St.Mirren v Aberdeen

FTOF

Hayes booking was a clear red. Wasn’t totally convinced about the second booking that led to Aberdeen going down to ten and Collum is an erratic referee, but great display from us after this opportunity. Cannot remember the last time we handled playing against 10 so well and scored the goals required to win. We were well out of it before this change of fortunes. Great to get the win. Hopefully we can kick on.

Amazed by the lack of post match comment after a game like that.
Sunday afternoon on a sunny bank holiday weekend alot will most likely be in the pub. Unfortunately for me I'm not one of them I have to make do with a 10 hour nightshift hopefully the 2 Aberdeen fans are working tonight also.

Sunday afternoon on a sunny bank holiday weekend alot will most likely be in the pub. Unfortunately for me I'm not one of them I have to make do with a 10 hour nightshift hopefully the 2 Aberdeen fans are working tonight also.
The rain cometh unfortunately already here on the Ayrshire coast despite sitting basking in glorious sunshine with a beer just after arriving home.

1 hour ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Hayes booking was a clear red. Wasn’t totally convinced about the second booking that led to Aberdeen going down to ten and Collum is an erratic referee, but great display from us after this opportunity. Cannot remember the last time we handled playing against 10 so well and scored the goals required to win. We were well out of it before this change of fortunes. Great to get the win. Hopefully we can kick on.

That could have been a straight red on its own, sole of the boot right onto McGrath's ankle.

23 minutes ago, Bgsaint said:

Next person to say a team desperate to end a bad run just has to play us to get a win needs reminded of today’s result.  It often feels like we give teams a win to break their bad runs but every team (outside the old firm) thinks this, todays win shows it doesn’t always happen. 

1 win isn't going to change my fear when I hear the dreaded words of a reporter stating our opponents are in a bad run of form. 40 plus years watching the Mirren, lol 

Just happy I've got nothing to moan about tonight, lol

Good 2nd half performance again 10 men, moved the ball about well and used our spare man well

Biggest problem today was playing two defensive midfielders which simply doesn't work as they sit too deep leaving a huge gap in front and allowing little support to Brophy. I realise we were up against 10 men but taking Erhahon off meant more players in midfield where we could compete and support the strikers. Great result in the end though. Aberdeen should have been out of sight in the first half but we dominated the second. We finally played well against 10 men.

7 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
8 hours ago, antrin said:
About 6 yellows and 1 red - so far..

a minute of ET left.

Goodwin deserves some priase for this turnaround but the ref is shite.

FT

What decisions today were shite bar him issuing a yellow to Hayes rather than red. Got most things right.

Far too quick with cards.  If he’d been in real control of the players and the game, then there wouldn’t have been so many flying, ill-judged tackles and cheating aggression.

His ineffectual presence set the wrong tone so he was forced to resort to dishing out cards for everything.

the 2nd yellow for Jenny’s was not only soft, but wrong, I believe.

it turned the game.  I might be happy for how that helped Saints, but it was not helping a legitimate game of football.

12 minutes ago, antrin said:

Far too quick with cards.  If he’d been in real control of the players and the game, then there wouldn’t have been so many flying, ill-judged tackles and cheating aggression.

His ineffectual presence set the wrong tone so he was forced to resort to dishing out cards for everything.

the 2nd yellow for Jenny’s was not only soft, but wrong, I believe.t

it turned the game.  I might be happy for how that helped Saints, but it was not helping a legitimate game of football.

Whit… Did you no see it on Sportscene - he jumped on top of McGrath’s ankle - was lucky it wasn’t a straight red.