Stenhousemuir v St Mirren League Cup 20/7/21

I think some folk may have formed their view on Erhahon in the early stages of the game. At that point he was actually the one whose passing was poor and he was the one trying the spectacular passes and getting it horribly wrong.

I thought after about 15/20 minutes he started to find his range and came on to a good game.  
Also, throughout the game he was constantly looking for the ball and never tried to hide. As FTOF said though, this would probably be better measured against better opposition. 
Finally, I’m not normally one for making excuses, but I genuinely think you can’t overplay the state of the pitch. It clearly wasn’t conducive to any sort of passing football, meaning we often resorted to the ball over the top which isn’t really our game.

9 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

....and the personal abuse starts again!

So predictable.

Can't stand anyone disagreeing with you.

That isn't personal abuse, don't be ridiculous. 

It's you that hates disagreement with you, you're welcome to disagree with me, as I have said I don't care. You just won't change my opinion on the game last night. 👍

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

I'm maybe being a bit unfair with regards to Erhahon, as although he was solid, it was against bottom division opposition, and I would have liked him to have been more creative.

A lot of his end product was lacking in sufficient quality to trouble their defence. I do rate him, and I just think overall he needs to up the quality of certain aspects of his game to reach the level that would help him fulfil his potential.

Looking at our games so far, if he stays, I think he and Power will be the mainstay of our midfield. Maybe having Power next to him will provide a boot up the arse when he loses concentration.

Seemed to me like Erhahon was trying some new things last night, experimenting with outside of the foot passes, increasing his range of passing etc. Couple of mistakes but I'd rather he tried that against Stenhousemuir than against Premiership opposition

Thought he played well overall

I personally thought from maybe 10 minutes on in the game Erhahon had a good game as other have said he looked to be trying to add a few new strings to his bow. Some on here just want to deride the boy and thats just it in terms of football years he is still a boy still learning, for me he seems the type that needs someone else round him to help and ease pressures. Yet someone are very quick in pulling the trigger. He will get better as well as stronger bottom line for me he wears the stripes of St Mirren and gets all my support. According to some supporters we should be signing so called superstars what we have isnt great we are who we are and we are where we are in Scotland limited funds both pre and post covid we can only cut our cloth accordingly. I for one think we will have a good season. 

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

🤣

I must confess my jury isn’t too far away from returning a verdict on Brophy, but like most I suspect, I’m not finding it quite as funny as GoW.

What i find funny is how people thought this was a great signing, cracking player etc. Folk had obviously not watched him to see what Saints were getting. A guy who basically used to shoot wherever he got the ball. That is it....i don't see any link up play, any good runs, any winning the ball. I hope Brophy starts scoring and has a great career at Saints but at moment its tin-pot....

12 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

🤣

I must confess my jury isn’t too far away from returning a verdict on Brophy, but like most I suspect, I’m not finding it quite as funny as GoW.

He's played 158 minutes of competitive football since a serious injury and operation... 

Edited by bazil85

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

He's played 158 minutes of competitive football since a serious injury and operation... 

That stat becomes a bit meaningless though Bazil unless you link it to how many matches have been played since he became fit for duty again.
For example if that stat covered a match and half of football, then I’d have some sympathy with it. 
Whereas if it covered 7 matches where he kept getting hooked for being rubbish or not getting a start for looking rubbish in training, then it starts to have less meaning. I suspect neither of those two examples is the case with Brophy, but you’ll get my point. 
Either way, which ever way you cut it, Brophy needs to start producing something pretty soon if he wants to keep people off his back. 

31 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

That stat becomes a bit meaningless though Bazil unless you link it to how many matches have been played since he became fit for duty again.
For example if that stat covered a match and half of football, then I’d have some sympathy with it. 
Whereas if it covered 7 matches where he kept getting hooked for being rubbish or not getting a start for looking rubbish in training, then it starts to have less meaning. I suspect neither of those two examples is the case with Brophy, but you’ll get my point. 
Either way, which ever way you cut it, Brophy needs to start producing something pretty soon if he wants to keep people off his back. 

Maybe I have missed the count here, I am only counting four matches, two at the end of last season & two in the cup so far. The matches last season were more or less dead rubber & he was given runs out to get his fitness IMO. 

