John McGinn

Privileged to watch this guy rise from being a wee bit in the stripes to Scotland stalwart and if not for Robertson, probable Captain.

Top Premiership player and handsome bugger with royalty among his fans.

He truly is living the dream and fair play to the lad... He has worked bloody hard to make it happen!

I remember years ago, Saints v Celtic at home.

Meatball had Scott Brown in his back pocket the whole game.

He went in for one crunching "hard but fair" tackle on Brown... Who turned to the referee pleading for protection!

McGinn just looked at Brown, put his fingers to his bottom lip, and mocked the Celtic skipper with a wibble wibble wibble gesture!

Class.

Used to be on YouTube but damned if I can find it.

I said back then, he was not just a successor to Brown in the Scotland midfield, but would have been an improvement and one to build our midfield around for years to come and a potential Captain.

Celtic fans scoffed and mocked... Bet they wish they had opened the biscuit tin after all!

Proud of McGinn and privileged to have witnessed his development.

What a guy. [emoji41][emoji1022]󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

McGinn is a level above McLean. Was also a level above him for St Mirren.
Best player we have produced since the late 70s early 80s
Really tough for me me to separate them.

Very different type of players.

Like comparing Stark with Abercrombie.

Two of the finest talents we have produced in decades and proud of both.

Both good players but Meatball is far more effective and has the greater impact on a game, as demonstrated last night.  He can do the defensive stuff and he's a constant threat where it matters.  I would guess their respective transfer values would would back that up.

13 hours ago, rabuddies said:

Both good players but Meatball is far more effective and has the greater impact on a game, as demonstrated last night.  He can do the defensive stuff and he's a constant threat where it matters.  I would guess their respective transfer values would would back that up.

Exactly the point I've made on many occasions.

McLean is talented but lacks consistency and is miles Way from McGinn in almost all key areas for a midfielder.

McGinn also has a personality. 🙄

Liverpool and Manchester Utd are both interested in raiding Aston Villa for midfielder John McGinn this summer.

McGinn played a key role as Scotland produced a superb performance against England on Friday, earning a 0-0 draw at Wembley Stadium.

He will now be looking to help Scotland beat Croatia on Tuesday, and he may have some very interested clubs taking a look at him.

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Liverpool and Manchester Utd are both interested in raiding Aston Villa for midfielder John McGinn this summer.

McGinn played a key role as Scotland produced a superb performance against England on Friday, earning a 0-0 draw at Wembley Stadium.

He will now be looking to help Scotland beat Croatia on Tuesday, and he may have some very interested clubs taking a look at him.

Lets hope so. He is the gift that keeps on giving

The only laugh is that the news are quoting 'upwards of £20m' for McGinn.

Given they have just shelled out £33m for a midfielder from Norwich, and McGinn signed a new 5 year contract a few months ago, I reckon the finances on the table will have to be about double that for Villa to even begin entertaining teams.

Edited by djchapsticks

The only laugh is that the news are quoting 'upwards of £20m' for McGinn.
Given they have just shelled out £33m for a midfielder from Norwich, and McGinn signed a new 5 year contract a few months ago, I reckon the finances on the table will have to be about double that for Villa to even begin entertaining teams.
And don't forget a sell on clause please Villa. A %age of a %age of a %age will come in handy when he (mibbe) goes to Barcelona for £120m later on. :whistle

• 2 years later...