Season tickets

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Some fans won’t be willing to give any extra (including myself) as they were happy with the bums on seats. 

In saying that, great the club has engaged supporters & made a democratic decision. I hope the fans who were screaming about this for years will now put their money where their mouth is & contribute more, including attending these games. 

Like you I felt it was better to give the two stands to the Old Firm, but as you state - it's a democratic decision. I think we'll see how the gates compare unfavourably with last season's fixtures, but I just hope the 'moaning Minnies' turn up in their thousands now, and prove me wrong. :)

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Some fans won’t be willing to give any extra (including myself) as they were happy with the bums on seats. 

In saying that, great the club has engaged supporters & made a democratic decision. I hope the fans who were screaming about this for years will now put their money where their mouth is & contribute more, including attending these games. 

Good to see that you agree with the democratic decision to retain the family stand for home fans only. Fans were also asked if they would support others financially to come along to games. I see  this as a package deal where both come into play so will chip in.

if we Increase our home crowd by 300 per home game, charge the OF, Hibs, Hearts and others who charge us more to attend their games and we will raise more as well as improve our match atmosphere. 

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

You admit yourself it was a democratic decision so why would you or anyone else opposed not respect the democratic will of the majority and chip in now that it's clear that this is the feeling with the bulk of the support.

I suspect those opposed will be willing this to fail just so they can score petty points. Even if we are relegated this is the right decision. No way should any club rely on money from sectarian bigots to stay in the league run by that Sectarian bigot cartel. If we cant then so be it, we watch us play and enjoy days out to Thistle, Ayr and Morton rather than sitting listening to utter bile coming from both ends of our stadium or at their heaps half a dozen times a season. There's more to footballing life than the OF scum.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

I don’t agree with that premise whatsoever regarding a democratic vote on a sports team. I pay plenty of money to St Mirren with my season ticket & SMISA membership. I’m not willing to pay anymore which is my right over & above any club decision. 

I absolutely do not will anything to fail regarding the good for my club. I’m just not willing to pay extra money because fans have chosen empty seats.

43 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Good to see that you agree with the democratic decision to retain the family stand for home fans only. Fans were also asked if they would support others financially to come along to games. I see  this as a package deal where both come into play so will chip in.

if we Increase our home crowd by 300 per home game, charge the OF, Hibs, Hearts and others who charge us more to attend their games and we will raise more as well as improve our match atmosphere. 

Agreed, I assume enough fans have said they are willing to help out to bridge the gap on this & now I expect them to make good on that promise. Fingers crossed they do. 

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I don’t agree with that premise whatsoever regarding a democratic vote on a sports team. I pay plenty of money to St Mirren with my season ticket & SMISA membership. I’m not willing to pay anymore which is my right over & above any club decision. 

I absolutely do not will anything to fail regarding the good for my club. I’m just not willing to pay extra money because fans have chosen empty seats.

Surely  Smisa can help with the shortfall ,are they not retaining £10 a month for rainy days ? ie £120k 

At the risk of sounding unnecessarily pedantic, it's a club, a local institution even, that are requesting out vote. People often get the team mixed up with the club, and the former is the eleven players on the pitch representing the institution that has represented the town and the people of Paisley for nearly 150 years!

If you are a SMISA member and season ticket holder then you are doing more than your share, Bazil. 

25 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Possibly could but that would then impact us for rainy day for what is normal year on year budget. 

Exactly! "Why don't SMISA members just pick up the tab" won't wash with me. I would resign from SMISA if that was the case, especially given that I voted in favour of giving the Old Firm two stands. If the worst comes to the worst, the club will have to axe a player or two...I did say that was a possibility.

As for SMISA funds, ideally we should be looking to buy out Kibble.

55 minutes ago, munoz said:

Oh dear, expect an interrogation from @faraway saint, who will demand to know what you were doing visiting that forum.

As for the comments, priceless:

'Must be doing really well if they can afford to chick away roughly £300,000 a season. Good example of why fan ownership doesn’t work' - [W6er - I wonder how he arrived at that figure? I know they get royally ripped off, but surely they don't pay THAT much for games!]

'Hiding behind their fans to cover their own bigotry and hate. Rancid club that hopefully with this decision sees them go under.' [Wait a minute? Not giving them two stands amounts to 'bigotry and hate'? Is this an allusion to the notion that we're a 'wee ******** club'? "They have that Fitzpatrick at the helm, and Jim Goodwin's Irish. Dirty F****n b*****ds!" Also, are they forgetting that we're applying this rule to Celtic, too?]

'I would just love for our club to refuse any tickets to their ground for one season. This would show them how shallow their plan is. Relegation for this mob beckons, hopefully soon.' 

'Im guessing they only lose 3 games out it as a bottom six team and maybe average a little extra out of the other 35??' [A sensible comment!]

'Good for someone to stand up for morals and principles and do the right thing for once. It is their home after all. Whether it's financially sensible, well we'll see.' [Another one!]

'Bheasts who can't afford the bus fare' [Hilarious!]

'Cretinous f*ckwits. Their demise will be a great source of amusement.' [The rage is palpable!]

FWIW, I think this is a silly decision, but I am prepared to see how it works, and these comments have given me a good laugh.

At least one sensible voice echoing in the empty vessels.
image.png.f60b98b0b81393b709f48592042a9db7.png
That post he's replying to, FFS. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Our club's bigotry? By deciding both sides of the religious divide can only get the same as everyone else?

It's not even a pot/kettle situation, it's more like a pot/snow one. Bigots?? FFS! [emoji1787][emoji1787]

We should give the moaning cunts the same %age of our stadium that we get of their's (approx. 1.57%). So they should get 126 seats. Sorted. [emoji16]

Some more from Follow Follow:

'But you still get the follow follow brigade financially supporting this clowns business, ST Midden should be the first place Boycotted followed by a few others by starving them of the blue pound it wouldn't take the haters long to come round to our way of thinking & cleanse Scottish football of the Cabel that over see it at the moment.' 

'We should reduce their allocation by a similar % though.' [They play in a 50,000 seater stadium and give us 800 tickets. Even with one stand, they're getting more than we give them!]

'only 1 home game versus us this season
so it will be the Yahoos who will be asked to fill a further stand come round 3 of games' 

Edited to add my absolute favourite (question marks added by me):

Wonder how many times these clubs will get dry pumped with false promises by their own fans before they stop taking as much notice of them?

Also wonder how many of those who voted v Rangers have actually been regulars at some stadiums since then?

That first question he asks is really the crux of the matter. Will we be shafted by the 'moaning Minnies' who still don't turn up to the games and don't put any extra money into the club?

Edited by W6er

8 hours ago, HSS said:

I expect any away fans in the home ends will be ejected……….

There will be plenty of them who will go undetected. Suppose this isn’t much of an issue if they’re keeping their heads down. It’s the risks from the ones causing trouble.

There will be plenty of them who will go undetected. Suppose this isn’t much of an issue if they’re keeping their heads down. It’s the risks from the ones causing trouble.

& if they do start trouble or kick spout any sectarian bile it will be easy to identify and eject them , a lot easier than ejecting 1200 when the party songs start .

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

& if they do start trouble or kick spout any sectarian bile it will be easy to identify and eject them , a lot easier than ejecting 1200 when the party songs start .

But far more risky if our fans react and start fighting because there isn’t the separation. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

But far more risky if our fans react and start fighting because there isn’t the separation. 

I don't mind folk doing that, as long as they sit on their hands. But if they can't behave and have infiltrated an area of opposing fans and then goaded them (by celebrating, gloating over a late goal), that's got to be a breach of the peace, surely?