The Olympics

ICC

Ben Whittaker lost in the final of the light heavyweight, beaten by the better fighter.

I've watched a few of his fights, enjoyed his style and had a swagger about him however his lack of class has slightly taken the shine off winning a silver medal.

Didn't exchange any congratulations with the winner after the fight and didn't even put his medal on at the presentation.

I understand fully the disappointment, but you should maintain a level of respect. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Ben Whittaker lost in the final of the light heavyweight, beaten by the better fighter.

I've watched a few of his fights, enjoyed his style and had a swagger about him however his lack of class has slightly taken the shine off winning a silver medal.

Didn't exchange any congratulations with the winner after the fight and didn't even put his medal on at the presentation.

I understand fully the disappointment, but you should maintain a level of respect. 

Couldnie get it over his head, especially after see how Jack Laughter embraced his Bronze Medal and others happy to win any sort of medal.

Indeed, the smile on this girls face for a bronze, lit up my morning.
image.jpeg.892373f2002891a23ca29fbbbe6f1737.jpeg
Amazing.
Mature way beyond her tender years.
First one to genuinely comfort rivals after a fall and to congratulate rivals after a great performance.

The camaraderie in skateboarding is something other sports can learn from.

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

Amazing.
Mature way beyond her tender years.
First one to genuinely comfort rivals after a fall and to congratulate rivals after a great performance.

The camaraderie in skateboarding is something other sports can learn from.

I've watched a fair bit of the Olympics Coverage so far BinEk and one of the things that has impressed me most is the support and camaraderie that seems to exist in the less "elite" sports.....the encouragement and goodwill between athletes while watching the high jump, long jump and triple jump was fantastic. While watching their rivals compete the majority of the athletes were partaking in the rhythmic clapping that seems to go with these events in the absence of spectators, it was good to see.