The capacity debacle

Picked for the 2nd time, pretty happy but hard not to feel sorry for people that haven’t been picked for the full 3 ballots. Hopefully this will be the last of it and we can get everyone in for the fakes game at the end of the month. I’d expect Livi to be able to give us a decent away allocation for a week on Saturday too. Fingers crossed 🤞 

The club Seemed to think that after 16 months away nobody would be that bothered about how hey balloted the tickets for the first 2 games. Only after the complaints did they change it for league games. Cup game ,league game it makes no difference people want to see their team play . I’ve got a mate who’s had three successful ballots to me who has zero. 

Edited by norrie82

I too was selected. We have 4 tickets in our "bubble" but I was told I had to pick seats in the same row socially distanced but we could sit together on the day. This means we will potentially have spaces around us that, if things were planned better, could have been allocated to other ST holders. Such a shame with so many not able to see the buddies in the flesh.

1 minute ago, norrie82 said:

The club Seemed to think that after 16 months away nobody would be that bothered about how hey balloted the tickets for the first game. Only after the complaints did they change it for league games. Cup game league game it makes no difference people want to see their team play . I’ve got a mate who’s had three successful ballots to me who has zero. 

We have less than three thousand season ticket holders... Everyone who wanted to should have had at least one chance at going to a game. Also as buddieinek has said what's wrong with having family bubbles sitting together? we've seen the images from other SPL grounds. JOKE!

3 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

The club Seemed to think that after 16 months away nobody would be that bothered about how hey balloted the tickets for the first game. Only after the complaints did they change it for league games. Cup game league game it makes no difference people want to see their team play . I’ve got a mate who’s had three successful ballots to me who has zero. 

I disagree. The fans who were successful for what amounts to a pre season game had to pay on top of their STs for the privilege whereas ST holders have already paid for the league games. I think it would have been totally unfair to exclude those who got into the cup games from seeing the first home game of the campaign. I also think the club were always likely go down the rota route for league games. 

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I disagree. The fans who were successful for what amounts to a pre season game had to pay on top of their STs for the privilege whereas ST holders have already paid for the league games. I think it would have been totally unfair to exclude those who got into the cup games from seeing the first home game of the campaign. I also think the club were always likely go down the rota route for league games. 

But fans who got Dunfermline certainly should have got Thistle too. That is what leaves a bad taste. 

I too was selected. We have 4 tickets in our "bubble" but I was told I had to pick seats in the same row socially distanced but we could sit together on the day. This means we will potentially have spaces around us that, if things were planned better, could have been allocated to other ST holders. Such a shame with so many not able to see the buddies in the flesh.
My point from day 1.

Blame the Council all we want but the club has made a cnut of this!

26 minutes ago, Maboza said:

Let’s just hope this is the last time that this needs to happen. 

It’s frustrating for everyone and obviously leaves a bad taste in the mouth for fans.  

The point is, it didnt need to happen if they had been in anyway competent. 4000 fans at Killie last night and we will have a quarter of that on Saturday. I bet the board didnt enter any fecking ballot to get in on Saturday. I think the fact we now own the club, and the board are meant to be fans with our interests at heart, pisses me of the most. 

29 minutes ago, Hendo said:

The point is, it didnt need to happen if they had been in anyway competent. 4000 fans at Killie last night and we will have a quarter of that on Saturday. I bet the board didnt enter any fecking ballot to get in on Saturday. I think the fact we now own the club, and the board are meant to be fans with our interests at heart, pisses me of the most. 

Sorry, but did you expect instant change?  The club might be largely "fan owned" but that in itself doesn't change anything as the decision makers are the same ones that have been in operational roles for some time.   Most of the appointees have been from other roles in Kibble and it is they that actually seem to be running things.

If you are a SMISA member then you got what you wanted, a club where the largest shareholder is largely powerless and the other parties can run things simplly by having control of recruitment and operational management.

The only way things will change to reflect the wishes of the SMISA members is when the group flexes it's muscles and takes on some decision-making responsibility.  From where I stand, the fans get to say where the fan-allocated money pot is used and not a lot else.

