St.Mirren v Aberdeen

FTOF

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:
4 hours ago, Clydebanksaint said:
Home game on the tellybox expect nothing less than 3 points from this, Saturday showed we are getting there might be taking longer than hoped but hopefully corner turned. Saints 3 (Brophy McGrath and Captain Fantastic) Aberdeen 1

It's on the tellybox but any idea if it will be on Saints PPV?

Season ticket holders who can't attend can watch for free on tv.stmirren.com. As the match is being shown live on Sky Sports, PPV is not available. 

13 minutes ago, God of war said:

There is zero atmosphere at Saint's home games!

The Northbank do a good job, but it's not enough. I think the atmosphere would improve if we were winning, of course.

Long term I think SMISA should financially support the Northbank, to cover costs of displays, and even safe standing. We need to be proactive here, and not just expect people to turn up and sing. Let's show the Northbank that they are valued and help them in any way we can. I would even go as far as subsidising their season tickets.

8 hours ago, W6er said:

The Northbank do a good job, but it's not enough. I think the atmosphere would improve if we were winning, of course.

Long term I think SMISA should financially support the Northbank, to cover costs of displays, and even safe standing. We need to be proactive here, and not just expect people to turn up and sing. Let's show the Northbank that they are valued and help them in any way we can. I would even go as far as subsidising their season tickets.

I’d like to see a way that those who can’t afford to come to games could be helped to attend, whether Northbank or otherwise.

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

I’d like to see a way that those who can’t afford to come to games could be helped to attend, whether Northbank or otherwise.

Motherwell ran a similar thing during the close season for those that couldn’t attend games not sure how many more fans it got them through the turnstiles but at least it got more through. 

If you are a member of SMISA you could suggest it to the committee.

3 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:
15 hours ago, W6er said:

He's no. :lol:

4 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:
17 hours ago, W6er said:

I am, and I received the email about the meeting next month. Unfortunately I can't attend. I also think we should offer discounts to the <23s and the unemployed. The problem is that administering these schemes could be costly. For example, how can one prove they're unemployed? Presumably a letter from the benefits agency, which would need to be checked. It could be run by volunteers who're SMISA members, though.

Basically, in order to fill our coffers, and our seats, we need to price discriminate as much as possible. But then how many of our supporters who;re earning a good wage will grumble about 'unemployed layabouts' getting cheaper seats? What realistically could someone receiving benefits afford?

For single households under 25, ESA will rise from £58.90 to £59.20. For those 25 or over, it will go up from £74.35 to £74.70

source: https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/2021-benefit-rates-pip-jobseekers-4851835

How much could someone living on £74.70 p/w pay? £12?

Also, I liked Hibs' idea of selling match bundles at a discount, instead of just a season ticket. They also have some sort of kids' club, I think the idea is that they pay something like £5 at the beginning of the season, and then attend the inferior games for £1. 

Edited by W6er

Also, I liked Hibs' idea of selling match bundles at a discount, instead of just a season ticket. They also have some sort of kids' club, I think the idea is that they pay something like £5 at the beginning of the season, and then attend the inferior games for £1. 
Some might say that if they can afford £12 (or any amount) to attend a football match then they are getting too much in benefits.

45 minutes ago, Slarti said:
3 hours ago, W6er said:

Some might say that if they can afford £12 (or any amount) to attend a football match then they are getting too much in benefits.

Oh, yes! I have heard statements such as "they should get just enough to sustain them, and no more", or "we should bring back the workhouses, and force them to use contraceptives."

Huxley, H.G. Wells, George Bernard Shaw and many others took things to the extreme, favouring eugenics. In fact if one understands how popular eugenics was prior to WWII then one might understand the scepticism surrounding the vaccine.

Anyway, I digress, my point is that we're a community club, owned by fans. Should we not help those unfortunate enough to need to claim benefits? Or should we continue to price them out? Lets show the town that we care. :)

11 minutes ago, W6er said:

Oh, yes! I have heard statements such as "they should get just enough to sustain them, and no more", or "we should bring back the workhouses, and force them to use contraceptives."

Huxley, H.G. Wells, George Bernard Shaw and many others took things to the extreme, favouring eugenics. In fact if one understands how popular eugenics was prior to WWII then one might understand the scepticism surrounding the vaccine.

Anyway, I digress, my point is that we're a community club, owned by fans. Should we not help those unfortunate enough to need to claim benefits? Or should we continue to price them out? Lets show the town that we care. :)

Unemployed and students already discounted @£12

How low do you want to go ?

On 9/19/2021 at 9:53 AM, shull said:

The shattering and breaking of Glass will hopefully continue next week.

Sweet Karma.

Serves him right for disgracing the Beautiful Game a few weeks ago by doing a Ross.

FECKEM.

SUPER SAINTS 4 ABERDEEN 0

Crowd prediction