Welcome Curtis Main

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

What do you class as showing capability previously?

I've looked at Mains scoring record, can't find anything resembling that he's showed he's capable? 

Off the boil..........................never been close to boiling TBH. 

His BEST league tally was 8 from 38 games in the English league 1. 

We've already covered this, Main isn't an out and out striker, he's more a pressing forward. To my previous point, in modern football forward players are not always and only defined by how many times they burst the net. Must have been doing something right to get a game for Middlesbrough and win a move to Aberdeen from Well. 

Edited by bazil85

39 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

We've already covered this, Main isn't an out and out striker, he's more a pressing forward. To my previous point, in modern football forward players are not always and only defined by how many times they burst the net. Must have been doing something right to get a game for Middlesbrough and win a move to Aberdeen from Well. 

Have we......................how did you measure he was "off the boil" then?

Selective choice of teams, conveniently omitting Darlington, Shrewsbury, Doncaster Rovers , Oldham and Portsmouth, all league 1 and 2 teams at the time. 

Last post on this, you've already swerved your original post and we're heading down the road to nowhere. 

Edited by faraway saint

27 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Selective choice of teams, conveniently omitting Darlington, Shrewsbury, Doncaster Rovers , Oldham and Portsmouth, all league 1 and 2 teams at the time. 

Last post on this, you've already swerved your original post and we're heading down the road to nowhere. 

FFS, you just can't help yourself can you? Argumentative for the sake of argumentative. 

"someone who has MAYBE been a bit off the boil." My view is that's MAYBE fair regarding Main and his last couple seasons. Summed up by multiple accounts of other fans & ours alike, I chose the word MAYBE because of how often people like you go mental at anything that suggests certainty, you prey on it to cause pedantic arguments. As for omitting other teams, I would say most of them are better standard than St Mirren but I was responding to your previous capability point, that was seemingly shown at Motherwell and Middlesbrough. 

(I'm assuming by original post you mean the one on pressing forward and not the joke post I first made, if it was the actual first post, you're point makes no sense). No swerve at all, I literally referred you back to it when you started talking about his goal history. 

Probably a good idea to park it, yet again I have made some fair points (whether you accept that or not) and as you do with countless others, you've turned it into an argument for your own gratification. Sad life. 

Edited by bazil85

28 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Did you actually think that would be the last post :lol:

40 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Did you actually think that would be the last post :lol:

In a word........................naw. :lol:

34 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Mr Almost 50,000 posts has a cheek to discuss the "road to nowhere" on here. :whistle

He meant you ya dimwit. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Lies... here comes the spin "but, but, but I meant" :whistle

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

In a word........................naw. :lol:

He meant you ya dimwit. :lol:

I know what he meant, do you know what I meant?

23 minutes ago, pod said:

I think you have a problem understanding. 

I understand fine, I was pointing out the irony in an earlier response from someone that's posted near 50,000 times on here. Glad I could clarify for you both although surprised it was needed. 

Edited by bazil85

I wonder if thread demolishing like this is one of the reasons fewer and fewer people bother with this forum these days?

I’ve signed back up with P&B because I’m scunnered with the lack of debate and humour and the endless point scoring drivel on here. 

I know I’ll not be missed but a lot of interesting posters have given up before me.   Over to you Bazil for the inevitable last word.  

13 minutes ago, doonhamer said:

I wonder if thread demolishing like this is one of the reasons fewer and fewer people bother with this forum these days?

I’ve signed back up with P&B because I’m scunnered with the lack of debate and humour and the endless point scoring drivel on here. 

I know I’ll not be missed but a lot of interesting posters have given up before me.   Over to you Bazil for the inevitable last word.  

I would point out the thread was "demolished" after I gave (IMO) a pretty fair view on the modern attacking options in football, one that dare I say it, many would agree with. It's more of an inevitability that people on here will try to stifle almost anything and everything I post regardless of content than I would respond to this. It's often said as "my fault" but I maintain if I started posting under a different name, my responses wouldn't get close to the same backlash. We've even recently had a poster openly admit they will never get over my previous posting, even after I extended the olive branch. 

There's a definite old school clique on BAWA and IMO that has done a lot of harm on here. However I think (by far) the main reason for the demise of the website is better options elsewhere for younger fans. I wouldn't be surprised if you could count the number of under 30 year old regular users on this website on one hand and they ain't getting scared off by the arguing... Have you been on the St Mirren twitter page? 😅 

Edited by bazil85

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I would point out the thread was "demolished" after I gave (IMO) a pretty fair view on the modern attacking options in football, one that dare I say it, many would agree with. It's more of an inevitability that people on here will try to stifle almost anything and everything I post regardless of content than I would respond to this. It's often said as "my fault" but I maintain if I started posting under a different name, my responses wouldn't get close to the same backlash. We've even recently had a poster openly admit they will never get over my previous posting, even after I extended the olive branch. 

There's a definite old school clique on BAWA and IMO that has done a lot of harm on here. However I think (by far) the main reason for the demise of the website is better options elsewhere for younger fans. I wouldn't be surprised if you could count the number of under 30 regular users on this website on one hand and they ain't getting scared off by the arguing... Have you been on the St Mirren twitter page? 😅 

Wake up Faraway it's your turn 

Tired Alec Baldwin GIF by The Boss Baby

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if you could count the number of under 30 year old regular users on this website on one hand and they ain't getting scared off by the arguing... Have you been on the St Mirren twitter page? 😅 

I've been here since day one (how sad) and this site has never had many under 30 year old regular users.

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

I've been here since day one (how sad) and this site has never had many under 30 year old regular users.

Been here on and off since 2003 and still not 30 (not far off right enough), a lot of my pals are the same, they mostly just read but they rarely contribute anymore

Edited by mattman

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

What do you class as showing capability previously?

I've looked at Mains scoring record, can't find anything resembling that he's showed he's capable? 

Off the boil..........................never been close to boiling TBH. 

His BEST league tally was 8 from 38 games in the English league 1. 

wonder what his 'assist' rate is?