Season tickets

28 minutes ago, Rascal said:

What is it you don’t follow? We both bought during the early bird period. We both got a good buy and we both helped to provide cash needed by the club.  Bully for you and bully for me. This is not a pissing contest, unless of course that’s what you are doing….

You seem to have lost your concern that those who can perhaps least afford it will end up paying more but with access to a monthly payment facility. Neatly avoided.

I haven’t lost my concern for those who may have to make a choice about how to pay for their ST.  My original point was that the club should be trying to maximise sales through making the payment plan open to all.  I only managed to get the money together for mine at the early bird price since I received cash as a birthday present which I immediately spent on my ST.

Since you mention it there are a few pissers on this forum but as they say it takes one to know one as evidenced by your claim that your tickets were purchased on June 7th that you have now shown to be untrue.  As far as neatly avoiding things is concerned I will certainly do that in future by ignoring any comments from you.

Edited by 3 moffat buds

34 minutes ago, 3 moffat buds said:

I haven’t lost my concern for those who may have to make a choice about how to pay for their ST.  My original point was that the club should be trying to maximise sales through making the payment plan open to all.  I only managed to get the money together for mine at the early bird price since I received cash as a birthday present which I immediately spent on my ST.

Since you mention it there are a few pissers on this forum but as they say it takes one to know one as evidenced by your claim that your tickets were purchased on June 7th that you have now shown to be untrue.  As far as neatly avoiding things is concerned I will certainly do that in future by ignoring any comments from you.

An argument for arguments sake. Ps. Glad it worked out for you to get the early bird price. 

Edited by Rascal

@3 moffat buds and @Rascal

I think there are two reasons the club wants money in now:

1) It allows us to budget for the season - see who we can bring in, etc.

2) It means the cash is banked. Imagine we had a really, really terrible season - we were constantly getting hammered and were relegated by March - if most of our support were PATG, then many of them would stop going.

It's sad that those on a payment plan are charged more, but imagine they cancelled their payments? Even if they weren't allowed to do that, taking fans to court is not a good look. So payment plans expose the club to a risk. It's unfortunate, but it's understandable. 

Some clubs use a private finance company. Essentially the supporter takes out a loan, and said company pays the club up front and the supporter owes the money to the third party. 

Edited by W6er

22 hours ago, ianmac said:

OK thanks.  My Arbroath ticket has both barcode and QR code.

And the bit I saved (see below) says there is an attachment as well as the barcode which was below the text I have added:

'Thank you for purchasing your 2022/23 season ticket which is attached to this email. Your season ticket card will be available in the coming weeks and we will be in touch as soon as they are ready. If you have any queries, please email us at [email protected] with your order number From all at St Mirren Football Club, we want to thank you for our continued support for the season ahead and look forward to welcoming you back into the stadium.'

As I said I don't have the original email so I don't know if there was a QR attachment or the barcode is the attachment.

Hope I have not confused things.....

I have emailed the ticket office for clarification. I will let you know when/if I hear.

Just to close this....

I emailed the ticket office yesterday and they re-sent my email today.

This time it has a QR code (but no barcode).

So I should be OK now - I have one of each!!

8 hours ago, Rascal said:

Not at all. It was paid during the early bird offer period. The discussion, as I recall it, was about why/why not the payment plan wasn’t available during the early bird offer. The club make the offer to encourage early payment. I know you get that. Your point, which I also get, is why not enable people to use a payment plan to buy at early bird prices. A valid point. The discussion covered various scenarios in which the club could do so and still receive the money up front. The bottom line is that the early bird approach is used to maximise early sales and bring in cash within the designated period. A buy before prices rise approach. A common tactic. In saying that I am not insensitive to the point you make about the highest prices being charged to those who perhaps, can least afford it. Ps. Each year one of the six of us take turns in renewing the season tickets then collects the money from the rest of us. This year it was one of my son’s turns.

The payment plan WAS availlaable during the early bird period. Just not at early bird prices.

Edited by stlucifer

10 hours ago, Rascal said:

I didn’t say it wasn’t. That was part of the earlier discussion.

Yes. You did.

"Not at all. It was paid during the early bird offer period. The discussion, as I recall it, was about why/why not the payment plan wasn’t available during the early bird offer."

1 minute ago, waldorf34 said:

I think we do well even to get 3000 people signing  up for a season ticket for a team that only average 5 home league  games a season , our home form is appalling!

Should be average 5 home league  wins per season