Do you want England to win on Sunday?

Doakes

6 hours ago, Slarti said:

The thread is about the final of a football tournament, not about countries. The arrogance being referred to is about football matters

Correct.

Unsurprisingly, FTOF struggled to understand that simple point.

That seems to be becoming something of a habit. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Why would I be seething, I'm not the one that has to make stuff up and not back up a bet that challenged me to. You emoji215.pngemoji1787.png

Forum fool is absolutely melting down here. Absolutely seething, my work with this fool is complete!

Forum fool is absolutely melting down here. Absolutely seething, my work with this fool is complete!
Once you've cleaned up all the glass from when your bottle crashed please please let me know the stake you're willing to bet. You wrote it, let's see you backing it up. [emoji1787]

Once you've cleaned up all the glass from when your bottle crashed please please let me know the stake you're willing to bet. You wrote it, let's see you backing it up. [emoji1787]
He'll bet you a bottle but you'll need to sweep it up yourself. [emoji1787]

13 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Once you've cleaned up all the glass from when your bottle crashed please please let me know the stake you're willing to bet. You wrote it, let's see you backing it up. emoji1787.png

Shhhhhh wee man, I'm done with u. Hung u out more times to dry than i can remember, u bore me now. Ill move on....no point replying...run along!!!!

46 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I can now just make out over the noise of bottles crashing, reversing horns sounding. emoji1787.png

Your just not very clever are you....thickasfuk.com

Gary L made an interesting point before game, that since the Russian Linesman "goal" its fate that has been holding England back....

Must be all those lost finals that they were in.....  and 34 % possession and 2 shots on target in the Semis and Final

Rio stating that England are the best footballing team at the Euros,

Thankfully the BBC will have a wee rest now until the WC where England will defiantly be in with a chance of bringing it home …..

Its Comedy gold, that arrogance can never be backed up with actual football ability....

Bring on the next chapter

Quite a lot to unpack with regards to England fan behaviour;

On one hand, supporters rushing the gates was dangerous and could have ended very badly if someone was crushed by a fence when they kicked them down.

However - I do believe that football has been stolen from the working class. (especially in England where money is king) 

Ticket prices for the final were eye watering. Far beyond the reach of most. Seen some online going for thousands

The security was nowhere near up to scratch, so I can understand why it happened - can't be too mad about that

The racial abuse of their own players is to put it bluntly - f**king disgusting, seems to be a real issue with that south of the border (and with fans of a certain club up here, who's views seem to align quite closely with the mutant section of the England support)

The images from Leicester Square pre match were some of the worst I've seen, people throwing glass bottles into the air into a crowded area - whoever does that is quite frankly, an absolute dick, and if caught should be given a decent amount of time in jail. Could easily give someone life changing injuries doing that. 

3 hours ago, Doakes said:

On one hand, supporters rushing the gates was dangerous and could have ended very badly if someone was crushed by a fence when they kicked them down.

However - I do believe that football has been stolen from the working class. (especially in England where money is king) 

Ticket prices for the final were eye watering. Far beyond the reach of most. Seen some online going for thousands

The security was nowhere near up to scratch, so I can understand why it happened - can't be too mad about that

The racial abuse of their own players is to put it bluntly - f**king disgusting, seems to be a real issue with that south of the border (and with fans of a certain club up here, who's views seem to align quite closely with the mutant section of the England support)

The images from Leicester Square pre match were some of the worst I've seen, people throwing glass bottles into the air into a crowded area - whoever does that is quite frankly, an absolute dick, and if caught should be given a decent amount of time in jail. Could easily give someone life changing injuries doing that. 

It was the working class who bought Sky subscriptions in their millions which kept the entire farce afloat for the last 30 years. There is no escaping that shared responsibility.

The working classes sold their own sport.

Absolutely nothing excuses either the racism, the storming of Wembley or the violence last night. The people involved are not working class. They are scum.

Edited by oaksoft

25 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It was the working class who bought Sky subscriptions in their millions which kept the entire farce afloat for the last 30 years. There is no escaping that shared responsibility.

The working classes sold their own sport.

Absolutely nothing excuses either the racism, the storming of Wembley or the violence last night. The people involved are not working class. They are scum.

Not true.. Only a small percentage of the UK population subscribe to Sky, I believe around 9 million when I worked for them, and an even smaller percentage in the UK have legal access to Sky Sports. 

Sky make the majority of their money from selling the rights to a worldwide audience. So really it’s been sold to the highest bidder by the FA

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

Not true.. Only a small percentage of the UK population subscribe to Sky, I believe around 9 million when I worked for them, and an even smaller percentage in the UK have legal access to Sky Sports. 

Sky make the majority of their money from selling the rights to a worldwide audience. So really it’s been sold to the highest bidder by the FA

I think 9 million UK subscribers qualifies as "millions" Doakes.

I take your point about worldwide subscriptions and that will certainly have implications south of the border.

Not sure how any of that explains what happened prior to the game last night though.

Edited by oaksoft

11 hours ago, Doakes said:

Ticket prices, through official channels......................not the black market prices you seem to have read about.

Ranging from £295 to £945

image.png.ddd01478d2c8e30b5feb28e411cd2a95.png

10 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I think 9 million UK subscribers qualifies as "millions" Doakes.

I take your point about worldwide subscriptions and that will certainly have implications south of the border.

Not sure how any of that explains what happened prior to the game last night though.

It’s a lot, but it’s far from a majority that “sold football to Sky”.  

For example, there’s around 3.6 million millionaires in the UK. If you look at the crowd at Wimbledon - then look at the crowd at Wembley, you see a lot of the same faces in the good seats. :ph34r:

I’m not saying it’s right that folk stormed the venue, but I can relate to why it happened. There’s a growing feeling that the super rich (or someone who has a spare few hundred quid to blow) are the only ones allowed to watch a big game in a stadium. The Premier League is similar. Stolen from the poor, given to the rich. The Super League nonsense from a few months back was the perfect example of that!

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Ticket prices, through official channels......................not the black market prices you seem to have read about.

Ranging from £295 to £945

image.png.ddd01478d2c8e30b5feb28e411cd2a95.png

I’d say a minimum price of £295 qualifies as eye watering :lol: