The capacity debacle

45 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I don’t ‘completely ignore’ and I do see why it’s frustrating & disappointing. It’s hardly end of days though & everything is wrong at the club as some people’s posts would lead you to believe. 

I also think it’s extremely unfair for such attacks on a new board structure. I have milk in the fridge that’s been in place longer. 

Clubs & companies our size will always be work in progress, looking to improve. We aren’t out of step with other clubs in the country, in fact I would say we’re one of the best run in Scotland, all things considered. 

Criticism and question of an organisation from within is the only way you'll ever truly progress.

If I was in the position of being a board member, I'd be expecting fans contacting me every day to be asking how well improve, why certain things are happening, why others aren't. The only way you'll improve is from these questions and feedback from within. This attitude of cutting slack when things go wrong is a clear indicator that folk are happy to go with it.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I said "ALMOST" completely ignore and I don't think anyone is saying the club/board hasn't had considerable success over the last few years. 

The recent issues are frustrating right enough, so much so it's costing the club money in lost season ticket sales.

THIS is exactly the time the club should be on top of these issues after the last season when many might have been teetering on buying a season ticket. 

Time you cleaned out your fridge, must be stinking. 

Mitigating circumstances in season ticket sales in the migration to a new system, which by the way seems to follow significant fan feedback on how poor the old system was. 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

It’s disappointing how for some, a few points of frustration (all temporary & mainly with mitigating circumstances)can undo all the good the BOD have done for the club over the last few years. 

Brazil the Club Champion. We are not allowed an opinion.

Businesses that live on the past live in the past.

The opening of the stadium should have been getting planned from the day it closed. Not now

The season tickets change over should have sorted out this time last year. Not no

The strip sponsor deal should have been tied up this time last year or at the least January. No now

The new Chairman’s first statement should have been to take some responsibility and not put the blame on others

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Criticism and question of an organisation from within is the only way you'll ever truly progress.

If I was in the position of being a board member, I'd be expecting fans contacting me every day to be asking how well improve, why certain things are happening, why others aren't. The only way you'll improve is from these questions and feedback from within. This attitude of cutting slack when things go wrong is a clear indicator that folk are happy to go with it.

I understand that but there’s a difference between criticism/ constructive feedback & our football club being on fire. 

Just now, Brilliant Disguise said:

Brazil the Club Champion. We are not allowed an opinion.

Businesses that live on the past live in the past.

The opening of the stadium should have been getting planned from the day it closed. Not now

The season tickets change over should have sorted out this time last year. Not no

The strip sponsor deal should have been tied up this time last year or at the least January. No now

The new Chairman’s first statement should have been to take some responsibility and not put the blame on others

Of course you’re allowed an opinion, as I’m allowed mine. 

So literally days remember from a brand new ownership structure… 

It has been. 

I agree this has been a let down, as I said it’s frustrating. 

Mitigating circumstances seemingly outside clubs control. 

I was quite happy with the statement, he’s just new in the role. Personal opinion as you say. 

1 hour ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

he opening of the stadium should have been getting planned from the day it closed. Not now

While I understand people are upset I cannot agree with your three points unless you can show me something I don't know/haven't seen

Point 1 - rules change all the time in fact he even states that on the 9th the rules will change again so how do you expect them to have been planning for months???

Point 2 - The club have said they started planning as soon as they found out the previous supplier was going to go out of business, takes time for that sort of thing

Point 3 - As far as I understand it Skyview came in very close to season start and demanded much more than any team could be willing to give so the sponsor had to be changed and has been very quickly.

So I get it that people are not happy the 3 things you said make no sense unless as I say I have missed some news of them dicking around instead of trying to resolve. 

The thing I understand people being most upset about is the season tickets as it has taken a long time to resolve, I guess the unknown variable is how many staff Saints have been able to throw at it along with everything else as we are only a small club.

SS

5 hours ago, Swiss_Saint said:

While I understand people are upset I cannot agree with your three points unless you can show me something I don't know/haven't seen

Point 1 - rules change all the time in fact he even states that on the 9th the rules will change again so how do you expect them to have been planning for months???

Point 2 - The club have said they started planning as soon as they found out the previous supplier was going to go out of business, takes time for that sort of thing

Point 3 - As far as I understand it Skyview came in very close to season start and demanded much more than any team could be willing to give so the sponsor had to be changed and has been very quickly.

So I get it that people are not happy the 3 things you said make no sense unless as I say I have missed some news of them dicking around instead of trying to resolve. 

The thing I understand people being most upset about is the season tickets as it has taken a long time to resolve, I guess the unknown variable is how many staff Saints have been able to throw at it along with everything else as we are only a small club.

SS

The Covid rules change all the time. Dates move, capacity changes. Bars and Restaurants have been living with these constant changes throughout the pandemic. The difference with them is they have plans in place to cater for changes. If your hopeful that the 9th is freedom day then prepare yourself for the worst.

Point 2- We have never been informed that the previous ticket company went bust. If so when di this occur. Also it was sold to the fans that it was a change of direction. What was the name of the previous company.

Point 3 What was in Skyviews contract that allowed them to come in and make late demands.

To have all three issues occur at the same time is pure coincidence. I don’t believe in coincidences, especially when the three points are about management.

7 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Of course you’re allowed an opinion, as I’m allowed mine. 

So literally days remember from a brand new ownership structure… 

It has been. 

I agree this has been a let down, as I said it’s frustrating. 

Mitigating circumstances seemingly outside clubs control. 

I was quite happy with the statement, he’s just new in the role. Personal opinion as you say. 

