Ipswich Fan in peace

Hi Guys,

Ipswich Town fan here. 

We have been linked with signing Vaclav Hladky with some reports stating he will be signing as soon as today. 

Just wondering what the catch is with him? He seems to have been highly rated when playing for St Mirren and linked with Rangers and also some other clubs in Europe at the time. Is there any reason why he ended up at Salford City in League 2?

Good luck for next season

Cheers

Edited by Ipswichfan
update

Hi mate,

Brilliant goalie. One of the best we’ve had in years. 
It was tears and snotters for us when he was leaving, but luckily we managed to sign an equally good keeper in Jak Alnwick.

I suspect the Salford City thing was purely down to pounds, shillings and pence. I imagine they would be able to pay him good money.

Always suspected he’d end up somewhere decent sooner or later.

If you sign him I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. 

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Hi mate,

Brilliant goalie. One of the best we’ve had in years. 
It was tears and snotters for us when he was leaving, but luckily we managed to sign an equally good keeper in Jak Alnwick.

I suspect the Salford City thing was purely down to pounds, shillings and pence. I imagine they would be able to pay him good money.

Always suspected he’d end up somewhere decent sooner or later.

If you sign him I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. 

What TPAFKA Jersey said. Great goalie. Probably would've ended up at Rangers if they didn't have MacGregor

Just now, Ipswichfan said:

Thanks for the reply. 

He certainly sounds promising, very refreshing to be linked with players that have been rated highly by their previous clubs.

He’s a great shot stopper and very comfortable with crosses, but I always thought his biggest attribute was his distribution. From hand or with his feet, the best I’ve seen at our place in many a year. 
If you can be bothered watching it, this was his finest hour. 

1 hour ago, Ipswichfan said:

Hi Guys,

Ipswich Town fan here. 

We have been linked with signing Vaclav Hladky with some reports stating he will be signing as soon as today. 

Just wondering what the catch is with him? He seems to have been highly rated when playing for St Mirren and linked with Rangers and also some other clubs in Europe at the time. Is there any reason why he ended up at Salford City in League 2?

Cheers

A fantastic goalkeeper, the best in any league he has played in for three seasons now, (don't let the Scottish bias to Celtic & Rangers keepers fool you). Genuinely think he could play at the highest level. 

2 hours ago, Ipswichfan said:

Hi Guys,

Ipswich Town fan here. 

Cheers

Brilliant keeper,loves nothing better than saving a wee penalty or two

How are Ipswich going to do in the upcoming season?They’ve been in the diddy leagues too long Used to love watching Ipswich back in their UEFA cup days Brilliant football and always a good atmosphere at a packed Portman Rd

I can only find one match between SMFC and ITFC although I was sure we’d played a friendly v them in more recent times We have to go back to 1966/67 when we managed to spunk a 3 goal lead in the Paisley Charity Cup

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1966&GameID=196608050

34 minutes ago, Sonny said:

We were shocked when he ended up at Salford. Believe they offered him big bucks. Vaclav is a great keeper who will become a cult hero. Can pass a ball better than most defenders.

To be fair I watched the 'class of 92 full time'. The last one they did was when they signed Hlacky and even up to the point if him signing for Salford his agent I'd say was trying to get him a higher team as they turned up very late and poor old Gary Neville was not far from pulling the deal. All said good luck to him, might end up playing higher.

3 hours ago, Ipswichfan said:

Hi Guys,

Ipswich Town fan here. 

Cheers

Hi, I am a big Town fan too. Lived in Ipswich for 4 years and had season ticket for Portman Road.

Hladky is  an excellant keeper who will be a first class signing. Was outstanding for St Mirren in his time here.

Big changes at Portman  Road, done well in getting Paul Cook, clearing out the squad and owners with ambition.

Hopefully good times ahead. 

2 hours ago, HSS said:

Brilliant keeper,loves nothing better than saving a wee penalty or two

How are Ipswich going to do in the upcoming season?They’ve been in the diddy leagues too long Used to love watching Ipswich back in their UEFA cup days Brilliant football and always a good atmosphere at a packed Portman Rd

I can only find one match between SMFC and ITFC although I was sure we’d played a friendly v them in more recent times We have to go back to 1966/67 when we managed to spunk a 3 goal lead in the Paisley Charity Cup

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1966&GameID=196608050

No, but we’ve played their beloved neighbours a good few times. 😃

No catch. He's a genuinely tremendous goalkeeper and a club like Ipswich was the level of club I expected him at after he left us. Certainly far too good for the league he went to.
This.

We won a watch with our replacement who is a quality keeper...

But in nearly 50 years of supporting Saints I'd rate Vaclav as good as any keeper I've seen.
Great shot stopper and as for distribution, better than most outfield players. He has vision and can launch attacks with one kick or throw.

I have Canary leanings, I won't lie... but I like Ipswich, have been to a game at Portman Road, and will wish them well with Vaclav in the team.

Great signing.

12 hours ago, Sonny said:

I note that Ipswich paid a fee for Vaclav. Any idea how much IFIP?

Hi gents,

Another town fan here. We're being kept very much in the dark over transfer fees- The new owners are keeping their cards close to their chests to avoid revealing how much of the new pension fund they are spending! The general consensus however is that the fee was less than £300k as we have been heavily linked with a rejected £350k bid for the Dundee keeper Benjamin Siegrist.

Always had a lot of time for St Mirren. Would love the clubs to be able to arrange a yearly match at alternating grounds.

Best of luck for the season. 

On 6/28/2021 at 9:37 AM, Ipswichfan said:

Hi Guys,

Ipswich Town fan here. 

Cheers

The best keeper i've seen for Saints and we have generally done quite well for keepers over the years i've been a supporter

What you have read here is a pretty good cross section of feelings for the guy. He came to our rescue several times over and his shot stopping was outstanding. I rate him along with England's current stopper in that department, especially at penalties.

When he left he was complimentary about the team and you got the impression he was a good team player and liked by he team mates. So good luck with him, I wish him and ITFC all the best.