Mate of mine I shared a flat in Wembley with Tam Anderson was from Paisley. Came up with him for 87 cup final and followed buddies ever since. I am working for Scottish firm now so coming up from liverpool (am blue not a red) and plan go the hearts game in aug. What's best pub or pubs to go to before game? Ps is the cotton club still there we went there after game and met the team 😁 Steve

15 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Ignore God of War. Most of us do anyway.

The Cotton Club burnt down a while back in mysterious circumstances. 

There are a decent number of Saints pubs in town who will make you welcome. 

You will meet many Saints fans in The Court Bar, The BankHouse, The Brewers Tap and The Bull.

My wife is Irish but was brought up in Bootle. She supports Everton as well as Saints.

You have chosen a good game as there is no love between Saints and Hearts. Should be a good atmosphere.

Knew some clown would say Bankhouse,🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Steve c said:

Mate of mine I shared a flat in Wembley with Tam Anderson was from Paisley. Came up with him for 87 cup final and followed buddies ever since. I am working for Scottish firm now so coming up from liverpool (am blue not a red) and plan go the hearts game in aug. What's best pub or pubs to go to before game? Ps is the cotton club still there we went there after game and met the team 😁 Steve

Remember Tam foxbar boy..  thought i heard he'd passed away hopefully not ? 

9 hours ago, Yflab said:

Ignore God of War. Most of us do anyway.

The Cotton Club burnt down a while back in mysterious circumstances. 

There are a decent number of Saints pubs in town who will make you welcome. 

You will meet many Saints fans in The Court Bar, The BankHouse, The Brewers Tap and The Bull.

My wife is Irish but was brought up in Bootle. She supports Everton as well as Saints.

You have chosen a good game as there is no love between Saints and Hearts. Should be a good atmosphere.

Cheers will see if I can get in a cpl of them 

7 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Remember Tam foxbar boy..  thought i heard he'd passed away hopefully not ? 

He had a sister in Paisley and came to London with a mate Gordon (nickname Gordon the knife or blade) he was a short  stocky guy with a bit of dark hair. Had some great drinking sessions and we got into a few good rumbles 😁 lost contact with him when he moved East end of London 20years ago

1 hour ago, Steve c said:

He had a sister in Paisley and came to London with a mate Gordon (nickname Gordon the knife or blade) he was a short  stocky guy with a bit of dark hair. Had some great drinking sessions and we got into a few good rumbles 😁 lost contact with him when he moved East end of London 20years ago

I, police still looking for him. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Steve c said:

Not sure who the short stocky Gordon would be but I knew Tam.. lots of people did he was pretty well known before he left Paisley many years ago...  yes kin imagine a few hairy moments with Tam was a bit of a lad.... had really long hair until it fell out I believe 😂  would be about 65 now... if he's still with us... sure I heard he passed away...  I'll find out for sure 

10 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I am from Foxbar and I’m guessing not massively different age group from you. Must admit I don’t recognise the name Tam Anderson. 

Tam would be about 65 sure he was in my older brother class in school.... he must have left Paisley late teens early 20s remember him coming back for a few games early doors... 1987 may even be the last time 

59 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Tam would be about 65 sure he was in my older brother class in school.... he must have left Paisley late teens early 20s remember him coming back for a few games early doors... 1987 may even be the last time 

Ah right. Ok, I’m only 55 so good chance I might not have known him. Would he have ran about with John “The Skull” Scullion?

4 hours ago, Steve c said:

Just phoned my big mate a well known Saints fan and foxbar boy too.  hopefully it's the same Tam.

Tam worked in a fruit n veg market in London and passed away quite a few years ago 🙏🏼  I'm sure Tam will be smiling down on you when you show up at the stadium Steve...  yes has a sister,  he also has brother who is a regular in our Pub  the Jaybees  in Maxwellton Street.  

The Gordon I think that was with Tam wasn't stocky he was slim with dark hair about 5ft 8"... his 2nd name rhymed with blade mind :lol:  maybe that's where it came from. 

5 hours ago, Steve c said:

There was a Saints fan known as Slasher that used to be on the Chivas Regal bus during the early eighties who went down to live and work in London. Used to be a bit of a west ham fan. Pleasant chap, who was one of the two Saints fans that went to the Slavia Prague away game. 

5 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

There was a Saints fan known as Slasher that used to be on the Chivas Regal bus during the early eighties who went down to live and work in London. Used to be a bit of a west ham fan. Pleasant chap, who was one of the two Saints fans that went to the Slavia Prague away game. 

There were more than two Saints fans went to Prague. I know of at least another 3.
How would anyone know categorically how many Saints fans were at the game? 

2 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Not sure who the short stocky Gordon would be but I knew Tam.. lots of people did he was pretty well known before he left Paisley many years ago...  yes kin imagine a few hairy moments with Tam was a bit of a lad.... had really long hair until it fell out I believe 😂  would be about 65 now... if he's still with us... sure I heard he passed away...  I'll find out for sure 

Sorry meant tam short stocky and yeah was losing his hair 🤭. Gordon was slim. Yeah let me know re tam pls. May catch you at the match. Cheers

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

Just phoned my big mate a well known Saints fan and foxbar boy too.  hopefully it's the same Tam.

Tam worked in a fruit n veg market in London and passed away quite a few years ago 🙏🏼  I'm sure Tam will be smiling down on you when you show up at the stadium Steve...  yes has a sister,  he also has brother who is a regular in our Pub  the Jaybees  in Maxwellton Street.  

The Gordon I think that was with Tam wasn't stocky he was slim with dark hair about 5ft 8"... his 2nd name rhymed with blade mind :lol:  maybe that's where it came from. 

Yes defo Tam he was doing fruit and veg by me then in harrow and few other places. Will try and get the jaybees. Would like to say hello to his brother . Yes that's Gordon from your description.

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Ah right. Ok, I’m only 55 so good chance I might not have known him. Would he have ran about with John “The Skull” Scullion?

Was that the scullions that lived in Ivenhoe Road? My mum used to go on about them when she worked in Murrays bookies down from Camphill.