The other two, not really much time last night & first competitive match of pre-season against Dunfermline. I personally think it’s madness to be getting ready to judge a player who’s probably not ready for 90 minutes yet after a long injury layoff, especially when few players have set the cup games on fire so far. But hey ho. 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Maybe I have missed the count here, I am only counting four matches, two at the end of last season & two in the cup so far. The matches last season were more or less dead rubber & he was given runs out to get his fitness IMO. 

The other two, not really much time last night & first competitive match of pre-season against Dunfermline. I personally think it’s madness to be getting ready to judge a player who’s probably not ready for 90 minutes yet after a long injury layoff, especially when few players have set the cup games on fire so far. But hey ho. 

He was in the squad for the last 3 games of last season. He came on as a sub in the first, didn’t come off the bench in the second and started the last being subbed after 56 minutes.
Also whatever way you cut it we’ve played 5 games this season. 
He scored against Linfield and Annan.

He’ll need to start doing more soon. That’s all I’m saying. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

He was in the squad for the last 3 games of last season. He came on as a sub in the first, didn’t come off the bench in the second and started the last being subbed after 56 minutes.
Also whatever way you cut it we’ve played 5 games this season. 
He scored against Linfield and Annan.

He’ll need to start doing more soon. That’s all I’m saying. 

He was only in the squad 2 out of the last 3 because one was against Killie (parent club). 
He will of course need to deliver, I just think it’s jumping the gun people getting ready to judge a player already this season, especially one with such an injury related lay-off. 

10 hours ago, bazil85 said:

He was only in the squad 2 out of the last 3 because one was against Killie (parent club). 
He will of course need to deliver, I just think it’s jumping the gun people getting ready to judge a player already this season, especially one with such an injury related lay-off. 

Our fans are really bad for it.

Obika got similar treatment at the start after it took him about 9 or 10 games to find his feet.

54 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Our fans are really bad for it.

Obika got similar treatment at the start after it took him about 9 or 10 games to find his feet.

Yeah agreed, it can be really unfounded I’m always one for giving players time.

In saying that, we also have fans that mix up criticism and abuse, which often blows the posts way out of proportion. 

Yeah agreed, it can be really unfounded I’m always one for giving players time.

In saying that, we also have fans that mix up criticism and abuse, which often blows the posts way out of proportion. 
What would you class the following quote as?

"For me, sadly Erwin has been a massive let down bar a few flash in the pan moments (not even performances, movements for me) but more often than not he's been a liability."

27 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

What would you class the following quote as?

"For me, sadly Erwin has been a massive let down bar a few flash in the pan moments (not even performances, movements for me) but more often than not he's been a liability."

Criticism of him not meeting standards. If you think it's abuse "to treat with cruelty or violence, especially regularly or repeatedly" I would say you need to have a word with yourself. 

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

That explains a lot. emoji850.png

It explains you don't understand the difference between criticism and abuse. By your standards, practically anything less than positive said about a footballer is abuse, calm down. 

8 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji41.png

By you  snowflake standards, assume all the below are "abuse" and that's just from one section of one thread. Double standards noted. 😁

“I'm probably only saying this as it is you as opposed to the fact you are talking nonsense!

“Go on... Have your coveted last word, even if it simply highlights your stupidity!

“The narcissist has had the last word and I won't respond to his infantile neediness

By you  snowflake standards, assume all the below are "abuse" and that's just from one section of one thread. Double standards noted. 
“I'm probably only saying this as it is you as opposed to the fact you are talking nonsense!
“Go on... Have your coveted last word, even if it simply highlights your stupidity!
“The narcissist has had the last word and I won't respond to his infantile neediness
That, my dear narcissist, was perfectly warranted abuse!

I don't claim to support you.

You claim to support St Mirren, and by default, the players the manager selects to represent it.

That includes the player you continually abuse!

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

That, my dear narcissist, was perfectly warranted abuse!

I don't claim to support you.

You claim to support St Mirren, and by default, the players the manager selects to represent it.

That includes the player you continually abuse! emoji41.png

So we agree, double standards. I would personally say, abuse is never warranted on this platform hence why I don't do it. 

Supporting a club does not mean zero criticism of under-performers. That's my opinion, you don't need to share it but I won't change it. Unlike you I am happy for people to have different opinions to me. :whistle

We've established you don't understand what abuse is by using definitions. :)