Jump to content

Season tickets


Recommended Posts

It is about ownership of the data. If St. Mirren didn’t write that into the contract that we own the data and get it as part of the contract exit strategy then there is nothing surprising that the supplier is not playing ball. The onus is on the club. 

In some ways similar to the fact that Skyview were seemingly able to leave us high and dry at a moments notice. 
Sadly, despite the PR statements that we are a professionally run outfit with experts on board, the reality is that we seem to be all over the place. A complete lack of contract management seems to be just another area where we are letting ourselves down.  
 
We’ve never replaced Brian Caldwell as a professional Chief Exec to run the football club. Tony Fitz has been put in as a figurehead for good PR and to let GLS, Kibble and whoever else make the decisions in the background without someone having proper business and commercial focus on the job full time. The club and the fans suffer the consequences. 
Brian Caldwell is singularly a bigger miss to this club than any individual player who moved on in the last decade!
Link to comment
Share on other sites


16th June... I email the club re 2 season tickets.

17th July I finally get a nice and apologetic reply.

I was asked what time Tuesday (today) suited me as someone from.tge ticket office would call me.

I replied with a large time window and my mobile number.

Would it surprise anyone to hear that I'm still waiting for a call that I said would be best before 1.30pm?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Maboza said:

It is about ownership of the data. If St. Mirren didn’t write that into the contract that we own the data and get it as part of the contract exit strategy then there is nothing surprising that the supplier is not playing ball. The onus is on the club. 

In some ways similar to the fact that Skyview were seemingly able to leave us high and dry at a moments notice. 

Sadly, despite the PR statements that we are a professionally run outfit with experts on board, the reality is that we seem to be all over the place. A complete lack of contract management seems to be just another area where we are letting ourselves down.  
 

We’ve never replaced Brian Caldwell as a professional Chief Exec to run the football club. Tony Fitz has been put in as a figurehead for good PR and to let GLS, Kibble and whoever else make the decisions in the background without someone having proper business and commercial focus on the job full time. The club and the fans suffer the consequences. 

Sadly this has been glaringly obvious for a long time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

Sadly this has been glaringly obvious for a long time.

The role carries a decent wedge. Nice guy, but not fit for the role he is employed in. I think there is a place for TF, just not as CEO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Noticed the season ticket General Sale option is live on main site

Also pleased to see that the plan of the seating works on my Ipad - the previous provider required you to use a PC with Flash Player installed.

Edited by Buddymarvellous
Additional info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Yflab said:

The role carries a decent wedge. Nice guy, but not fit for the role he is employed in. I think there is a place for TF, just not as CEO.

And I bet that is the exact point.  
 

Tony Fitz is not the right man for the job, but I bet he is there on the cheap. You get what you pay for but GLS chose to save cash and appoint a token figurehead to the club. Then we had space on the wage bill for Gus?!! 
 

They need to sort themselves out and get a suitable business person back in the job. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Noticed the season ticket General Sale option is live on main site
Also pleased to see that the plan of the seating works on my Ipad - the previous provider required you to use a PC with Flash Player installed.
Where on the site? Not accessible from phone at all? When I go to shop and season tickets, it's just showing a renewal option.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:
10 hours ago, Buddymarvellous said:
Noticed the season ticket General Sale option is live on main site
Also pleased to see that the plan of the seating works on my Ipad - the previous provider required you to use a PC with Flash Player installed.

Where on the site? Not accessible from phone at all? When I go to shop and season tickets, it's just showing a renewal option.

You’re right - can see from ipad but not from phone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ridiculous, no one answers the phone or email ,despite having all the registered  details I still cannot pay my season ticket ,ticket office also closed and now you need an ipad to buy season tickets.

What kind of business  makes  it so difficult  to get money in!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I phoned the ticket office at 11 this morning, just after it opened.
Got the answer machine asking for my name and number and just as I was about to speak, another recording said the mailbox was full and wasn't able to record any further messages!!!
f**king shoddy!!!
I'm still looking forward to yesterday's phone call I was promised in the email reply I waited just over a month for!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, abersgonnygetye said:

Ditto

I've just ordered a new ST for my 2nd grandson no problem

 

eta. Less than two minutes. Great service. (I await a Fup with the ticket now!) 🤣

Edited by stlucifer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Whateverthecost said:

How are the seats from the main stand about 3 rows up from the tunnel. Been looking to start my st Mirren journey this season!

The main stand can be a bit of a pain with low sun glare but the view is excellent when that isn't an issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of my sons tried to buy a season ticket for the seat next to mine only to receive a message that he couldn’t do that since it would leave an empty seat at the end of a row.  He checked that this was accurate by attempting to buy both available seats and that would have gone through without a problem.  Is it an new unwritten rule that you cannot have a spare seat next to an aisle?  
He will now need to phone the ticket office and attempt to buy the seat he wants - what is the betting that the ticket office will not know what to do to resolve the matter?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of my sons tried to buy a season ticket for the seat next to mine only to receive a message that he couldn’t do that since it would leave an empty seat at the end of a row.  He checked that this was accurate by attempting to buy both available seats and that would have gone through without a problem.  Is it an new unwritten rule that you cannot have a spare seat next to an aisle?  
He will now need to phone the ticket office and attempt to buy the seat he wants - what is the betting that the ticket office will not know what to do to resolve the matter?
Sorry...

You lost me at "phone the ticket office"!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, 3 moffat buds said:

One of my sons tried to buy a season ticket for the seat next to mine only to receive a message that he couldn’t do that since it would leave an empty seat at the end of a row.  He checked that this was accurate by attempting to buy both available seats and that would have gone through without a problem.  Is it an new unwritten rule that you cannot have a spare seat next to an aisle?  
He will now need to phone the ticket office and attempt to buy the seat he wants - what is the betting that the ticket office will not know what to do to resolve the matter?

I’ve seen this sort of thing on other ticket platforms where it blocks you from leaving single seats so must be written into the rules they have built in.   

I wouldn’t be surprised if the club were happy to override that - if they know how. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Maboza said:

I’ve seen this sort of thing on other ticket platforms where it blocks you from leaving single seats so must be written into the rules they have built in.   

I wouldn’t be surprised if the club were happy to override that - if they know how. 
 

 

Thanks for the info - wasn’t aware of that.  Fingers crossed that they can sort it out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info - wasn’t aware of that.  Fingers crossed that they can sort it out.
I was getting this earlier when trying to by 3 and was going to leave 1. Settling for other seats because I couldn't do this online. I was then worried to lose our totally so went with the 2nd option of seats. I get the reason, but looking at the map there are loads of single seats which looks like it happened before and why not again.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

Ridiculous, no one answers the phone or email ,despite having all the registered  details I still cannot pay my season ticket ,ticket office also closed and now you need an ipad to buy season tickets.

What kind of business  makes  it so difficult  to get money in!

Is this a rhetorical question? If not the answer is St Mirren FC 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...