6 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Glasgow is an utter shithole

I cause Paisley is a cracking place🤣🤣ffs you ever been to a night out in Glasgow? Paisley is a million times worse!

9 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Because the two guys that went told me. 

How would they know if there were any other Saints fans there though?

Not having a pop at you mate, but I’ve heard this “only two fans” thing before and it’s simply not true. 
Sounds like there were a couple of guys there who for some reason wanted folk to think they were the only two there and the myth gets perpetuated by other fans.  🤷‍♂️

46 minutes ago, God of war said:

I cause Paisley is a cracking place🤣🤣ffs you ever been to a night out in Glasgow? Paisley is a million times worse!

Have to agree. I would never run Paisley down and I like a good night out in the town, but Glasgow is considerably better. There’s no shame in saying that. 

Have to agree. I would never run Paisley down and I like a good night out in the town, but Glasgow is considerably better. There’s no shame in saying that. 
It really all depends on the company, the atmosphere, what you are looking for from a night out, etc. Glasgow is more expensive (being a Paisley boy, I hate paying extra for anything) and isn't within walking distance (at least for this auld unfit bastard) from my bed.

The best night out I ever had was in Paisley on the 16th of May 1987. The afternoon in Glasgow was not bad as well. [emoji16]

As I said, it all depends.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

How would they know if there were any other Saints fans there though?

Not having a pop at you mate, but I’ve heard this “only two fans” thing before and it’s simply not true. 
Sounds like there were a couple of guys there who for some reason wanted folk to think they were the only two there and the myth gets perpetuated by other fans.  🤷‍♂️

I believe them, they hardly missed a game early eighties and knew most of the away support. Everyone who followed Saints early eighties knew Simon and Slasher. 

2 hours ago, God of war said:

Was speaking to a footballer that was playing in a midweek testimonial at Parkhead for Notts Forest during the eighties, after the game the players all headed to Toledo Junction because that was where the action was. 

6 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Was speaking to a footballer that was playing in a midweek testimonial at Parkhead for Notts Forest during the eighties, after the gahme the players all headed to Toledo Junction because that was where the action was. 

Brian clough took the Nottingham forest team into the pub in Paisley owned by Celtic manager Davy Hay a couple of hours before a European tie and said Davy told us to drop the tabs on him in... give the the boys what they want... back of Gilmore street... name escapes me.... then won the game 2-0 

Brian clough took the Nottingham forest team into the pub in Paisley owned by Celtic manager Davy Hay a couple of hours before a European tie and said Davy told us to drop the tabs on him in... give the the boys what they want... back of Gilmore street... name escapes me.... then won the game 2-0 
Was it not just called Davie Hay's when he had it? Or just Hay's?

Edit: You probably know it as The Hole In The Wa.

2 minutes ago, Slarti said:
10 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Was it not just called Davie Hay's when he had it?

Don't think it was ever called that,, I could be wrong of course,  was it the Three Horse Shoes, 🤔

10 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Don't think it was ever called that,, I could be wrong of course,  was it the Three Horse Shoes, 🤔

The Three Horseshoe was behind Davie Hays (HITW) and later became Chaplins Its now an accountancy office or similar

I was drinking in Jack Daniels in 1987…………alongside half the team

🙃🤪🤔

1 minute ago, HSS said:

The Three Horseshoe was behind Davie Hays (HITW) and later became Chaplins Its now an accountancy office or similar

I was drinking in Jack Daniels in 1987…………alongside half the team

🙃🤪🤔

Right my memory is fading what was the davy hays called before and probably after someone will know i'm sure.. was a well known pub

2 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Right my memory is fading what was the davy hays called before and probably after someone will know i'm sure.. was a well known pub

HITW………Hole In The Wall 

6 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Was speaking to a footballer that was playing in a midweek testimonial at Parkhead for Notts Forest during the eighties, after the game the players all headed to Toledo Junction because that was where the action was. 

Paisley used to have a cracking nightlife. Carnagies was superb for years as was Pillars. Was a lot of good clubs and pubs and place was bouncing at weekends. Used to go to Network in my youth and had some great nights.

8 hours ago, Slarti said:

Was it not just called Davie Hay's when he had it? Or just Hay's?

Edit: You probably know it as The Hole In The Wa.

I thought it changed to David Hays mid eighties in an attempt to make it a Celtic pub. I'm sure the Chivas Regal Bus used to run from the Hole in the Wa and continued to do so after the name change.