Sign in to follow this  
BuddieinEK

John McGinn

I am not trying to be facetious in any way, my honest opinion, I’d take McLean over McGinn 
Personally, I'd actually agree and prefer him as a player... but all the more reason to respect McGinn for his achievements.

1 hour ago, Bayern bru said:

I am not trying to be facetious in any way, my honest opinion, I’d take McLean over McGinn 

McGinn is a level above McLean. Was also a level above him for St Mirren.

Best player we have produced since the late 70s early 80s

McGinn is a level above McLean. Was also a level above him for St Mirren.
Best player we have produced since the late 70s early 80s
Really tough for me me to separate them.

Very different type of players.

Like comparing Stark with Abercrombie.

Two of the finest talents we have produced in decades and proud of both.

Both good players but Meatball is far more effective and has the greater impact on a game, as demonstrated last night.  He can do the defensive stuff and he's a constant threat where it matters.  I would guess their respective transfer values would would back that up.

13 hours ago, rabuddies said:

Both good players but Meatball is far more effective and has the greater impact on a game, as demonstrated last night.  He can do the defensive stuff and he's a constant threat where it matters.  I would guess their respective transfer values would would back that up.

Exactly the point I've made on many occasions.

McLean is talented but lacks consistency and is miles Way from McGinn in almost all key areas for a midfielder.

McGinn also has a personality. 🙄

Liverpool and Manchester Utd are both interested in raiding Aston Villa for midfielder John McGinn this summer.

McGinn played a key role as Scotland produced a superb performance against England on Friday, earning a 0-0 draw at Wembley Stadium.

He will now be looking to help Scotland beat Croatia on Tuesday, and he may have some very interested clubs taking a look at him.

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Liverpool and Manchester Utd are both interested in raiding Aston Villa for midfielder John McGinn this summer.

McGinn played a key role as Scotland produced a superb performance against England on Friday, earning a 0-0 draw at Wembley Stadium.

He will now be looking to help Scotland beat Croatia on Tuesday, and he may have some very interested clubs taking a look at him.

Lets hope so. He is the gift that keeps on giving

The only laugh is that the news are quoting 'upwards of £20m' for McGinn.

Given they have just shelled out £33m for a midfielder from Norwich, and McGinn signed a new 5 year contract a few months ago, I reckon the finances on the table will have to be about double that for Villa to even begin entertaining teams.

Edited by djchapsticks

The only laugh is that the news are quoting 'upwards of £20m' for McGinn.
Given they have just shelled out £33m for a midfielder from Norwich, and McGinn signed a new 5 year contract a few months ago, I reckon the finances on the table will have to be about double that for Villa to even begin entertaining teams.
And don't forget a sell on clause please Villa. A %age of a %age of a %age will come in handy when he (mibbe) goes to Barcelona for £120m later on. :whistle