The statement from RDC infers that the club did not ask the correct questions on capacity.

Where are these mitigating circumstances

1 hour ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

The statement from RDC infers that the club did not ask the correct questions on capacity.

Where are these mitigating circumstances

I am quite happy with the statement on capacity, I understand others won’t be. 

what subject? 

- system migration 

- pandemic 

- sponsor change in approach 

- change in ownership 

- change in BOD 

2 hours ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

The Covid rules change all the time. Dates move, capacity changes. Bars and Restaurants have been living with these constant changes throughout the pandemic. The difference with them is they have plans in place to cater for changes. If your hopeful that the 9th is freedom day then prepare yourself for the worst.

Point 2- We have never been informed that the previous ticket company went bust. If so when di this occur. Also it was sold to the fans that it was a change of direction. What was the name of the previous company.

Point 3 What was in Skyviews contract that allowed them to come in and make late demands.

Point 1 They have a plan in place you just dont like it, they say they have pushed to try and get more fans in and I believe them.

Point 2 No idea as I dont work for the club, have a look around yourself , I was guessing they were going bust due to this from Tony "Due to circumstances out with our control with our previous provider we have not been able to have season tickets on sale up until now. 

Point 3 You seem to think I have some sort of inside track on this but I know as much as any other non employee of SMFC. I am only going on rumour same as the rest.

You don't believe in coincidence, well great for you. Luckily I am a glass half full sort so will take their word for it and am I am sure a more chilled and less stressed person for it.

1 hour ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Point 1 They have a plan in place you just dont like it, they say they have pushed to try and get more fans in and I believe them.

Point 2 No idea as I dont work for the club, have a look around yourself , I was guessing they were going bust due to this from Tony "Due to circumstances out with our control with our previous provider we have not been able to have season tickets on sale up until now. 

Point 3 You seem to think I have some sort of inside track on this but I know as much as any other non employee of SMFC. I am only going on rumour same as the rest.

You don't believe in coincidence, well great for you. Luckily I am a glass half full sort so will take their word for it and am I am sure a more chilled and less stressed person for it.

Life is all about coincidences (unless, of course, everything is predetermined due to the initial state of the universe/multiverse, but that's  a different argument),  so for someone to say that they don't believe in them is ridiculous.

27 minutes ago, Hendo said:

So yesterday, even outwith the SPL, Thistle, Raith and even Kelty Hearts housed bigger crowds than we will next weekend.

That is embarrassing. If there isnt an application this week to increase numbers the board should resign.

No debacle here, Saints are following council and government guidelines. You knew excactly what situation was if you were foolish enough to buy a season ticket so stop fecking GREETING!

14 minutes ago, God of war said:

No debacle here, Saints are following council and government guidelines. You knew excactly what situation was if you were foolish enough to buy a season ticket so stop fecking GREETING!

So what government and council guidelines are other teams following? :1eye

The lack of parity is what seems to be the issue here.

What are other teams doing that we aren't? 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So what government and council guidelines are other teams following? :1eye

The lack of parity is what seems to be the issue here.

What are other teams doing that we aren't? 

Hod on I'll phone Nicola Sturg...how do i know?? I just like posting utter nonsence🤣🤣🤣

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Watching the Aberdeen and Motherwell games today is painful when our ground next week will be close to 90% empty.

Agreed. I’ve previously said that the 1m distancing is pretty black and white and if we’ve measured it correctly then the club can’t be criticised,

.....but we’re clearly missing something when you see the attendance at other grounds. 

Despite reassurances that they’ve consulted with other clubs approaches as well, it would be good to clearly know what the difference is. 

Some are speculating that it’s the grouping/bubbling of fans at other stadiums. I can’t see that, as I don’t think it’s as easy to organise as others think. Also, I see people moaning that you see a lack of distancing or mask wearing at other stadiums. That isn’t really relevant tbh as that’s more about fans not complying with the guidelines. The H&S set up needs to be in place and approved in the first place to even allow them in the ground. That’s where we’re currently stuck. 

2 minutes ago, Maboza said:

Agreed. I’ve previously said that the 1m distancing is pretty black and white and if we’ve measured it correctly then the club can’t be criticised,

.....but we’re clearly missing something when you see the attendance at other grounds. 

Despite reassurances that they’ve consulted with other clubs approaches as well, it would be good to clearly know what the difference is. 

Some are speculating that it’s the grouping/bubbling of fans at other stadiums. I can’t see that, as I don’t think it’s as easy to organise as others think. Also, I see people moaning that you see a lack of distancing or mask wearing at other stadiums. That isn’t really relevant tbh as that’s more about fans not complying with the guidelines. The H&S set up needs to be in place and approved in the first place to even allow them in the ground. That’s where we’re currently stuck. 

The risk in an outdoor environment is low anyway, the unnecessary need to be seen to be erring on the side of safety has become a disease on it's own. 

52 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The risk in an outdoor environment is low anyway, the unnecessary need to be seen to be erring on the side of safety has become a disease on it's own. 

That opinion isn’t really up for debate though. The rules are in place until 9th Aug. 

We need to concentrate on why our implementation of the rules seems inconsistent with other clubs who seem able to get more fans in. 

10 minutes ago, Maboza said:

That opinion isn’t really up for debate though. The rules are in place until 9th Aug. 

We need to concentrate on why our implementation of the rules seems inconsistent with other clubs who seem able to get more fans in. 

I understand that but it's the root cause, as I said, it's the ever growing desire by the government and authorities to be seen to be doing the "right thing".

Been prevalent since day one, fed by the media leading to a fear factor and acceptance culture.

Used to be called a lack of common sense.