Jump to content

Season tickets


Recommended Posts

  • 2 months later...

Bayern Club President, Uli Hoeness on the clubs season ticket prices.

🗣 “We could charge more than £104. Let's say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income, but what's £2m to us?

🗣 “In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan. We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk.”

🗣 “Football has got to be for everybody. That's the biggest difference between us and England.”

Amazing to hear. 👏🏻👏🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, 3 moffat buds said:

Given the current financial climate I find it astonishing that the club are not providing the option to buy an early bird season ticket using the 3 payment option.  Has the reason for this ever been adequately explained by the club?

The option was there but only if you visited the ticket office.  Poor as it would be easier to do on line. I guess the thinking is a bird in the hand. 

I would also like to see option of half season tickets and bundles thatay offer for example non premium games at a rate.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, exiledfan said:

The option was there but only if you visited the ticket office.  Poor as it would be easier to do on line. I guess the thinking is a bird in the hand. 

I would also like to see option of half season tickets and bundles thatay offer for example non premium games at a rate.

 

Not available at the early bird price was the point being made I believe 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, alanb said:

Not available at the early bird price was the point being made I believe 

Yes that’s what I meant - if you can offer it for full price why not early bird prices.  I did say to the ticket office last week that I wanted to renew my ticket but wanted to use the three payment option but they didn’t tell me that it wouldn’t be available.  
They also said that I would need to attend in person to sign the form which is also ludicrous since many organisations allow you to use something like Klarna without having to sign a form to pay for items far in excess of the cost of a concession season ticket.  
After a discussion they did agree to send a form by post although by the looks of it I won’t be able to pay for my ticket in  3 instalments.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 3 moffat buds said:

Yes that’s what I meant - if you can offer it for full price why not early bird prices.  I did say to the ticket office last week that I wanted to renew my ticket but wanted to use the three payment option but they didn’t tell me that it wouldn’t be available.  
They also said that I would need to attend in person to sign the form which is also ludicrous since many organisations allow you to use something like Klarna without having to sign a form to pay for items far in excess of the cost of a concession season ticket.  
After a discussion they did agree to send a form by post although by the looks of it I won’t be able to pay for my ticket in  3 instalments.

Ok apologies I didn't realize that. That is wrong then by the club surely they support loyalty?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, exiledfan said:

Ok apologies I didn't realize that. That is wrong then by the club surely they support loyalty?

If any of us ran the club (business) then one point that you might make is that you are recognising those who pay up front and in full, by giving those who do so, and do so quickly, a substantial discount (loyalty bonus). Not an uncommon tactic. It brings in funds more quickly which benefits the club, directors and manager in signings and other matters in running the club.

In common with similar offers the full price then applies thereafter. If not then there is no incentive to pay early.

I think the pricing strategy and other options put out to fans recent are a step in the right direction. More to be done though for sure.

I appreciate that others may disagree.

Edited by Rascal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Rascal said:

If any of us ran the club (business) then one point that you might make is that you are recognising those who pay up front and in full, by giving those who do so, and do so quickly, a substantial discount (loyalty bonus). Not an uncommon tactic. It brings in funds more quickly which benefits the club, directors and manager in signings and other matters in running the club.

In common with similar offers the full price then applies thereafter. If not then there is no incentive to pay early.

I think the pricing strategy and other options put out to fans recent are a step in the right direction. More to be done though for sure.

I appreciate that others may disagree.

Loyalty and affordability are two different aspects of this.  I attended my first match at the age of 9 in 1962 so my commitment to the club is not in question.  My argument is that the option to pay by instalments should be available on all season ticket purchases.  Like most others choices need to be made over how money is spent at the moment and faced with an eye watering rise in energy prices that in one month is greater than the cost of a concession season ticket you can understand why I am concerned about finances.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

People who can’t afford the one off payment are being punished by having to pay the higher price for a ST

This is wrong and should be sorted asap

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, HSS said:

People who can’t afford the one off payment are being punished by having to pay the higher price for a ST

This is wrong and should be sorted asap

 

Exactly.  The claim by the club that the 3 payment option is interest free is nonsense due to higher price if you cannot buy before next week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 3 moffat buds said:

Loyalty and affordability are two different aspects of this.  I attended my first match at the age of 9 in 1962 so my commitment to the club is not in question.  My argument is that the option to pay by instalments should be available on all season ticket purchases.  Like most others choices need to be made over how money is spent at the moment and faced with an eye watering rise in energy prices that in one month is greater than the cost of a concession season ticket you can understand why I am concerned about finances.

 

 

I see and have lots of sympathy with your main point as costs have risen and continue to rise for all of us with the poorest hit the hardest. As I understand what you are saying is that the discount price should be applied to everyone, however they pay.

From the clubs position they need money in now and that’s why the discount in order to maximise the sum raised. To remove the incentive would in fact just mean adopting the higher price level for everyone from the start.If we were then making the 3 payment scheme available to all then the amount of money brought in during the close season would drop dramatically as all / most of us would opt for the 3 payment system. 

 Again from the clubs perspective getting money in through three payments during the season doesn’t do the same job cash flow wise. They have high costs at this time and low income so paying later doesn’t do the same job from a business perspective. Hence the higher price. 

Some of the initiatives put to fans will help around the edges with costs for some and I hope these can be further developed to assist as many as possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Rascal said:

I see and have lots of sympathy with your main point as costs have risen and continue to rise for all of us with the poorest hit the hardest. As I understand what you are saying is that the discount price should be applied to everyone, however they pay.

