22 hours ago, Steve c said:

Sorry meant tam short stocky and yeah was losing his hair 🤭. Gordon was slim. Yeah let me know re tam pls. May catch you at the match. Cheers

Spoke to Tam's Brother last night, sadly he has passed away. never knew he was Tam's brother but should have he was a year below me in school.  he's a very quiet guy totally different nature from Tam, don't think he's into football much either. 

Said if you're going to the Hearts game he'll make sure he's in the pub to meet you, so keep in touch i will let him know 

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Used to play quite a lot of money matches in the HITW. 

The owner wasn't much good at pool but had cash so he'd hike up the stakes and put some people off, although it didn't always work. 

You sure that wasn't the The Three Horseshoes, a lot of big stakes games on the pool table in there,  The owner involved in most of them 

17 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:
On 7/8/2021 at 8:38 PM, God of war said:
I cause Paisley is a cracking placeemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngffs you ever been to a night out in Glasgow? Paisley is a million times worse!

Plus I don't drink. So couldn't care who has the better nightlife. Only thing in Paisley for me is Saints and family.

U are a right laugh 😅

Brian clough took the Nottingham forest team into the pub in Paisley owned by Celtic manager Davy Hay a couple of hours before a European tie and said Davy told us to drop the tabs on him in... give the the boys what they want... back of Gilmore street... name escapes me.... then won the game 2-0 

I started following saints mid 80s. 1st game Dec 83. I'm pretty sure it was just called Davy Hays too. Think i can remember locals pointing it out to me at the time. Takes me back reading about Slasher and Simon. Can remember meeting them both but can't picture them. Can remember talking to Simon about his Prague trip. It was a bit of a novelty back then because such places weren't as easily accessible. The Gordon people have referred to. I'm wondering if he used to be nicknamed Gudge? Used to be a regular with the North End saints. 

Brian clough took the Nottingham forest team into the pub in Paisley owned by Celtic manager Davy Hay a couple of hours before a European tie and said Davy told us to drop the tabs on him in... give the the boys what they want... back of Gilmore street... name escapes me.... then won the game 2-0 
I started following saints mid 80s. 1st game Dec 83. I'm pretty sure it was just called Davy Hays too. Think i can remember locals pointing it out to me at the time. Takes me back reading about Slasher and Simon. Can remember meeting them both but can't picture them. Can remember talking to Simon about his Prague trip. It was a bit of a novelty back then because such places weren't as easily accessible. The Gordon people have referred to. I'm wondering if he used to be nicknamed Gudge? Used to be a regular with the North End saints. 
Different Gordon. Had forgotten he even had that nickname. I had the pleasure of making him sick travelling on the original Cockles bus to an away game. Don't remember what I had to eat the night before. [emoji2961]

There was even a saying, "who farted, Gilly, who made Gordie sick, The Cookie Monster" [emoji1787]

Is it wrong I'm pwoud of that. [emoji848]

4 hours ago, john scott said:

8 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Different Gordon. Had forgotten he even had that nickname. I had the pleasure of making him sick travelling on the original Cockles bus to an away game. Don't remember what I had to eat the night before. emoji2961.png

There was even a saying, "who farted, Gilly, who made Gordie sick, The Cookie Monster" emoji1787.png

Is it wrong I'm pwoud of that. emoji848.png

The Gordon Steve is referring too isn't a saints fan