Livingston v St Mirren League Cup

shull

16 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Knickerwetters out in mid August 😄 Man up FFS

My knickers are bone dry thanks, I was only pointing out that on the back of an average season, that it may have been more prudent not to reward the manager with such a lucrative contract.

He is still a young manager learning his trade, so do not understand why he was rewarded so handsomely by our club.

I only know this information because our CEO couldn't wait to tell the world that this was the case when the manager signed a new deal.

Maybe there are some lessons to be learned by the CEO, or did he think a bigger club was poised to come in and steal him?

28 minutes ago, party politics said:

My knickers are bone dry thanks, I was only pointing out that on the back of an average season, that it may have been more prudent not to reward the manager with such a lucrative contract.

He is still a young manager learning his trade, so do not understand why he was rewarded so handsomely by our club.

I only know this information because our CEO couldn't wait to tell the world that this was the case when the manager signed a new deal.

Maybe there are some lessons to be learned by the CEO, or did he think a bigger club was poised to come in and steal him?

I'm not Goodwins biggest fan but that's utter drivel.

Maybe you're suffering from amnesia, I can't be arsed running off last season's FACTS but last season was far from average for St Mirren. 

As I have been saying for weeks the tactics are killing us. This reliance on the wing backs to get quick high balls into the box for two wee strikers who rarely cleanly win a header simply ain't working. The back 3 punt the ball up the channels to the wing back (we only have Tanser in reality) who gets crosses in that are never won and Kiltie and McGrath are supposed to play high up to pick up the second ball. The leaves a huge void in the middle of the park for the opposition to control the game. And not only that, we are bypassing our best player in McGrath by not playing on the deck through the middle. The tactics are shite to watch and we do not have the personnel to execute them anyway. We are now watching hoofball. However to be fair we started playing through the middle more in the second half with McGrath dropping deeper and looked better for it.

The only positive I can take out of today is the long awaited return of McCarthy. Let's hope Jim comes out his blinkered trance and keeps him in the team.

Play that formation next week and it will be double figures against.

54 minutes ago, party politics said:

An average season ?.... were you born in 1877? I think you will find in our 144 year history 7th in top league and 2 semi finals beating OF and Dons is very above average.... we need consitency at the helm and like all other provincial clubs that means ups and downs.... League Cup away on that shit pitch...big deal.... oh and celts will cuff us so expect another defeat...Goodwin is a cup winning Saint who has a great record with us.... so enjoy the ride