The capacity debacle

7 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
1 hour ago, stlucifer said:
IF Saint Mirren had managed to get more than the 1035 v PT at £12.00 a pop requiring more staff to police things then they would have had to have the same arrangements for a game where they would be getting nothing extra. And for further games until all restrictions are lifted. They have our cash. Turkey's don't vote for Christmas. I believe the reduced numbers suited the club in the longer term so they had no reason to question the decision.

If so, does that not smack of "screw the fans"?

That's precisely what I was getting at. It is pure conjecture but it does seem logical to me and, yes, it would be very cynical on the part of the club. As long as it's not proven and a backlash ensued it would save them a few bob. The longer the limitations go on the less they would want to increase the crowd levels.

Danny Lennon... Right or wrong? Description of situation?
Contract not renewed. Not a sacking, dismissal or redundancy.

In my opinion he should have been offered another contract but it wasn't my decision. Depends what you mean by "right or wrong". In a football sense? In a "nice thing to do" sense? Something else?

4 minutes ago, Slarti said:

In my opinion he should have been offered another contract but it wasn't my decision. Depends what you mean by "right or wrong". In a football sense? In a "nice thing to do" sense? Something else?

Given what transpired and who the club chose to succeed him, it was definitely in the WRONG category to have not re-signed him from a purely football point of view..

Great answer.

Just hilighting that employers nowadays make decisions that suit them then dress them up to suit... and avoid countersuit! [emoji12]

I conceded the sacked term technically being legal. Sacked in the dictionary means being dismissed.
Citizen Advice “Being sacked from your job can come as a huge shock and it often feels unfair. The legal term for being sacked is ‘dismissal’
When you are made redundant you are dismissed from your employment.
I agree the term sacked and dismissed tends to be used for a misdemeanour. However the legal letters that i have seen advise of a redundancy meaning a dismissal.
ACAS state that a dismissal could be a redundancy 
I’m also out
As I've previously agreed, dismissed can cover many things. Legally sacked equals dismissed, redundancy equals dismissed, etc. However, dismissed does not necessarily equal sacked. It's like all pigeons are birds but not all birds are pigeons.

Their chief executive stated they hope to have 6500 in an interview on SKY.
I misread their website post which was shared on Facebook yesterday, 4500 home fans plus 2000 Away fans.

I initially thought it was 4500 in total.

A little birdie told me today that if we are only allowed 1035 then the tickets will be offered to SMiSA members first as a celebration of todays takeover 😵

Touchpaper lit,now retreating a safe distance to watch the effects 🎇🎆

Edited by HSS

16 hours ago, HSS said:

A little birdie told me today that if we are only allowed 1035 then the tickets will be offered to SMiSA members first as a celebration of todays takeover 😵

Touchpaper lit,now retreating a safe distance to watch the effects 🎇🎆

Also heard that as season tickets are not available you will get in with your SMISA membership card. A free drink also from the supporters bar. At final whistle they have organised a social distanced conga around the park

7 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Also heard that as season tickets are not available you will get in with your SMISA membership card. A free drink also from the supporters bar. At final whistle they have organised a social distanced conga around the park

If this is for every home game I'm in. 👍

43 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Don’t know where you heard that but it’s wrong…………it’s the Hokey Cokey that’s been planned