Dundee v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 31/7/21

On 7/30/2021 at 9:12 AM, Doakes said:

Bit shite not getting to go to the opening game, would have loved a trip to Dundee :( 

Think Dundee have an underrated squad so won't be an easy game, hopefully we edge it

Their defence stayed solid when down to 10 men.

Saints never even created 1 shooting chance.  :(

They’ll be happier with that result than smfc.

or me.  :angry:

15 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

It’s got to be said. We are STILL f**king hopeless up front. Nothing has changed.

2 points dropped. No other way to look at this.

5 shots on target, 2 goals, not too shabby TBH.

I only seen about 15-20 mins, so not for me to say much more than it looked a decent game and I suppose both teams could feel they deserved more.

Today just showed we are short of some decent quality. We've not replaced the standard of Durmas or the pace of Connolly. 

Long ball football or hopeful crosses into the box isn't the way forward. 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

5 shots on target, 2 goals, not too shabby TBH.

I only seen about 15-20 mins, so not for me to say much more than it looked a decent game and I suppose both teams could feel they deserved more.

I honestly think if you’d seen the whole fame mate, you’d have a different perspective on those stats 

2 minutes ago, billyg said:

Dundee will take a few trouncings this season with that squad , poor performance and result for us !

On that evidence so will we, every time both teams went up park defences were all over the place. 

Feel sorry for McCarthy. He is so dependable and misses out. Henderson is quality but is not quite ready to play each week. We will improve but still feel we are 2 players with pace short. Main had a good game just wish he was more clinical

Main is (as we knew) a terrible finisher, but he earns his place with his work rate, nuisance value and assists. I think it’s time Dennis got a proper run of games to see what he can do. A proper chance like others have had. I’ve no idea if he’s capable of being the answer or not, but we’ll never know if he keeps just getting bit part appearances. 

In the end a poor day at the office.

Thought Brophy and Main linked well, but the curse of not taking our chances continues.

Disappointed with the tactics when they went down to ten men. Their two gigantor CH's were playing out of their skins. So what do we do? We lump high ball after high ball into the box.

Thought the defence looked shaky at times.

Erhahon played well in the second half.

Stone wall penalty.

We'll need to be considerably better next week.

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Dundee will take a few trouncings this season with that squad , poor performance and result for us !

I'm convinced that we've been very unlucky to have been given our opening two fixtures against the two promoted teams. At this stage of the season they are both on a high with a determination to get points on the board. A few games into the season, after a couple of duff results, they will both be less aggressive and much more vulnerable. Dundee will indeed take a few hammerings before Christmas, but alas not today.

Onwards and upwards. 

COYS.

Don't think Henderson is ready to be a first pick. More of an option off the bench.

Let's hope whoever we're after has pace and can play right wing back. 

With a quicker, better quality RWB, we'd have won today.

And get McCarthy back in defence, while we're at it.