St Mirren v Partick Thistle League Cup 25/7/21

3 minutes ago, munoz said:

Aye, not the best. There's going to be alot of disappointed people. 

If I don’t get picked I’ll have missed 2 home games but managed 2 away games including a game in a diff country😂 strange times

Just now, mattman said:

If I don’t get picked I’ll have missed 2 home games but managed 2 away games including a game in a diff country😂 strange times

Just got to hope it increases to a decent amount by the time our friends from Edinburgh arrive in town.

1,039 fans allowed to attend, what an utter shambles

That’s a disgrace - I thought there would be 2000 (more if we applied to council) with the new rules - what an absolute farce!!

How come Celtic can get 1/4 of their capacity and we get 1/8th - just doesn’t make sense…

1 metre spacing in 3 stands.
But if the club was "organised" and actually knew it's Season Ticket holders, it could easily arrange for family groups from the one bubble to sit together.

As it is, some people will car share to get to the match and then have to sit apart outdoors!

With proper management of the situation, I don't see why we couldn't have had 2,000 there.

Social distancing is an easy excuse!

18 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Maybe we should build a 60000 all seater stadia, just nuke Fergie Park- Plenty of space and lovely motorway access

Come on Tony think BIG :whistle

Maybe 60,000 is stretching it a bit, but, on the other hand, an 8,000 capacity stadium is certainly not a case of 'thinking big' for an SPL club.

But if the club was "organised" and actually knew it's Season Ticket holders, it could easily arrange for family groups from the one bubble to sit together.

As it is, some people will car share to get to the match and then have to sit apart outdoors!

With proper management of the situation, I don't see why we couldn't have had 2,000 there.

Social distancing is an easy excuse!
All clubs that I know of are having a gradule increase in attendances so that the correct procedures are in place.

Think it was 50% of the crowd that could be 1mt socially distanced for the 1st game then increasing. With clubs that could have a crowd of larger than 2000 at the socially distanced they had to apply to the local authorities for permission.

22 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Maybe 60,000 is stretching it a bit, but, on the other hand, an 8,000 capacity stadium is certainly not a case of 'thinking big' for an SPL club.

It's called "thinking sensibly".

If we had built a 10,000 seater It would just have meant more empty seats and a bigger financial outlay for ground upkeep.

The ground size is absolutely fine for our current requirements. In the unlikely event of us becoming become top six regulars,  we could fill in the corners, if we needed to.

1 hour ago, RichardBuddie said:

Good point this - why not put the press at the side of the pitch, corners or even the away end - get more paying fans in?

We can put the Subs next to them

1 hour ago, RichardBuddie said:

Good point this - why not put the press at the side of the pitch, corners or even the away end - get more paying fans in?

They have special seats with desks, power and internet I believe. Freeloading bastards. Make them pay to get in.

I’m gonna ask Div if I can report on behalf of BAWA. Then I will cut the power and Internet for all the other free loaders. 

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

Social distancing is an easy excuse! emoji850.png

It’s not as if they have had no time to plan for this scenario. Like others I’ve emailed the club on a couple of occasions recently and received no response. It’s got to the stage I cannot be arsed anymore.

I even brought up some issues at the AGM that were poorly dealt with.

One related to the fact that “foreign” fans get SMTV access to ALL home and ALL away fixtures for less than half the price of a early bird Season ticket holder. 

3 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Social distancing is an easy excuse! emoji850.png

Wasn't much social distancing in evidence at Stenny.  As you say, its an easy excuse.

We had 10,000 a game in old First Division, and some great crowds in 2017-18

If, and its a big if, we can push on this season to being a top 6 club then , built it and they will come

Anyone remember the figure of capacity for filling in the corners ? 

PS We need to be better than Well, Livi, Utd, Dundee, Fakes and County to be top 6.... is that not doable with our present squad ?

Uglies, Hibs, Dons will be top 4 so rest is up for grabs

5 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

We had 10,000 a game in old First Division, and some great crowds in 2017-18

If, and its a big if, we can push on this season to being a top 6 club then , built it and they will come

Anyone remember the figure of capacity for filling in the corners ? 

PS We need to be better than Well, Livi, Utd, Dundee, Fakes and County to be top 6.... is that not doable with our present squad ?

Uglies, Hibs, Dons will be top 4 so rest is up for grabs

That was then etc.

As I recall we've only filled the current ground once, the Dundee United play off?

What we have is, almost certainly, more than big enough as it's hardly close to capacity for the majority of games.