Lockdown - Benefits

faraway saint

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

As we, fingers crossed, come close to the end of flippin lockdowns, what have been, if any, benefits over the last 15 months?

I'm honestly struggling to see any real improvements to life in general. 

Didn't get any benefits.  :whistle

As we, fingers crossed, come close to the end of flippin lockdowns, what have been, if any, benefits over the last 15 months?

Managed to see much more television- particularly that cruising with Jane McDonald program [emoji7]

In all seriousness I’d managed to get much fitter last summer then very out of shape at the start of the year (heaviest I ever was) to now losing it all again, I’ve also noted that in spending less cash!!

16 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

Managed to see much more television- particularly that cruising with Jane McDonald program emoji7.png

In all seriousness I’d managed to get much fitter last summer then very out of shape at the start of the year (heaviest I ever was) to now losing it all again, I’ve also noted that in spending less cash!!

Did you watch the recent series on a Sunday night? 

I suppose the work I managed to get done in the garden last year on furlough was a bonus, would have taken me years TBH.

I did - if it’s the converted vessel that went right through the lower reaches of the Thames - quite good.

I’m the same regarding the back of my house and garden - been in this house 10 years now and I think I got jobs done that might never had happened had it not been for this.

COVID has changed a lot of things - I digress (likely better in another thread) but I do wonder if fans will get back into green hill road in August….and in what capacity..

23 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

I did - if it’s the converted vessel that went right through the lower reaches of the Thames - quite good.

I’m the same regarding the back of my house and garden - been in this house 10 years now and I think I got jobs done that might never had happened had it not been for this.

COVID has changed a lot of things - I digress (likely better in another thread) but I do wonder if fans will get back into green hill road in August….and in what capacity..

"the mitigations in place at Glasgow Green - reduced capacity, social-distancing, no alcoholic spirits served on match days - mean it has been designated a "low-risk event".

When you see the above being acceptable criteria for the Euro Fan Zone from this weekend then it seems likely that we may get back to unrestricted numbers in football stadiums quite quickly hopefully a couple of months from now !

I know a lot of people struggled but for me the lockdown had a few positives.

Saved a fortune ✔️

Got in a lot better shape ✔️

Set-up a nice working from home routine that will now become permanent, saving a fair bit of time on the commute and again money ✔️

What I found with lockdown was that Mrs CS could put up with me being at home, used to start looking forward to me going back to work towards the end of a fortnight off in past.😂

Money saved was soon gone on repairs done to the i800 which won't have to be done again whilst we own the car.

Tried working from home but couldn't get bus through the door😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by Cumbriansaint72

What I found with lockdown was that Mrs CS could put up with me being at home, used to start looking forward to me going back to work towards the end of a fortnight off in past.[emoji23]
Money saved was soon gone on repairs done to the i800 which won't have to be done again whilst we own the car.

Tried working from home but couldn't get bus through the door[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

9 out of 10 for effort.

Screenshot_20210608-170412_Chrome.jpeg

Seen the buddies loads more often than I normally would have , got loads done in the house and garden and saved a fortune as well, would have been happier with a normal year though but looking back been lucky not to lose anyone close to the bastard covid so many have had a much worse year, grateful for the few postives there were!

As an essential worker (not healthcare) I was only off work the first 2 weeks of the lockdown so wasn't really housebound like many folk....

I thought I'd miss my usual nights out at the pub but surprisingly I didn't, really enjoyed sitting watching football with a few beers in front of the telly, I honestly don't think I'll be visiting the boozers a fraction of the amount as I did before..

The thing I'll remember most from this period is the amount of folk I know who passed away, it seemed like a weekly occurance at one point 3 of them were very close friends yet strangely I never knew a single person who died from covid although a couple of old residents in my wife's work did..

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

still being here might be classed as a bit of a bonus?

21 hours ago, faraway saint said:

1. More quality time with the family 

2. Jobs all done in the house and outside too

3. Having the time to help out my older neighbours with shopping and jobs they can no longer manage 

4. Never having to miss any live sport Golf. Horse Racing, Football etc

5. Sitting in the garden on my newly built decking chilling with a cold beer 

6. Spending loads of time in the kitchen learning new recipes using fresh vegetables and produce keeping the waistline in check no more crappy microwave meals 

7. Wearing a mask  :bag  while out and about to avoid people who are a pain in the arse 

Other than that, what's the Roman's ever done for us   :boo2:   

17 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

2. Jobs all done in the house and outside too

5. Sitting in the garden on my newly built decking chilling with a cold beer 

In my case, 5 has been postponed until 2 has been completed. :(. It's a very long list. 😭 

Cut my commute to work from 45 minutes (each way) to around 5s from kitchen (coffee!) to back room. Saved a few quid on car running costs.