St Mirren v Partick Thistle League Cup 25/7/21

I don't think being seeded is guaranteed yet. 
If Hearts win 2-0 they will jump above us as seeds.
Hearts win by 1 goal they are 12 points +8 Goals,
Dundee Utd 12 points +8 Goals
St Mirren 12 Points +8 Goals,
Dundee guaranteed 1 seeded place, Hearts i fully expect to win by 2 to get 2nd seeded place, leaves St Mirren and Dundee United with exactly same points, goal difference and goals scored who gets the 3rd seeded place???

6 minutes ago, antrin said:

The players and the tv people seem to think that it is.

I think they are wrong. I was surprised with the commentators not thinking about Hearts.

Just found this on the BBC aswell.

The draw follows the match at Tynecastle and Robbie Neilson's side could beat St Mirren to one of the seeded slots if they defeat Billy Dodds' side.

Scotland's European football representatives - Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibernian, Rangers and St Johnstone - enter in the second round and are seeded along with the three best group winners.

Dundee, Dundee United and St Mirren all sit on maximum points from the group stage, but the two Dundee sides have a better goal difference than the Buddies.

A win by two goals or more for Hearts would take them on to 12 points and with a better goal difference than St Mirren.

2 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Aye - looking at the table we have an identical record with United down to goals scored - how do they split it after that ?

If Hearts end up seeded, either us or United won't be.

I read somewhere if records are identical , then goals away from home decides it !

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Dundee guaranteed 1 seeded place, Hearts i fully expect to win by 2 to get 2nd seeded place, leaves St Mirren and Dundee United with exactly same points, goal difference and goals scored who gets the 3rd seeded place???

We do !

2 minutes ago, billyg said:

I read somewhere if records are identical , then goals away from home decides it !

BBC have just updated their page............................

And the late goal ensured Jim Goodwin's side will be seeded in the draw.

Scotland's European football representatives - Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibernian, Rangers and St Johnstone - enter in the second round and are seeded along with the three best group winners.

Dundee, Dundee United and St Mirren all sit on maximum points from the group stage, but Dundee have the best goal difference and St Mirren have scored more away goals than United.

3 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

I think they are wrong. I was surprised with the commentators not thinking about Hearts.

Just found this on the BBC aswell.

The draw follows the match at Tynecastle and Robbie Neilson's side could beat St Mirren to one of the seeded slots if they defeat Billy Dodds' side.

Dundee, Dundee United and St Mirren all sit on maximum points from the group stage, but the two Dundee sides have a better goal difference than the Buddies.

A win by two goals or more for Hearts would take them on to 12 points and with a better goal difference than St Mirren.

BBC talks pish !

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

We do its been said prior to kick off and after it no mention of what hearts or utd do we are seededend of

36 minutes ago, elvis said:

f**king goal has to be as wide as the pitch before we would score.

Did they bring the big goalposts on as a sub?

Edited by HSS

We do its been said prior to kick off and after it no mention of what hearts or utd do we are seededend of
Yeah see Billyg says it comes down to away goals a bit shit for Utd if I'm honest as away goals are ditched from every other competition now.

35 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

We do on away goals scored with 6 vs their 2 

If I was a United fan I'd be raging that our three COVID goals count - I wonder how many we would have scored if the game had been played.

Fortunately I'm not a United fan - so I'm delighted!
They 3 away goals at Dumbarton came in handy!!
United only had two 1-0 victories away so even if we beat Dumbarton 1-0 our 3 at Stenhousemuir would have beat them 4-2 on away goals, Still shitty way to drop into unseeded place.

11 minutes ago, Ronnie said:
34 minutes ago, Clydebanksaint said:

Yeah see Billyg says it comes down to away goals a bit shit for Utd if I'm honest as away goals are ditched from every other competition now.

It’s the fourth way of separating teams after points, GD, GF. There has to be multiple ways to separate teams in such few game group stages. Surely a much fairer way than any other separator? 

United would have went out to us given practically any separating mechanism I can think of bar the alphabet 😂

Edited by bazil85

United only had two 1-0 victories away so even if we beat Dumbarton 1-0 our 3 at Stenhousemuir would have beat them 4-2 on away goals, Still shitty way to drop into unseeded place.
If we had only beaten them 1-0 then we would have had a different overall total.