Do you want England to win on Sunday?

Doakes

Not fussed either way.
Just disappointed that Scotland are not in this position.
I have close friends up here who are English and I'm happy for them that they get to experience something like this because this isn't something which happens very often.
For that reason I'll be quite happy for them to win.
Also, I'm a grown man, not a 12 year old child.
The arrogance or the entitlement thing is odd.
If you want arrogant and entitlement, you can't get better than the Germans, the Dutch, the Spanish and the Italians. Alternatively, closer to home, speak to any police officer or school teacher and see if you can last  minutes without wanting to walk away in despair.
In 1978, we sent thousands to Argentina believing that we were GOING to win that World Cup. I also remember the rage when we lost to Peru and couldn't beat Iran. Costa Rica in 1990 was another low point so we're not above any of this.

The difference is that we don't get their arrogance shoved down our necks on a shared TV service.

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Not fussed either way.

Just disappointed that Scotland are not in this position.

I have close friends up here who are English and I'm happy for them that they get to experience something like this because this isn't something which happens very often.

For that reason I'll be quite happy for them to win.

Also, I'm a grown man, not a 12 year old child.

The arrogance or the entitlement thing is odd.

If you want arrogant and entitlement, you can't get better than the Germans, the Dutch, the Spanish and the Italians. Alternatively, closer to home, speak to any police officer or school teacher and see if you can last  minutes without wanting to walk away in despair.

In 1978, we sent thousands to Argentina believing that we were GOING to win that World Cup. I also remember the rage when we lost to Peru and couldn't beat Iran. Costa Rica in 1990 was another low point so we're not above any of this.

SheldRhino.gif

Sheldon.gif

Edited by FTOF

Why would anybody support a country that sided with Germany during 2nd world war?  Ffs our grandpas, families etc stood side by side with the English to fight off these invaders but now its ok to support them at football. Get tae feck, England all the way.....fecking Scotland got a draw against England and became the greatest team in world with best player ever in Gilmour. Scottish media just as bad. COME ON ENGLAND [emoji636]

Screenshot_20210629-102000_Chrome.jpeg

British flag, we are all part of the Union....COME ON ENGLAND against the small minded bigots....
What a failed fishing attempt. [emoji1787]

2 hours ago, Slarti said:

The difference is that we don't get their arrogance shoved down our necks on a shared TV service.

Nobody gets their arrogance shoved down their throats. Anybody who has actually visited to these countries know that it doesn't exist.

Anyway, it would seem quite stupid for anyone to compare the arrogance of the media of one country against the population of entire nations, especially when it's made up xenophobic pish.

Edited by FTOF

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

Nobody gets their arrogance shoved down their throats. Anybody who has actually visited to these countries know that it doesn't exist.

Anyway, it would seem quite stupid for anyone to compare the arrogance of the media of one country against the population of entire nations, especially when it's made up xenophobic pish.

Why would anybody support a country that sided with Germany during 2nd world war?  Ffs our grandpas, families etc stood side by side with the English to fight off these invaders but now its ok to support them at football. Get tae feck, England all the way.....fecking Scotland got a draw against England and became the greatest team in world with best player ever in Gilmour. Scottish media just as bad. COME ON ENGLAND emoji636.png

It's not often I agree with G.O.W, but I do here, this thing we Scots have supposedly got for the English is bloody childish, Scotland v England 'let's kick the sh*t out of them' but against Italians.....................yer aving a girraffe.

Are you really saying that you have visited all those countries, have watched local football shows on telly there and/or read their local sports reporting and are fluent enough in all their languages to know that they are not arrogant about their international football successes?

A few years back I heard a German football reporter on (I think) Radio Scotland and he was asked about whether they, like England, kept on bringing up their WC wins. He replied (paraphrasing here) "Of course, we mention it all the time, every chance we get, but we are only broadcasting to Germans".

7 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

What a failed fishing attempt. emoji1787.png

No fishing here, truly want England to win. I would imagine a shite-bag like yourself would jump on whatever side is winning anyway!!!!

