Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
BuddieinEK

John McGinn

Recommended Posts


I am not trying to be facetious in any way, my honest opinion, I’d take McLean over McGinn 
Personally, I'd actually agree and prefer him as a player... but all the more reason to respect McGinn for his achievements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bayern bru said:

I am not trying to be facetious in any way, my honest opinion, I’d take McLean over McGinn 

McGinn is a level above McLean. Was also a level above him for St Mirren.

Best player we have produced since the late 70s early 80s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
McGinn is a level above McLean. Was also a level above him for St Mirren.
Best player we have produced since the late 70s early 80s
Really tough for me me to separate them.

Very different type of players.

Like comparing Stark with Abercrombie.

Two of the finest talents we have produced in decades and proud of both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both good players but Meatball is far more effective and has the greater impact on a game, as demonstrated last night.  He can do the defensive stuff and he's a constant threat where it matters.  I would guess their respective transfer values would would back that up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, rabuddies said:

Both good players but Meatball is far more effective and has the greater impact on a game, as demonstrated last night.  He can do the defensive stuff and he's a constant threat where it matters.  I would guess their respective transfer values would would back that up.

Exactly the point I've made on many occasions.

McLean is talented but lacks consistency and is miles Way from McGinn in almost all key areas for a midfielder.

McGinn also has a personality. 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liverpool and Manchester Utd are both interested in raiding Aston Villa for midfielder John McGinn this summer.

McGinn played a key role as Scotland produced a superb performance against England on Friday, earning a 0-0 draw at Wembley Stadium.

He will now be looking to help Scotland beat Croatia on Tuesday, and he may have some very interested clubs taking a look at him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billyg said:

Liverpool and Manchester Utd are both interested in raiding Aston Villa for midfielder John McGinn this summer.

McGinn played a key role as Scotland produced a superb performance against England on Friday, earning a 0-0 draw at Wembley Stadium.

He will now be looking to help Scotland beat Croatia on Tuesday, and he may have some very interested clubs taking a look at him.

Lets hope so. He is the gift that keeps on giving

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only laugh is that the news are quoting 'upwards of £20m' for McGinn.

Given they have just shelled out £33m for a midfielder from Norwich, and McGinn signed a new 5 year contract a few months ago, I reckon the finances on the table will have to be about double that for Villa to even begin entertaining teams.

Edited by djchapsticks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The only laugh is that the news are quoting 'upwards of £20m' for McGinn.
Given they have just shelled out £33m for a midfielder from Norwich, and McGinn signed a new 5 year contract a few months ago, I reckon the finances on the table will have to be about double that for Villa to even begin entertaining teams.
And don't forget a sell on clause please Villa. A %age of a %age of a %age will come in handy when he (mibbe) goes to Barcelona for £120m later on. :whistle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...