simple Give them something to buy. 

The benefit of the Kibble coming onboard were linked to changes that could be made in operating model. The pandemic put the breaks on some aspects to an extent but we are now seeing that more & it has caused a few (short-term) issues, which I think is a pretty unreasonable to think could be completely avoided. Such as with contracts, staffing changes, commercial aspects and legacy issues such as addressing stadium/ training centre infrastructure.

There are other issues of course but from what I can tell, pretty much short-term as well. Updating our ticketing systems & club sponsor changing terms for example.

I’m yet to see anything that’s causing me long-term concern. Some will obviously disagree but I’m sure any right minded individual will agree, the above are largely short-term issues. 

7 minutes ago, Slash said:

Stop repeating this as though someone other than YOU said it. 

To use your words “I've seen zero proof of anyone making such a statement apart from YOU!”

I am giving you a final chance to prove that someone said what you implied.

Maybe it’s time your mummy and daddy limit your time on the Internet.

You’re lashing out again.

You & BD have both pushed the agenda on the previous Kibble project & how it should impact the colleague/ colleagues brought to SMFC. I’ll ask again, can someone share details on this disastrous event? 

20 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

The benefit of the Kibble coming onboard were linked to changes that could be made in operating model. The pandemic put the breaks on some aspects to an extent but we are now seeing that more & it has caused a few (short-term) issues, which I think is a pretty unreasonable to think could be completely avoided. Such as with contracts, staffing changes, commercial aspects and legacy issues such as addressing stadium/ training centre infrastructure

Who is the we you refer to. Is that a give away to your employer.

59 minutes ago, Slash said:

Kibble’s new events and entertainment centre was officially opened in 2016 by the Deputy First Minister, John Swinney MSP. ‘The Experience’ is based in the former Rolls-Royce aero engine factory in Hillington Park and hosts Scotland’s first indoor electric Go-kart track. Developed in three phases, the venue has already been given 5-star accreditation by Visit Scotland.

“It might sound like an unusual combination to have culinary arts mixed with go-karting, but with 70% of 16-19 year olds starting their careers in the hospitality industry, The Experience gives young people meaningful opportunities. I have no doubt that destinations of their careers have been helped by the knowledge and confidence received by being in a supportive workplace. As a social enterprise, The Experience will operate on a sustainable model to provide opportunities for years to come.”

Eileen Cummings, Director of Young Workforce Development, Kibble Group

https://www.socialinvestmentscotland.com/all-case-studies/603/

I hope we are not they're new sustainable model. 🤔

Edited by pod

23 minutes ago, Slash said:

Kibble’s new events and entertainment centre was officially opened in 2016 by the Deputy First Minister, John Swinney MSP. ‘The Experience’ is based in the former Rolls-Royce aero engine factory in Hillington Park and hosts Scotland’s first indoor electric Go-kart track. Developed in three phases, the venue has already been given 5-star accreditation by Visit Scotland.

“It might sound like an unusual combination to have culinary arts mixed with go-karting, but with 70% of 16-19 year olds starting their careers in the hospitality industry, The Experience gives young people meaningful opportunities. I have no doubt that destinations of their careers have been helped by the knowledge and confidence received by being in a supportive workplace. As a social enterprise, The Experience will operate on a sustainable model to provide opportunities for years to come.”

Eileen Cummings, Director of Young Workforce Development, Kibble Group

https://www.socialinvestmentscotland.com/all-case-studies/603/

The Experience will be turned into a skills academy now. Maybe basic accounting skills could be taught. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/youth-charity-kibble-transform-entertainment-22521137

I read the CEO blames the pandemic for the closure. That nasty virus can even burn right through £1.9M.

It also got the blame for many failures at our club. Maybe it caused the Health & Safety issue too? 

That's what you were meaning? 🤣🤣🤣 Jesus that's even more of a ridiculous overreaction than I thought! 

21 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Wow... Point of agreement for us.

I would personally like to see the club go for an electronic only option. As in just send the barcodes out via email, app or some other platform and anyone that doesn't have a mobile device or physically wants the card/ wallet can still get one. 

Would love to see someone make a negative out of that idea... If anyone could, they're on this forum. 😅

Anyway, that's another one of the summer problem sorted ✔️ 

Well done Kibble (assume since they got the blame from some, they will also get the praise from the same group)

Loved keeping my old tickets to look back on, shame it’s all going electronic these days, a lot of games and gigs over the years, cup final tickets etc, great keepsakes to have. But I suppose that’s the way the worlds going now. 

I read the CEO blames the pandemic for the closure. That nasty virus can even burn right through £1.9M

I had a look at that figure, I'm no financial expert but noticed 2 figures in the published accounts expenditure page.

One was the figure of £1.9m for Impairment charges.

The other was a (£2.1m) up £1.9m from the previous year with the title (Decrease) in creditors.

With the total expenditure decreasing from £84,083 to £60,758

Anyone knowledgeable to explain if they actually made a a loss of £1.9m according to those figures?

3 hours ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

My last point was a generalisation of how the private and public sector are working. I don’t know the inner sanctum workings of SMFC. (I will leva that to you)

However i note that we have the following

A CEO, Chairman, GM, Directors, Non Exec Directors, Commercial Mangers, Head of Brand Management to name a few. Seems top heavy to me.

Do we have a Head Chef to make the sausage rolls

Gravy trains don't run on light railways

7 hours ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Who is the we you refer to. Is that a give away to your employer.

The guy is so very obviously either a Kibble plant. Maybe an employee or perhaps a member of their PR team but his constant presence on this site is a clear sign that he's on a mission to overcome any dissenters from the Kibble party line. For example, he refers to " a few minor issues" - a training ground that is still unfit for purpose 4 or 5 months after the season ended? A minor issue? No, that's very much a major issue - one of many major issues. I decided a wee while ago not to engage in any further dialogue with him as it's a complete waste of time. He's simply a Kibble apologist whose "opinions" are worthless.

9 minutes ago, doakie said:

The guy is so very obviously either a Kibble plant. Maybe an employee or perhaps a member of their PR team but his constant presence on this site is a clear sign that he's on a mission to overcome any dissenters from the Kibble party line. For example, he refers to " a few minor issues" - a training ground that is still unfit for purpose 4 or 5 months after the season ended? A minor issue? No, that's very much a major issue - one of many major issues. I decided a wee while ago not to engage in any further dialogue with him as it's a complete waste of time. He's simply a Kibble apologist whose "opinions" are worthless.

I'll be first, ok Doakie. 👍