The capacity debacle

3 hours ago, Maboza said:

Agreed. I’ve previously said that the 1m distancing is pretty black and white and if we’ve measured it correctly then the club can’t be criticised,

.....but we’re clearly missing something when you see the attendance at other grounds. 

Despite reassurances that they’ve consulted with other clubs approaches as well, it would be good to clearly know what the difference is. 

Some are speculating that it’s the grouping/bubbling of fans at other stadiums. I can’t see that, as I don’t think it’s as easy to organise as others think. Also, I see people moaning that you see a lack of distancing or mask wearing at other stadiums. That isn’t really relevant tbh as that’s more about fans not complying with the guidelines. The H&S set up needs to be in place and approved in the first place to even allow them in the ground. That’s where we’re currently stuck. 

The 1m distancing isnt in black and white when you look at the Hibs end today.

Interesting to see one of the journos suggesting that the relationship between the club and Renfrewshire Council is not particularly healthy right now. No reasons given why that might be but the inference is that the Council are quite happy to stiff us on the capacity issue.

I did have some sympathy over the restrictions but having seen the crowd at Fir Park yesterday with large groups all sitting or standing side by side with no masks in sight it's very difficult to comprehend why we are being served such severe restrictions other than it being for petty political point scoring.

2 hours ago, div said:

Interesting to see one of the journos suggesting that the relationship between the club and Renfrewshire Council is not particularly healthy right now. No reasons given why that might be but the inference is that the Council are quite happy to stiff us on the capacity issue.

I think this may go back to us winning our move from Love St The Cooncil weren’t very pleased about it 

42 minutes ago, HSS said:

I think this may go back to us winning our move from Love St The Cooncil weren’t very pleased about it 

The local council should be doing all it can to support StMirren. It is one of the few things left in Paisley that actually means something to the people 

25 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

The local council should be doing all it can to support StMirren. It is one of the few things left in Paisley that actually means something to the people 

Celtic and Sevco probably mean more to most of the people of Paisley.

Majority of Council members probably lean towards the Glasgow Bigots.

I am guessing.

Probably a decent guess on my part.

Noticed the County match had 2000 at it. Nobody can convince me that their stadium is better suited to hold double ours safely. Also, the Motherwell 'ultras' or whatever they call themselves were packed together like sardines. No masks, no social distancing. Goverment and Council guidelines? Someone's taking the piss.

Interested to know what guidelines will be in place for determining capacity now. 

1m distancing requirement is obviously gone and you would hope/expect that this was the main constraint on capacity for us and other stadiums around the country. 

With that in mind, the 5k limit is not driven by distancing.

Hopefully it is simply for clubs to demonstrate reasonable efforts for hygiene, controlled entry/exit, and mask wearing to toilets, food stalls, etc.

Given that old firm have had 20k+ crowds with 1m distancing, there should be nothing to stop every club having full houses above 5k. Demonstrating health & safety best endeavours to local authorities should be a formality if they play it right and LA’s don’t go overboard. 

Edited by Maboza

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

5,000 crowds allowed from Monday without application, anything over and above still needs approval.

Move the Hearts game to Monday if we can, job done. 

Given it's meant to be 2k without asking now I wouldn't go assuming we will be allowed 5k come Monday. 

22 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Given it's meant to be 2k without asking now I wouldn't go assuming we will be allowed 5k come Monday. 

The mitigation of social distancing is no longer a factor now 

No need for empty seats as 1m distance measures if I read the changes correctly 

1 hour ago, alanb said:

The mitigation of social distancing is no longer a factor now 

No need for empty seats as 1m distance measures if I read the changes correctly 

When does this change take place? 🤔

26 minutes ago, HSS said:

When does this change take place? 🤔

I am sure you know very well.
Monday the 9th,the post I quoted was a reply to a suggestion of move the Hearts game to the Monday = problem solved by Baz. Wont happen but seen the suggestion on twitter too.

Just highlighting the difference in no social distancing and council stance negated

Edited by alanb

Absolutely farcial from the club.  The joke ballot... My brothers have been  successful and I sit next to them at the ground. I'm in their company quite often  during the week but can't sit next to them at the football...which is outside! Couldn't make it up!
This isn't just incompetence.
It is totally unacceptable.
[emoji2959][emoji26]

It's pathetic, it's the first one we've applied for and both my brothers were successful, it doesn't even make sense.
I've said from day one that family bubbles would be simple to organise and help increase attendance but was shot down by the head up the club's arsers!

They defend the club at any cost with no thought of fans like yourself needlessly missing out.

NO excuse for this.

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

I've said from day one that family bubbles would be simple to organise and help increase attendance but was shot down by the head up the club's arsers!

They defend the club at any cost with no thought of fans like yourself needlessly missing out.

NO excuse for this.

There isn't and I'm not going to listen to anyone trying to defend it...it's pretty amateur to be honest.