Do you want England to win on Sunday?

Doakes

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

It’s a lot, but it’s far from a majority that “sold football to Sky”.  

For example, there’s around 3.6 million millionaires in the UK. If you look at the crowd at Wimbledon - then look at the crowd at Wembley, you see a lot of the same faces in the good seats. :ph34r:

I’m not saying it’s right that folk stormed the venue, but I can relate to why it happened. There’s a growing feeling that the super rich (or someone who has a spare few hundred quid to blow) are the only ones allowed to watch a big game in a stadium. The Premier League is similar. Stolen from the poor, given to the rich. The Super League nonsense from a few months back was the perfect example of that!

I’d say a minimum price of £295 qualifies as eye watering :lol: 

People stormed Wembley out of frustration that seats were being deliberately kept empty. I don't believe it had anything to do with match ticket prices. The mindset was "There's an empty seat. It's the Euros final. I'm having it."

BTW, 9 million is almost twice the population of Scotland and I'm pretty sure it's more than the weekly attendances at all senior football matches in the UK combined. I'm taking a wild stab at that last part but I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong. :lol:

Anyway, I'm not disagreeing about ticket prices in general.

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

It’s a lot, but it’s far from a majority that “sold football to Sky”.  

For example, there’s around 3.6 million millionaires in the UK. If you look at the crowd at Wimbledon - then look at the crowd at Wembley, you see a lot of the same faces in the good seats. :ph34r:

I’m not saying it’s right that folk stormed the venue, but I can relate to why it happened. There’s a growing feeling that the super rich (or someone who has a spare few hundred quid to blow) are the only ones allowed to watch a big game in a stadium. The Premier League is similar. Stolen from the poor, given to the rich. The Super League nonsense from a few months back was the perfect example of that!

I’d say a minimum price of £295 qualifies as eye watering :lol: 

For the final of the Euros I wouldn't. 

I am super rich right enough. 😂

37 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

For the final of the Euros I wouldn't. 

I am super rich right enough. 😂

Or you were until you paid for your "man cave" ...... that your wife will end up taking over in a few years time when, according to her, you don't make enough use of it.