Season tickets

10 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Because it shows ambition

Achieve higher than current level shows the wish and desire to to grow the fan base and club ?

Seems many just accept this is all we can ever achieve, hardly a plan is it ?

It shows nothing of the sort. What would show ambition would be to proactively encourage people to invest in the club via STs. Not just plucking a figure out of the air. That means diddly squat and just puts the club in a position to show failure.

It shows nothing of the sort. What would show ambition would be to proactively encourage people to invest in the club via STs. Not just plucking a figure out of the air. That means diddly squat and just puts the club in a position to show failure.

Well that’s your view, doesn’t mean it’s correct

I believe people just accept we are what we are, that’s fair enough

1 minute ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Well that’s your view, doesn’t mean it’s correct

I believe people just accept we are what we are, that’s fair enough

Yes. Some do. But that is not necessarily those within the club. Just because they don't want to put a target up there doesn't mean they aren't trying to reach or surpass any private target.Why you think that simply coming out with some arbitrary figure means ambition escapes me. Are you saying they should limit it to your 5,000?

5 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Yes. Some do. But that is not necessarily those within the club. Just because they don't want to put a target up there doesn't mean they aren't trying to reach or surpass any private target.Why you think that simply coming out with some arbitrary figure means ambition escapes me. Are you saying they should limit it to your 5,000?

I would have a figure in mind. Mine would be to reach an average home crowd of 6,000 in the next 5 years with 5,000 of those being season ticket holders. That is more or less the capacity of the 3 home stands and together with away fans would give us one of the top 3 or 4 utilisation figures in the league. A variety of approaches will be needed to get there with success on the pitch at home a big factor.

Not exactly, but would be nice to see a bit of growth, the 5000 is just an example but we need to do something rather than just accept we will always have this amount.

But, I don’t think celebrating 3000 is worthy, just my opinion

55 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Not exactly, but would be nice to see a bit of growth, the 5000 is just an example but we need to do something rather than just accept we will always have this amount.

But, I don’t think celebrating 3000 is worthy, just my opinion

In my opinion, given the current financial climate, a recognition of reaching 3,000 is worth noting. Quite clearly it is not the limit of their ambitions given they say, "and counting" and have asked others to join. That is not unambitious. If you were to say they could do more to encourage others to do so then, yes, I agree. But to assume because they haven't said how many more means there is a limit to their ambition is quite frankly just that, an assumption. And a wrong one, again, in my opinion.

Edited by stlucifer

The target should be to exceed  the figures from the previous season ,unfortunately  the increased cost of living makes itso much harder this year ,therefore  to match last years figure  would in itself  be a success.

Steady progress  year on year on the pitch should bring us closer to 4000 ,nearly a 20% increase.

I'm sure the club have an idea of what they would like to sell, but I also expect that they are well aware that the only way we'll see a significant increase in sales is if the product on the field merits it, year on year improvement in both would be a good start!

49 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

I'm sure the club have an idea of what they would like to sell, but I also expect that they are well aware that the only way we'll see a significant increase in sales is if the product on the field merits it, year on year improvement in both would be a good start!

You are right SS.

Going back further my guess is that the capacity of the new stadium of around 8000 was set by both the budget and likely demand for seats.

One stand was allocated for away around 6000 - 6500. 

If I recall the stats correctly we were beginning to increase figures year on year before Covid arrived and our home support had risen from around 3300 to around 4200.

The new owners have reset the club and the focus on community and improved marketing have great potential to increase crowds but there is no doubt that success on the field both attracts and retains fans.

4 hours ago, Scott-Leeds said:

The only way that can happen is when they simplify buying match day tickets

Easy process for the on the day fans

Well i don't have any problem buying on the day. 

Turn up at the ticket office or the kiosk at the back of the west stand., buy ticket and walk 10 yards to the turnstiles.

It's not as if the home end is ever full. 

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Anyone else still not got a QR code ahead of tomorrow nights "free" ST match. There were no attachments on our email purchase confirmations and I contacted the ticket office on Friday but no response !

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Just checked. I have a bar code, but no QR code.

Does anyone have a QR code?

29 minutes ago, ianmac said:

I think I might have screwed it. I cant find the original email and the bit I have saved has a bar code but not the QR attachment.

Mine only has a bar code on it. That's all you'll need to get through the scanner, as they normally scan the bar code on your actual card.

If it doesn't work, then the stewards are going to be busy.

Edited by FTOF