St.Mirren v Aberdeen

FTOF

19 hours ago, W6er said:

I am, and I received the email about the meeting next month. Unfortunately I can't attend. I also think we should offer discounts to the <23s and the unemployed. The problem is that administering these schemes could be costly. For example, how can one prove they're unemployed? Presumably a letter from the benefits agency, which would need to be checked. It could be run by volunteers who're SMISA members, though.

Basically, in order to fill our coffers, and our seats, we need to price discriminate as much as possible. But then how many of our supporters who;re earning a good wage will grumble about 'unemployed layabouts' getting cheaper seats? What realistically could someone receiving benefits afford?

How much could someone living on £74.70 p/w pay? £12?

Also, I liked Hibs' idea of selling match bundles at a discount, instead of just a season ticket. They also have some sort of kids' club, I think the idea is that they pay something like £5 at the beginning of the season, and then attend the inferior games for £1. 

Well, as Donna Summer sang, she works hard for the money

Despite Aberdeen being on a stinking run of form they are still favourites, slightly surprised TBH.
image.thumb.png.b1e8ac075d79bfd1b053a1a6273ab21d.png
That's the bookies lack of knowledge of the Scottish game. In saying that, I think those odds are about right. We are historically a great side to play when an opponent is on a bad run. Aberdeen however are rotten with a rotten rookie manager. We can't win, but have been looking better. Draw it is then.

7 hours ago, scam75 said:
11 hours ago, faraway saint said:
Despite Aberdeen being on a stinking run of form they are still favourites, slightly surprised TBH.
image.thumb.png.b1e8ac075d79bfd1b053a1a6273ab21d.png

That's the bookies lack of knowledge of the Scottish game. In saying that, I think those odds are about right. We are historically a great side to play when an opponent is on a bad run. Aberdeen however are rotten with a rotten rookie manager. We can't win, but have been looking better. Draw it is then.

While we have had a good "three quarters of a game" against Hibs we have hardly been much better than rotten previously.

Taking all things into account a draw does look the most likely, 1-1 for me. 

40 minutes ago, Slash said:

Regarding entry to this match.

Has the club made an apology or explanation for the delays getting into the Dundee United game?

I find it incredible that something as simple as barcode technology which has been around for decades would cause so many delays. I never remember any such delays with Interstadia system in the previous 10years.

Like many others I missed the first 20minutes of the United game despite getting to the ground in plenty of time.

No doubt the club spokesman apologist will be along to defend the indefensible.

We have one more home game before the blue bigots arrive. Better get it fixed or there could be trouble outside if they don’t delay the kick off for the blue hordes.

Asked the SLO on his Facebook about access delay and scanning issues of the new tickets (Main Stand)

A reply from a Mr J Crawford suggested an loss of internet issue was the problem 

Maybe feedback will come later as there was another SLO/Club meeting yesterday... 

11 minutes ago, alanb said:

Asked the SLO on his Facebook about access delay and scanning issues of the new tickets (Main Stand)

A reply from a Mr J Crawford suggested an loss of internet issue was the problem 

Maybe feedback will come later as there was another SLO/Club meeting yesterday... 

Isn't it a better idea that someone, SLO or otherwise, made this clear to the support rather than an individual having to ask? 

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Isn't it a better idea that someone, SLO or otherwise, made this clear to the support rather than an individual having to ask? 

The SLO duo ask for feedback from fans to raise at meetings with club, then report back on social media

Not perfect but now better than the previous silence

Edited by alanb

1 minute ago, alanb said:

SLO duo ask for feedback from fans to raise at meetings with club, then report back on social media

Not perfect but now better than the previous silence

I agree it's better, any form of communication is an improvement but it's a reflection of the club bring out of touch if they need this issue to be raised when it's more than obvious that supporters were left outside for a considerable time. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

I agree it's better, any form of communication is an improvement but it's a reflection of the club bring out of touch if they need this issue to be raised when it's more than obvious that supporters were left outside for a considerable time. 

You cannot see the queues from the directors lounge or the big padded seats

In days gone by, a kick off could have been delayed (cash turnstiles ) but we are all pre-paid up front now, so the moneys in the bank

16 minutes ago, alanb said:

You cannot see the queues from the directors lounge or the big padded seats

In days gone by, a kick off could have been delayed (cash turnstiles ) but we are all pre-paid up front now, so the moneys in the bank

I wasn’t at the game but going by the pictures I’ve seen on various SM sites, I would think you could see the queues looking between West and south stands.

Also, isn’t that why we have a match day commander To ensure these things are monitored and acted upon  ?    Where was the communication between the senior stewards and the club officials. 

I agree that there may be an element of “ we’ve got their money - who cares ?”  To me it’s just  another example of a growing rift between the fans ( owners !). And the prawn sandwich brigade .

30 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I wasn’t at the game but going by the pictures I’ve seen on various SM sites, I would think you could see the queues looking between West and south stands.

Also, isn’t that why we have a match day commander To ensure these things are monitored and acted upon  ?    Where was the communication between the senior stewards and the club officials. 

I agree that there may be an element of “ we’ve got their money - who cares ?”  To me it’s just  another example of a growing rift between the fans ( owners !). And the prawn sandwich brigade .

Can only speak about main stand issues 

Long queue formed very quickly prior to 2:45 usual late rush but scanning issues made for delay, stewards very busy dealing with that,scanning tickets manually and still short in numbers required 

Hardly noticed any Police presence outside or inside 

I got in before kickoff and focus was on the pitch but could see no queue through the gap from my seat at rear of M7

SLO group doing all the heavy lifting handling the problems in communication still, which is unfair on them

Latest club recruitment highlights issues being slowly recognised 

The other SLO put out a post couple of hours before United match describing how best to scan your barcode via your phone.

I suggested that he shouldn't have to do this as Season tickets were promised to be all delivered by this match and from looking at social media & fans forums hundreds seemed to be still waiting including me his answer was I don't understand what your problem is plenty fans have theirs already.

I thought this was a pretty ridiculous answer.

As it turns out about 5 minutes to 3 all the stewards near the West Stand were telling fans not to use Season tickets to scan to use said barcode instead as Season tickets were failing to scan.

I fully expect the same issues on Sunday and the Club to ignore this shambles like they have ignored every other one off the pitch since the summer.

Just to add I have 4 season tickets 3 turned up about a week ago all wrong oh and still waiting on the 4th.

Will not be at this match but will be watching on Sky.
Difficult to call.
Would normally expect an away win in this fixture, but had recently been thinking optimistically that their poor form would allow us a chance of getting our first victory of the season however, with Hedges coming back, I think a point is the best we’ll get on Sunday - and our winless run will continue into October…