From the clubs position they need money in now and that’s why the discount in order to maximise the sum raised. To remove the incentive would in fact just mean adopting the higher price level for everyone from the start.If we were then making the 3 payment scheme available to all then the amount of money brought in during the close season would drop dramatically as all / most of us would opt for the 3 payment system. 

 Again from the clubs perspective getting money in through three payments during the season doesn’t do the same job cash flow wise. They have high costs at this time and low income so paying later doesn’t do the same job from a business perspective. Hence the higher price. 

Some of the initiatives put to fans will help around the edges with costs for some and I hope these can be further developed to assist as many as possible.

I am not saying that the discount should apply to all tickets.  I am only suggesting that the payment option should be available to anyone regardless of when they buy their ticket.  If the club are so hard pressed financially at any time of year then that is a major concern.  We don’t know the exact state of the clubs finances or indeed the income received during the close season, e.g. they might already have received part payment from the SPFL based on last season’s league position, sponsors may have paid some of their fees, etc.

SMFC are not alone in taking their support for granted but given the current situation they should be taking some steps to ensure continued loyalty.  

Edited by 3 moffat buds
Spelling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, 3 moffat buds said:

I am not saying that the discount should apply to all tickets.  I am only suggesting that the option should be available to anyone regardless of when they buy their ticket.  If the club are so hard pressed financially at any time of year then that is a major concern.  We don’t know the exact state of the clubs finances or indeed the income received during the close season, e.g. they might already have received part payment from the SPFL based on last season’s league position, sponsors may have paid some of their fees, etc.

SMFC are not alone in taking their support for granted but given the current situation they should be taking some steps to ensure continued loyalty.  

3B. The impact of what you are saying would be that the discounted price be available to all however and whenever they pay.  
From a personal perspective fine and dandy with me. From a business perspective from the clubs point of view, a cash flow disaster. Doesn’t mean that you are wrong about loyalty.

Edited by Rascal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

 

From the clubs position they need money in now and that’s why the discount in order to maximise the sum raised. To remove the incentive would in fact just mean adopting the higher price level for everyone from the start.If we were then making the 3 payment scheme available to all then the amount of money brought in during the close season would drop dramatically as all / most of us would opt for the 3 payment system. 

 

I may be wrong here but is this not how it works?

Fan goes to Club and signs up for 3  instalment plan Fan gets season ticket and Club pass on information to the Finance Company dealing with it The Finance Company then pass on the full amount paid for ticket to the Club then the Fan pays off the Finance Company

The Club get their money,the Fan gets his early bird ticket and the Finance Company get their money in instalments and everyone is happy 😊 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, HSS said:

I may be wrong here but is this not how it works?

Fan goes to Club and signs up for 3  instalment plan Fan gets season ticket and Club pass on information to the Finance Company dealing with it The Finance Company then pass on the full amount paid for ticket to the Club then the Fan pays off the Finance Company

The Club get their money,the Fan gets his early bird ticket and the Finance Company get their money in instalments and everyone is happy 😊 

 

The Finance Company would only be happy when it gets its slice of the action.  So someone (the 3 payment fan) or the club would have to front up the Finance Company’s slice.

Finance Companies make their income from loads of similar wee margins.  Either club or fan is getting a loan and loans always involve interest being paid.

 

You may be quite right though, that club may be happy to take in the full payment now (from the Finance Company) and accept a small charge for that.  The fan may well then only be paying the total cost(but in three payments).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

3B. The impact of what you are saying would be that the discounted price be available to all however and whenever they pay.  
From a personal perspective fine and dandy with me. From a business perspective from the clubs point of view, a cash flow disaster. Doesn’t mean that you are wrong about loyalty.

Offering a payment plan over 3 months (or 2 if you need to make a payment at the time of applying) should not lead to a cash flow disaster for the club, especially if you know that the vast majority of ST holders will make a purchase year after year.

Edited by 3 moffat buds
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, antrin said:

The Finance Company would only be happy when it gets its slice of the action.  So someone (the 3 payment fan) or the club would have to front up the Finance Company’s slice.

Finance Companies make their income from loads of similar wee margins.  Either club or fan is getting a loan and loans always involve interest being paid.

 

You may be quite right though, that club may be happy to take in the full payment now (from the Finance Company) and accept a small charge for that.  The fan may well then only be paying the total cost(but in three payments).

Either way around , the cash comes into the club now when it is needed most. Cash is King. More business go bust because they get this wrong, even if they were profitable. When they receive it is critical to planning and operating the business.
 

I know there is the option of a finance plan through a finance company and agree with how it works. There is even the possibility that the club gets an introduction fee for each fan who uses the facility. Don’t know if this applies to the 3 payment plan or to a monthly payment plan. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can see why people are complaining about the payment methods but the whole reason for the reduction is to get as much cash in as soon as possible.

Perhaps a compromise might have been to add a tier of discount to those who commit to pay but can't do so in oll in one go.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I can see why people are complaining about the payment methods but the whole reason for the reduction is to get as much cash in as soon as possible.

Perhaps a compromise might have been to add a tier of discount to those who commit to pay but can't do so in oll in one go.

 

That’s about the size of it St L

 Limited to existing season ticket holders renewing but only if the club get the money for the season up front. Too many questions otherwise despite my being keen to help others come along.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...