Season tickets

Why on earth can they not reuse the previous years ticket in the manner they have for years? The old system worked perfectly.You reordered your ticket and they reactivated old ticket. For cup Ties you booked online and they added it to yourticket. What on earth is the problem?

2 minutes ago, guinness said:

Why on earth can they not reuse the previous years ticket in the manner they have for years? The old system worked perfectly.You reordered your ticket and they reactivated old ticket. For cup Ties you booked online and they added it to yourticket. What on earth is the problem?

Seems to be the way of things nowadays.

The St.J fans are in exactly the same situation as we are at present.

5 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Mine only has a bar code on it. That's all you'll need to get through the scanner, as they normally scan the bar code on your actual card.

OK thanks.  My Arbroath ticket has both barcode and QR code.

And the bit I saved (see below) says there is an attachment as well as the barcode which was below the text I have added:

'Thank you for purchasing your 2022/23 season ticket which is attached to this email. Your season ticket card will be available in the coming weeks and we will be in touch as soon as they are ready. If you have any queries, please email us at [email protected] with your order number From all at St Mirren Football Club, we want to thank you for our continued support for the season ahead and look forward to welcoming you back into the stadium.'

As I said I don't have the original email so I don't know if there was a QR attachment or the barcode is the attachment.

Hope I have not confused things.....

I have emailed the ticket office for clarification. I will let you know when/if I hear.

16 minutes ago, ianmac said:

OK thanks.  My Arbroath ticket has both barcode and QR code.

And the bit I saved (see below) says there is an attachment as well as the barcode which was below the text I have added:

'Thank you for purchasing your 2022/23 season ticket which is attached to this email. Your season ticket card will be available in the coming weeks and we will be in touch as soon as they are ready. If you have any queries, please email us at [email protected] with your order number From all at St Mirren Football Club, we want to thank you for our continued support for the season ahead and look forward to welcoming you back into the stadium.'

As I said I don't have the original email so I don't know if there was a QR attachment or the barcode is the attachment.

Hope I have not confused things.....

I have emailed the ticket office for clarification. I will let you know when/if I hear.

I have the original e-mail and on mine, the only attachment is a letter with a bar code on it.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I have the original e-mail and on mine, the only attachment is a letter with a bar code on it.

Thanks, that's reassuring. I thought I had saved the attachment but was a bit concerned when RASCAL said he had a QR code and the St Mirren website talks about using your QR code:

St Mirren to face Northampton Town at the SMiSA Stadium

Could be chaos tomorrow evening........

50 minutes ago, ianmac said:

Thanks, that's reassuring. I thought I had saved the attachment but was a bit concerned when RASCAL said he had a QR code and the St Mirren website talks about using your QR code:

St Mirren to face Northampton Town at the SMiSA Stadium

Could be chaos tomorrow evening........

Mine only shows a QR code.!.!.!

Just checked this myself, I have barcode only for season ticket with barcode and QR code for Arbroath game.

I do understand something will get sent out (season ticket wise) before season starts.

Starting to wonder if we’ll get in tomorrow??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

Just checked this myself, I have barcode only for season ticket with barcode and QR code for Arbroath game.

I do understand something will get sent out (season ticket wise) before season starts.

Starting to wonder if we’ll get in tomorrow??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s going to be fun!

3 hours ago, guinness said:

Seemingly the barcode was specific and can't be reused for this season. The new QR code version won't have that limitation.

11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

So wait I can't just walk up to the gate tomorrow and use my ST from last season to scan through?

WTF is that all about?!

From OS.

Please note that season ticket holders should use the new bar code or QR code they received via email when purchasing their 2022/23 season ticket. 

Season ticket holders should either print off the bar code or QR code from the email they received or scan from their mobiles at the turnstile. Last season's season tickets will NOT be valid and won't work at the turnstiles. 

Season ticket cards for the 2022/23 season will be posted out to season ticket holders in the coming weeks. 

26 minutes ago, Buddymarvellous said:

From OS.

Please note that season ticket holders should use the new bar code or QR code they received via email when purchasing their 2022/23 season ticket. 

Season ticket holders should either print off the bar code or QR code from the email they received or scan from their mobiles at the turnstile. Last season's season tickets will NOT be valid and won't work at the turnstiles. 

Season ticket cards for the 2022/23 season will be posted out to season ticket holders in the coming weeks. 

I think that has changed since this afternoon.

54 minutes ago, 3 moffat buds said:

On June 6th you replied to a comment I made about the payment plan not being available on early bird prices and said that the club ‘needed the money in now’.  Did that comment only apply to others and not yourself?

Not at all. It was paid during the early bird offer period. The discussion, as I recall it, was about why/why not the payment plan wasn’t available during the early bird offer. The club make the offer to encourage early payment. I know you get that. Your point, which I also get, is why not enable people to use a payment plan to buy at early bird prices. A valid point. The discussion covered various scenarios in which the club could do so and still receive the money up front. The bottom line is that the early bird approach is used to maximise early sales and bring in cash within the designated period. A buy before prices rise approach. A common tactic. In saying that I am not insensitive to the point you make about the highest prices being charged to those who perhaps, can least afford it. Ps. Each year one of the six of us take turns in renewing the season tickets then collects the money from the rest of us. This year it was one of my son’s turns.

33 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Not at all. It was paid during the early bird offer period. The discussion, as I recall it, was about why/why not the payment plan wasn’t available during the early bird offer. The club make the offer to encourage early payment. I know you get that. Your point, which I also get, is why not enable people to use a payment plan to buy at early bird prices. A valid point. The discussion covered various scenarios in which the club could do so and still receive the money up front. The bottom line is that the early bird approach is used to maximise early sales and bring in cash within the designated period. A buy before prices rise approach. A common tactic. In saying that I am not insensitive to the point you make about the highest prices being charged to those who perhaps, can least afford it. Ps. Each year one of the six of us take turns in renewing the season tickets then collects the money from the rest of us. This year it was one of my son’s turns.

Your purchase was still 16 days after you stated your concerns over the club’s cash flow and incidentally also 14 days after I purchased mine.  Good job the club weren’t waiting on your cash to buy a player.

14 minutes ago, 3 moffat buds said:

Your purchase was still 16 days after you stated your concerns over the club’s cash flow and incidentally also 14 days after I purchased mine.  Good job the club weren’t waiting on your cash to buy a player.

What is it you don’t follow? Our tickets were both bought during the early bird period. We both got a good buy and we both helped to provide cash needed by the club.  Bully for you and bully for me. This is not a pissing contest, unless of course that’s what you are doing….

You seem to have lost your concern that those who can perhaps least afford it will end up paying more but with access to a monthly payment facility. Neatly avoided.

Edited by Rascal