Do you want England to win on Sunday?

Doakes

55 years of hurt ?

55 years of retribution more like for stealing the World Cup with a "goal" that wasn't over the line and another one scored during a pitch invasion. 

55 years and counting I hope.

'mon the Italians !!!

55 years of hurt ?
55 years of retribution more like for stealing the World Cup with a "goal" that wasn't over the line and another one scored during a pitch invasion. 
'mon the Italians !!!
I've always been happy to be able to say that they haven't won anything in my lifetime, hopefully that continues.

3 minutes ago, Slarti said:
7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:
55 years of hurt ?
'mon the Italians !!!

I've always been happy to be able to say that they haven't won anything in my lifetime, hopefully that continues.

Please don't die for at least another 50 years mate.

Please don't die for at least another 50 years mate.
As long as I last until after Sunday. [emoji16]

I was born in 66, but after they won it. For all their superiority complex over the years, to date they have only won one more trophy than us.

Why would anybody support a country that sided with Germany during 2nd world war?  Ffs our grandpas, families etc stood side by side with the English to fight off these invaders but now its ok to support them at football. Get tae feck, England all the way.....fecking Scotland got a draw against England and became the greatest team in world with best player ever in Gilmour. Scottish media just as bad. COME ON ENGLAND 🇬🇧

Why would anybody support a country that sided with Germany during 2nd world war?  Ffs our grandpas, families etc stood side by side with the English to fight off these invaders but now its ok to support them at football. Get tae feck, England all the way.....fecking Scotland got a draw against England and became the greatest team in world with best player ever in Gilmour. Scottish media just as bad. COME ON ENGLAND [emoji636]
They were also on our side later. And on our side in WW1. How far do you want to go back? Culloden? Bannockburn? Falkirk? Stirling Bridge? The Berwick massacre? Or maybe just as far as the Poll Tax?

There are probably historical reasons to "hate" every other country in the world (and our own) but that's just stupid.

Personally, I want Italy to win because, if they don't, we'll never hear the end of it.

Why would anybody support a country that sided with Germany during 2nd world war?  Ffs our grandpas, families etc stood side by side with the English to fight off these invaders but now its ok to support them at football. Get tae feck, England all the way.....fecking Scotland got a draw against England and became the greatest team in world with best player ever in Gilmour. Scottish media just as bad. COME ON ENGLAND [emoji636]
I know you probably don't get taught this kind of thing nowadays but you do know that isn't the English flag, of course you you could just be on the wind up again but I prefer to think you are just unaware.

1 hour ago, StanleySaint said:
4 hours ago, God of war said:
Why would anybody support a country that sided with Germany during 2nd world war?  Ffs our grandpas, families etc stood side by side with the English to fight off these invaders but now its ok to support them at football. Get tae feck, England all the way.....fecking Scotland got a draw against England and became the greatest team in world with best player ever in Gilmour. Scottish media just as bad. COME ON ENGLAND emoji636.png

I know you probably don't get taught this kind of thing nowadays but you do know that isn't the English flag, of course you you could just be on the wind up again but I prefer to think you are just unaware.

British flag, we are all part of the Union....COME ON ENGLAND against the small minded bigots....

The supreme arrogance of the English media, in relation to both their football (male and female) and rugby union teams, means that I wish any nation success against them.

I want them to win at cricket, but I couldn't care less about how any of their other teams fare.

Unsurprisingly, I will be supporting Italy. Italy is a a brilliant place, and, in my experience, Italian people are very welcoming to Scots. 

Forza Azzuri!

Not fussed either way.

Just disappointed that Scotland are not in this position.

I have close friends up here who are English and I'm happy for them that they get to experience something like this because this isn't something which happens very often.

For that reason I'll be quite happy for them to win.

Also, I'm a grown man, not a 12 year old child.

The arrogance or the entitlement thing is odd.

If you want arrogant and entitlement, you can't get better than the Germans, the Dutch, the Spanish and the Italians. Alternatively, closer to home, speak to any police officer or school teacher and see if you can last  minutes without wanting to walk away in despair.

In 1978, we sent thousands to Argentina believing that we were GOING to win that World Cup. I also remember the rage when we lost to Peru and couldn't beat Iran. Costa Rica in 1990 was another low point so we're not above any of this.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Not fussed either way.

Just disappointed that Scotland are not in this position.

I have close friends up here who are English and I'm happy for them that they get to experience something like this because this isn't something which happens very often.

Really?  :blink:

No you don't. :lol: