Welcome Greg Kiltie

• 11 months later...

Signed on to June 2025. I think this is good. Yeah there have been games he has felt a bit of a ghost and mostly I have felt this as they put him in a deeper role, but when you switch to 2 box to box and him higher up the pitch he is a real handful. I know a lot think he should be starting but I like that doing this changes it up a bit without messing too much with structure. I hope he gets more time.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, waldorf34 said:

Bit of a long contract ,taking a gamble on fitness 

It's a 2 year extension to what he has. Most players his age we want to keep will be offered 2 or 3 year deals like  that I think so we keep consistency in the squad and develop a better team, chopping and changing most your squad each year does you no good and means if a player has a good year we can get a transfer fee. Seems sound decision to me. 

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Seemed to lose his way a bit and wasn't delivering the goods.

However, he's been patient and has put in some impressive performances of late. If he stays fit, it's a good move.

Offers spmething a wee bit different and chips in with goals.

He is a potential game changer... game winner.

Like many players in that bracket, I think confidence plays a huge part.

The gaffer is showing belief in him and his confidence is high...

Here's hoping the contract extension pays dividends on the pitch.

Potentially a fabulous bit of business. 

Great to see him stay

I thought he’d be away this January as he’s too good to just be a squad player for a club like ours.

I expected he’d want regular games and with with the club looking to reduce the wage bill, I reckoned there would be no shortage of takers.

Having this sort of strength in depth is brilliant 

6 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Great to see him stay

I thought he’d be away this January as he’s too good to just be a squad player for a club like ours.

I expected he’d want regular games and with with the club looking to reduce the wage bill, I reckoned there would be no shortage of takers.

Having this sort of strength in depth is brilliant 

Pretty much how I see it . I'm not overly excited about us offering Kiltie a new contract as I feel he hasn't met expectations.  But I'm happy to trust Robinsons judgement,  he will see him train every day , be aware of his influence on the team at training  and maybe have a role in mind  for him as other players move on . I was also surprised to see how young Kiltie was .  Hope his mate Hendo signs a new contract too .