Has the use of social media damaged education standards?

ALBIONSAINT

Is anyone else noticing that the media in general are having to explain simple language and concepts in great detail? The headline below is a good example, cower! Are you having a laugh? Could it be the use of emojis and acronyms which are widely used in social media that is causing this decline in educational standards? 

4CCA7C65-3E27-4B82-8A13-3FD8EC43D971.jpeg

4 hours ago, guinness said:

Part of the problem lies with newspapers doing away with sub editors. The number of spelling and grammatical errors in newspapers now is incredible.

Also on their websites, BBC especially is terrible 

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's just adding to the mess made by successive governments. As I'm approaching my 7 score years I never went to nursery school.  However, a bevy of aunties made sure I could read, count and tell the time before I went to school.

Nowadays, there are more people leaving primary school semi-illiterate than in my day.

The real problem with social media is its use by people who use it as tool to harm others.  The mental health of children and teenagers is suffering in ways never seen before.  Tracking down cyber bullies is way beyond the ken of most schools. Before social media bullies and morons stood out for most to see.  Shut them down until they police their money grabbing sites properly.

Old git rant over. 🤬

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2021 at 4:52 PM, rabuddies said:

I think it's just adding to the mess made by successive governments. As I'm approaching my 7 score years I never went to nursery school.  However, a bevy of aunties made sure I could read, count and tell the time before I went to school.

Nowadays, there are more people leaving primary school semi-illiterate than in my day.

The real problem with social media is its use by people who use it as tool to harm others.  The mental health of children and teenagers is suffering in ways never seen before.  Tracking down cyber bullies is way beyond the ken of most schools. Before social media bullies and morons stood out for most to see.  Shut them down until they police their money grabbing sites properly.

Old git rant over. 🤬

What are you, that subtly influenced. For example, I used to do my homework after school, write essays, study poetry, read books, and then play with friends. And now children are sitting only on phones and that's it.

I think that you can use a professional firm in order to write an essay. I am currently using " do my calculus homework for me" which is a pretty good opportunity to write only high quality essay when you are studying in college. I think that it can be a pretty good help if you want to overcome more problems with writing.
Not the best example of someone using that link - mind you, once again, judging by this post anyway, it looks like more than a few on here have made use of that linky thingmy to 'improve' their written English skills...

[emoji846]

Agree

On 8/27/2021 at 4:53 PM, petercrauch54 said:

What are you, that subtly influenced. For example, I used to do my homework after school, write essays, study poetry, read books, and then play with friends. And now children are sitting only on phones and that's it.

Edited by bentracher5

I agree with everything that is said above, now everything is different before we wrote an essay, but now it can be found on the Internet and only time will tell what will happen next. And now children are sitting only on phones and that's it. Even to take an example from school, we read William Shakespeare, for example, Macbeth, and now this is not. It's good that there is a helpful site with limitless information. Where to find an essay is very simple. At least here children can read something and learn something.

This is just getting silly now@Div

On 8/30/2021 at 7:01 AM, salmonbuddie said:

Not the best example of someone using that link - mind you, once again, judging by this post anyway, it looks like more than a few on here have made use of that linky thingmy to 'improve' their written English skills...

emoji846.png

It seems @div isn't bothered about this shit on the forum.

Ach well. 

On 8/29/2021 at 3:26 PM, terry12 said:
I think that you can use a professional firm in order to write an essay. I am currently using " do my calculus homework for me" which is a pretty good opportunity to write only high quality essay when you are studying in college. I think that it can be a pretty good help if you want to overcome more problems with writing.

Here was me thinking social media was to blame for dropping education standards.

• 2 months later...

Writing papers based on competitive research is not easy for everyone. Thus, the need for essay writing services takes place. If you are a US student, you must know about essay writing in the United States to make your work easier. However, the number of websites offering essay writing services is increasing day by day, which makes it difficult for people to choose the best one. Best services:

research paper writers online

• 3 months later...