4 hours ago, jaybee said:

Why would anybody support a country that sided with Germany during 2nd world war?  Ffs our grandpas, families etc stood side by side with the English to fight off these invaders but now its ok to support them at football. Get tae feck, England all the way.....fecking Scotland got a draw against England and became the greatest team in world with best player ever in Gilmour. Scottish media just as bad. COME ON ENGLAND emoji636.png

It's not often I agree with G.O.W, but I do here, this thing we Scots have supposedly got for the English is bloody childish, Scotland v England 'let's kick the sh*t out of them' but against Italians.....................yer aving a girraffe.

Is fecking pathetic "i dont like English media and commentators" ffs why the flying feck wpuld you want Italy to win unless you have somekind of attachment to the country???

8 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

What a failed fishing attempt. emoji1787.png

Bet you cannot even explain this photo. The English FA did not believe in politics in football hence why rightly or wrongly this photo was taken What your point is i have no idea.

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, Slarti said:

Are you really saying that you have visited all those countries, have watched local football shows on telly there and/or read their local sports reporting and are fluent enough in all their languages to know that they are not arrogant about their international football successes?

A few years back I heard a German football reporter on (I think) Radio Scotland and he was asked about whether they, like England, kept on bringing up their WC wins. He replied (paraphrasing here) "Of course, we mention it all the time, every chance we get, but we are only broadcasting to Germans".

I was referring to the perceived arrogance of entire nations, which had been brought into the conversation for some reason.

6 hours ago, jaybee said:

Some of us can move on from events that happened many decades ago. 

I don't blame the current populations of countries for events that happened in the past.

My mates partner is English and she's right into football. We take the pish out of each other, but I'll be sending her a message of congratulations if they win. 

Italy? Been there loads of times. Love the place and the people. Hence my current support for them.

Edited by FTOF

10 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Some of us, it would seem, can move on from events that happened many decades ago.

I don't blame the current populations of countries for events that happened in the past.

My mates partner is English and she's right into football. We take the pish out of each other, but I'll be sending her a message of congratulations if they win. 

Italy? Been there loads of times. Love the place and the people. Hence my current support for them.

I've never understood the "unfounded" anti English stuff that surfaces at times like this.

I try to put things in perspective by thinking what would be going on in Scotland IF we were in this position.

Christ, we went into meltdown in 78' simply by qualifying.

The coverage can get a bit much but I tend to let it go, certainly nothing to get all angry about. 

As for the game, tight IMO, Italy have been hot since the start, even longer but England have grown in confidence and while they, IMO, don't have the individual mega stars they've had in the past they have a very strong squad which has given Southgate options in every game, which he's used.

I'll not be "supporting" either team but where I place my bet will sway me preference for the full time result. :rolleyes:

Bet you cannot even explain this photo. The English FA did not believe in politics in football hence why rightly or wrongly this photo was taken What your point is i have no idea.
How much do you want to bet?

That's in real money not imaginary like saying what players you scouted. [emoji1787]

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

How much do you want to bet?

That's in real money not imaginary like saying what players you scouted. emoji1787.png

What a comeback from forum fool. Gies another fool, go on., u can't help it!

I was referring to the perceived arrogance of entire nations, which had been brought into the conversation for some reason.

The thread is about the final of a football tournament, not about countries. The arrogance being referred to is about football matters - at least that's how I took it as, surely, if he was taking about "the perceived arrogance of entire nations" he would have mentioned the French and Americans.

Anyway, it's not worth arguing about, I'm out.

16 minutes ago, Slarti said:

The thread is about the final of a football tournament, not about countries. The arrogance being referred to is about football matters - at least that's how I took it as, surely, if he was taking about "the perceived arrogance of entire nations" he would have mentioned the French and Americans.

Anyway, it's not worth arguing about, I'm out.

Who's arguing? :P

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

I can see words but all I hear is the sound of breaking glass. emoji1787.png

Another superb comeback from forum fool...keep them coming wee man, u seething, aye!

Edited by Guest