Sorry, but did you expect instant change?  The club might be largely "fan owned" but that in itself doesn't change anything as the decision makers are the same ones that have been in operational roles for some time.   Most of the appointees have been from other roles in Kibble and it is they that actually seem to be running things.
If you are a SMISA member then you got what you wanted, a club where the largest shareholder is largely powerless and the other parties can run things simplly by having control of recruitment and operational management.
The only way things will change to reflect the wishes of the SMISA members is when the group flexes it's muscles and takes on some decision-making responsibility.  From where I stand, the fans get to say where the fan-allocated money pot is used and not a lot else.
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

1 hour ago, norrie82 said:

The club Seemed to think that after 16 months away nobody would be that bothered about how hey balloted the tickets for the first 2 games. Only after the complaints did they change it for league games. Cup game ,league game it makes no difference people want to see their team play . I’ve got a mate who’s had three successful ballots to me who has zero. 

That isn't actually true.

The reason the two league cup games were not taken into account for subsequent ballots was that the club was concerned folk would not apply for a ticket for the League Cup matches if they knew it was going to rule them out of getting a ticket for the first home league game.

The plan was always that league game ballots would be done fairly - ie; If you got Hearts you wouldn't be eligible for St.Johnstone

That is all hopefully moot now that the capacity is increasing from Monday but that is and always has been the thinking behind it.

5 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Very well said! 

It’s crazy the equal weighting that Kibble have obtained with a 27% vs 51% shareholding.  

There’s a distinct lack of clarity over exactly what they are delivering, what the financial arrangements/benefits are, and what operational, strategic and financial benefits are to be realised by the club.

I can’t believe we’ve seemingly handed over so much control with so little detail. A very trusting bunch our fans - so it would seem. 

8 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Your point is valid in that fans are never going to have a say in day to day decisions the club makes, that has always been the case as it should be.

As majority shareholders (of less than a week let's remember) we are certainly entitled to make our views known if we are unhappy with things the club are doing. Any fan, SMiSA member or not, can channel that feedback through the SLO route or through SMiSA.

If things got really bad to a point where the SMiSA members lost faith in their own board members they can vote to replace them. That's how it works.

Very well said! 

It’s crazy the equal weighting that Kibble have obtained with a 27% vs 51% shareholding.  

There’s a distinct lack of clarity over exactly what they are delivering, what the financial arrangements/benefits are, and what operational, strategic and financial benefits are to be realised by the club.

I can’t believe we’ve seemingly handed over so much control with so little detail. A very trusting bunch our fans - so it would seem. 
It was a done deal before even being presented to SMISA.
The bloody press were informed before the meeting with SMISA.

That's how much of a say SMISA members have. Yessir!

Your point is valid in that fans are never going to have a say in day to day decisions the club makes, that has always been the case as it should be.
As majority shareholders (of less than a week let's remember) we are certainly entitled to make our views known if we are unhappy with things the club are doing. Any fan, SMiSA member or not, can channel that feedback through the SLO route or through SMiSA.
If things got really bad to a point where the SMiSA members lost faith in their own board members they can vote to replace them. That's how it works.

That's how it SHOULD work Div... But why did it have to come to that? Giving non fans seats on the board and veto rights yet claiming fan ownership?

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark!

2 minutes ago, Maboza said:

Very well said! 

The actual chairman of the club is a SMiSA rep and the former chairman of the club is still on the board. The board are collectively making the day to day decisions regarding how the club is run. That is exactly as it should be.

The fans literally OWN the majority shareholding of the club, that's what Buy The Buds was all about.

Seems a wee bit like we are getting to the point of if in any doubt, just blame Kibble!

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

That's how it SHOULD work Div... But why did it have to come to that? Giving non fans seats on the board and veto rights yet claiming fan ownership?

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark!

It's exactly how it works mate. SMiSA members decide who from SMiSA sits on the club board and we have the majority of seats at that table.

I'm not exactly sure why Kibble are getting the blame for the capacity at the stadium being an absolute farce, it's very clear to me that it's Renfrewshire Council who should be getting the heat for this absurd situation.

3 minutes ago, div said:

It's exactly how it works mate. SMiSA members decide who from SMiSA sits on the club board and we have the majority of seats at that table.

I'm not exactly sure why Kibble are getting the blame for the capacity at the stadium being an absolute farce, it's very clear to me that it's Renfrewshire Council who should be getting the heat for this absurd situation.

Right that’s it, council tax boycott! 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

A few posts back it was the clubs fault, then the Council, now Kibble. Seems to me  that in pure (understandable) frustration fans are just lashing out at any one and anything.

And it's perfectly understandable. Every season ticket holder should be at the game on Saturday, nobody is going to persuade me any differently.

It's an absolute disgrace that we are looking at 1000 attendance on Saturday when by Monday the figure will miraculously be 5000.

Someone definitely needs their balls kicked, it's just a matter of clarifying who it should be.