Dumbarton v St Mirren League Cup 10/7/21

shull

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

What you are suggesting could be considered as opportunities to further spread the virus, it could also result in loanees being cup-tied before their own team even starts the competition.

Oh , I’m sure  clubs will be able to work that out , not as if loan deals are a new thing 🤷‍♂️

An observation regarding Dumbarton FC:  I like many other purchased my PPV early as I usually do, of course then Dumbarton get a positive covid test and etc, etc.  My point is that without even requesting a refund, my £12 was back in my account Saturday morning, very impressed particularly since they are a part time club. Well done Dumbarton FC.

6 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Oh , I’m sure  clubs will be able to work that out , not as if loan deals are a new thing 🤷‍♂️

emergency loans in this context are pretty new

you could be talking about a manager looking at a list of all the available players within 24 hours of the match, weeding the ones who live too far away to make it for kick off before seeing if any clubs will talk and then looking at the players who are eligible, available and willing to turn out for a team that's just had a positive test result.  Then there is registration to consider

Go on, admit it, it's not feasible, is it?

you could be talking about a manager looking at a list of all the available players within 24 hours of the match, weeding the ones who live too far away to make it for kick off before seeing if any clubs will talk and then looking at the players who are eligible, available and willing to turn out for a team that's just had a positive test result.  Then there is registration to consider

Really ? In Scotland where 80%  of the population live within the central belt alone and there are scores of fringe players who would welcome a chance to shine ? 
Where there’s a will there’s a way .

Would you care to remind us all of the circumstances surrounding Bobby Zlamal coming to Saints on loan ? 

I’ll help you out .  Player was available, parent club happy to help, player happy to showcase his skills ,  can travel , turns out for a team with positive result.

The existing system for emergency loans applies to normal circumstance, memory fails me but i am sure that we had one other instance of an emergency goalie loan at St Mirren.  in the context of the pandemic and the fact that footballers fall right into the demographic of  the group currently most affected by  transmission then there is potential for many more players to be affected if infection rates are to rise following relaxation of restrictions.  If you have the totally foreseeable event where two clubs are hit right before a game, one can raise a triallist or two and the other fails to get anyone in, then the club that fails to add players will forfeit points even though the two clubs were equally affected by illness.  That would never be fair.