Jump to content

Season tickets


Recommended Posts


Never ceases to amaze me (I assume) grown men knicker wetting over a fitba top or getting a season ticket that isn’t valid for another three weeks.
As long as the product on the park is up to scratch, that’s all I really give a f**k about. 
I’m curious to know what folk expect to achieve by whinging like big weans on here? 

It’s the future and current generation it affects.

My kids all at school love St Mirren and rightly enjoy getting the new strip

We seen images a few weeks ago and they’ve chose the away kit but were are unable to at least place an order in the system ready to go for when stock arrives, perhaps we should just tell them not to whinge like weans ( which they’re not ) or get their expected up as regards to feeling ‘connected’ to the club.

My comments are reasonable and fair.

I’m disappointed 3 emails haven’t been replied to as yet, disappointed when we log on to club shop, there isn’t one it’s CLOSED , disappointed we can’t place an order etc etc

Silly me.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Nonsense.

It's a reasonable expectation to have, at least, decent communication and be able to spend hard earned cash on a club some people will go a long way to support but it's foolish, IMO, to let people down.

From what i can see the only people that have been let down are the club. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Scott-Leeds said:


It’s the future and current generation it affects.

My kids all at school love St Mirren and rightly enjoy getting the new strip

We seen images a few weeks ago and they’ve chose the away kit but were are unable to at least place an order in the system ready to go for when stock arrives, perhaps we should just tell them not to whinge like weans ( which they’re not ) or get their expected up as regards to feeling ‘connected’ to the club.

My comments are reasonable and fair.

I’m disappointed 3 emails haven’t been replied to as yet, disappointed when we log on to club shop, there isn’t one it’s CLOSED , disappointed we can’t place an order etc etc

Silly me.

So if your weans don’t get a top right now, they’ll cease to be future fans. 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Who’s been let down?

FFS we’re talking about the ability to buy a fitba tap or a season ticket you cannae use at the moment anyway.

And anyway….keep yer neb oot, coz you’d be buying neither anyway 🤣

Have you read the desperation for people to buy a fitba tap? 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So if your weans don’t get a top right now, they’ll cease to be future fans. 

It’s the apathy that the year in year out excuses/failures/ poor communication that drives people away

If you are happy with the current situation then I’m glad.

Many other ‘customers’ have a different view.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scott-Leeds said:


It’s the apathy that the year in year out excuses/failures/ poor communication that drives people away

If you are happy with the current situation then I’m glad.

Many other ‘customers’ have a different view.

I for one are not happy for you and those affected with similar problems but I am aware that there are some mitigating factors to consider 

Like Skyview may be culpable in the delayed shirts and Future Tickets too for failing to deliver a system that works on all aspects required ( worked for me but scant regards all others)

The club has acknowledged this via SMiSA director’s communication 

What to do ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Scott-Leeds said:


It’s the apathy that the year in year out excuses/failures/ poor communication that drives people away

If you are happy with the current situation then I’m glad.

Many other ‘customers’ have a different view.

If it drives people away then they weren’t worth bothering about in the first place.

When I grew up supporting the Buds, none of this shite mattered. I could only have dreamed about owning a replica top. 
Folk are so molly coddled now it’s unbelievable. Just support the team and stop your whining. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



If it drives people away then they weren’t worth bothering about in the first place.
When I grew up supporting the Buds, none of this shite mattered. I could only have dreamed about owning a replica top. 
Folk are so molly coddled now it’s unbelievable. Just support the team and stop your whining. 


Aye, right, when did that happen?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you think the club are happy with the situation, probably just as frustrated as you and others. They entered into a contract in good faith with Skyview, Future Tickets and Alan Provan.
Skyview try a fly one and set back strip sales, Future Tickets have issues  (could be a costly move to ditch them and also waste what has worked so far)and Provan is working on a new set up.
Now if the SMFC staff are all sitting playing Candy crush or whatever fair enough
Did I say the club was happy?

Do you think 29 days is acceptable to wait for a response to an email?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It will all be fine.  Stop whining like little spoilt mill whores.  

 

In other news my stools have been long and nicely "nipped" at each end of date.  Almost comfortable to pass, in fact pleasurable indeed.  This mornings offering didn't even register itself on the paper.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Did I say the club was happy?

Do you think 29 days is acceptable to wait for a response to an email?

No, I asked if you thought the club was happy

No, I said as much in an other post and at least you got a response on an other platform

For what its worth, I think the club are victims to Future Tickets lack of professionalism

Sure they chose them for the job but in good faith

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No, I asked if you thought the club was happy
No, I said as much in an other post and at least you got a response on an other platform
For what its worth, I think the club are victims to Future Tickets lack of professionalism
Sure they chose them for the job but in good faith
Good faith and due diligence are very different things!

We were promised a more professional approach moving forward.

