Road To The Falkirk Stadium, Challenge Cup 23/24

• shull changed the title to Road To Whatever Stadium Challenge Cup 2022/23
  • 4 months later...
  • shull changed the title to Road To Whatever Stadium Challenge Cup 2021/22
  • 1 month later...
  • shull changed the title to Road To The Excelsior Stadium Challenge Cup 2021/22
  • 4 weeks later...

I watched this whole match.  :(

QoS started strong but RR scored a magnificent goal. Cracking run to cross from the line, met by a running powerful accurate header.  Great goal from Poplatnik….   (On loan from Livvi…)

QoS faded for a bit, then.

then….  They peppered the RR woodwork too many times before scoring a half-time equaliser.  Very much game on and Queens started strong in second half: RR were shambolic…. Then McGlynn made a sub and they changed shape… and got too good for queens who lost their control of midfield.  RR grew in confidence, Poplatnik got a second.  It was as good as over.

QoS have 4 big players out and lacked the quality of subs that RR had.  RR deserved the win.

I really liked the look of Queens defender, O Connor - big, strong, thinking player.

could do a job… and he’s Irish!

(He is on loan from… Motherwell.  Sigh. )

the clips above are worth a watch.

a chocolate one.  :(

Edited by antrin

14 minutes ago, antrin said:

I watched this whole match.  :(

QoS started strong but RR scored a magnificent goal. Cracking run to cross from the line, met by a running powerful accurate header.  Great goal from Poplatnik….   (On loan from Livvi…)

QoS faded for a bit, then.

then….  They peppered the RR woodwork too many times before scoring a half-time equaliser.  Very much game on and Queens started strong in second half: RR were shambolic…. Then McGlynn made a sub and they changed shape… and got too good for queens who lost their control of midfield.  RR grew in confidence, Poplatnik got a second.  It was as good as over.

QoS have 4 big players out and lacked the quality of subs that RR had.  RR deserved the win.

I really liked the look of Queens defender, O Connor - big, strong, thinking player.

could do a job… and he’s Irish!

(He is on loan from… Motherwell.  Sigh. )

the clips above are worth a watch.

a chocolate one.  :(

O’Connor did look decent. Solid at the back and threat at set pieces. Was unlucky to hit the woodwork .

Quick Google and I see he’s only on a 1 year deal at Well, hit with injuries first half of season but ever present since joining Queens. 

Who knows ?  Some of these young fellas look good in Championship and can’t cut it higher level, I’d like to th8nk we were at least aware of him but if we are , so will others. 

• shull changed the title to Road To Wherever Challenge Cup 2022/23
  • 1 month later...