My response on social media was more annoying than helpful. Time spent responding there could have been spent answering emails.

At the very least, how hard is it to set up a receipt system to acknowledge receipt of emails?

You are defending the indefensible here.

You are essentially saying that it is not the club's fault that the club has made a bad decision.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

Good faith and due diligence are very different things!

We were promised a more professional approach moving forward.

My response on social media was more annoying than helpful. Time spent responding there could have been spent answering emails.

At the very least, how hard is it to set up a receipt system to acknowledge receipt of emails?

You are defending the indefensible here.

You are essentially saying that it is not the club's fault that the club has made a bad decision.

Fair enough

Hope Tuesday works out better for you and you get the seats you desire

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So still not a cheep from Paisley towers. I thought given the shit show they might have been working over the weekend to resolve it but seems not.

When do they actually envisage the public sale starting, mid August ???
It's a barsteward having to wait your turn.

Pity you don't know someone that could aid you skip the queue this time.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know why people are surprised about all this. Saints communication has been shite for years. We go through this new strip nonsense almost every season. No sign of Kibble's legendary professionalism yet.

I think that’s the point, we’re not surprised

Literally same poor communication year in year out sadly
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, saint in exile said:

I don't know why people are surprised about all this. Saints communication has been shite for years. We go through this new strip nonsense almost every season. No sign of Kibble's legendary professionalism yet.

People have short memories.

Last season's ticket roll out and strip release was marketed slickly and with a great deal of publicity. That was down to The Kibble's involvement. I'm sure TF or GS mentioned as much in their updates.

This season for whatever reason, the season ticket company was changed at the last minute. I'm sure that wasn't remotely helpful. However, yet again, it has been proven that the team involved with season tickets is simply too small to deal with glitches. Even though this year's events were probably exacerbated by the fact that season ticket holders had to populate a new data base. That was never going to go well. The club should have been more proactive regarding keeping people who were experiencing problems with season tickets. 

The strips debacle was not of the club's making. It's quite clear that the strips had been ready to roll out with "Skyview" on them, as evidenced by the "black bin bag" look on the away strips v Linfield and also by the absence of the stripes in any of our games so far. Obviously Joma have had to change their plans. Not much the club could do about this. Although, again, the lack of info from the club on this matter is annoying to some. Also, the club shop, which is another thing in transition, can hardly sell or take pre-orders of strips without Joma providing concrete evidence of strip production, delivery etc.

There are definitely glaring faults with aspects of the strip/season ticket this season, but not much The Kibble could do about it IMO.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

People have short memories.

Last season's ticket roll out and strip release was marketed slickly and with a great deal of publicity. That was down to The Kibble's involvement. I'm sure TF or GS mentioned as much in their updates.

This season for whatever reason, the season ticket company was changed at the last minute. I'm sure that wasn't remotely helpful. However, yet again, it has been proven that the team involved with season tickets is simply too small to deal with glitches. Even though this year's events were probably exacerbated by the fact that season ticket holders had to populate a new data base. That was never going to go well. The club should have been more proactive regarding keeping people who were experiencing problems with season tickets. 

The strips debacle was not of the club's making. It's quite clear that the strips had been ready to roll out with "Skyview" on them, as evidenced by the "black bin bag" look on the away strips v Linfield and also by the absence of the stripes in any of our games so far. Obviously Joma have had to change their plans. Not much the club could do about this. Although, again, the lack of info from the club on this matter is annoying to some. Also, the club shop, which is another thing in transition, can hardly sell or take pre-orders of strips without Joma providing concrete evidence of strip production, delivery etc.

There are definitely glaring faults with aspects of the strip/season ticket this season, but not much The Kibble could do about it IMO.

 

Unfortunately there has been two separate kicks in the baws here and neither related to the other.

The club changing ST supplier was within the clubs control and the club were within their rights to do so. Usually in circumstances such as this, a professional transition is the order of the day and Interstadia would have transferred all ST details to the new supplier. It will have been collated on a Microsoft Office app for mail merges etc and for whatever reason, this file has been misplaced or purposefully deleted by Interstadia. This isn't the fault of the club but they definitely should have had a master copy of the database for ease of transition rather than having to ask everyone to register again.

For the strips, it's even less a fault of the club. Skyview have been a shirt sponsor for what would have been the fifth season and in that time, there's been not a peep that would suggest ulterior motives. I'm assuming they were running on a one year rolling deal that is agreed in advance with a handshake if the kits were already printed and ready to go but no contract was in place that allowed them to make literally last minute demands. Again, what do thosecwho run SMFC do aside from walk away from a situation that could cause the club potential damage? 1st July was always the advertised unveiling date with kits to go on sale 'shortly after so a several week delay to these is not a massive burden in the scheme of things if it uncovered dodgy intentions from a sponsor.

Edited by djchapsticks
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...