The capacity debacle

10 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

The elected leaders don’t make these sorts of decisions. It’s the paid employees of RDC that do. I think the poster is making the point that the people at the head of RDC, that command a huge council tax payers salary, don’t necessarily stay in Renfrewshire. Therefore they don’t give two hoots.

I do understand how representative democracy works, but if voters can deliver a metaphorical 'kick in the balls' to a sitting government via a by-election result, then clearly there is a path to be trod................ unless of course yer jest a moaning minnie and canna be earsed?

5 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Putting people lives at risk is being a tad over dramatic. Especially when you consider the other aspects of society that have opened up with lesser constraints.

If you want to use that argument don’t go to the Hearts game on Saturday you might die. But come on Monday you will be fine.

In fact everything Is fine on Monday, provided you wear a mask.

Are you REALLY that naive? seriously.

2 minutes ago, jaybee said:

I do understand how representative democracy works, but if voters can deliver a metaphorical 'kick in the balls' to a sitting government via a by-election result, then clearly there is a path to be trod................ unless of course yer jest a moaning minnie and canna be earsed?

Okay lets try this another way. Name the elected member, (Councilors) that decided on the St Mirren capacity and the enquiry by SMFC to RDC. Or was it one of the paid Public Servants that decided on it as the local authority expert, in that role.

4 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Are you REALLY that naive? seriously.

Naive! No I’m one of the stupid people that can’t risk manage my life. I need the nanny state to tell me everything that i must. Because they will always look after my well being.  

Sorry i see what your getting at. Watching SMFC should come with a health warning. By keeping the numbers low the club are thinking of the well being of them

Watch you don’t hurt yourself.

2 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Okay lets try this another way. Name the elected member, (Councilors) that decided on the St Mirren capacity and the enquiry by SMFC to RDC. Or was it one of the paid Public Servants that decided on it as the local authority expert, in that role.

I don't know the elected members name, do you? and as for who decided? I have even less knowledge of that, equal I suspect to about the sum of your own knowledge.  I sincerely do take your point regarding the apparent dismissive nature of that decision by 'a faceless bureaucrat,' which most certainly would not have occurred had they been dealing with those in blue or green frae Glesca.  However, as I stated the ability to alter who makes those decisions is within the purview of S.M.I.S., the club, and the public, should enough cages be rattled to initiate action.

Why would Kibble risk their (many) decades of good reputation to f**k over St Mirren?

160 year old charity 

144 year old football club

Yet to see any evidence of an anti-St Mirren conspiracy from Kibble

Surely in their best interests to make the relationship work

16 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Why would Kibble risk their (many) decades of good reputation to f**k over St Mirren?

160 year old charity 

I don’t think anyone is accusing them of skullduggery and risking their good name. 

It was a legitimate question from the outset as to ‘What’s In It For Them’.  The proposal was brought in with a PR campaign pretty much making it a done deal and all we’ve really had is vague statements about the benefits. 

Call me selfish but I’m only interested in what’s good for St.Mirren FC. Kibble were obviously confident that they are getting something to make their investment worthwhile. I’m just keen to know that St.Mirren are actually doing well out of it. The statements give a good PR gloss to what’s happening behind the scenes but that’s about it. 

22 minutes ago, Maboza said:

I don’t think anyone is accusing them of skullduggery and risking their good name. 

It was a legitimate question from the outset as to ‘What’s In It For Them’.  The proposal was brought in with a PR campaign pretty much making it a done deal and all we’ve really had is vague statements about the benefits. 

Call me selfish but I’m only interested in what’s good for St.Mirren FC. Kibble were obviously confident that they are getting something to make their investment worthwhile. I’m just keen to know that St.Mirren are actually doing well out of it. The statements give a good PR gloss to what’s happening behind the scenes but that’s about it. 

Perfectly valid question.

Going by their website, it seems like they see potential in the community aspect of the football club. Addressing social issues etc. 

"Commercial expertise" seems to be the biggest thing they have to offer - like many have said - yet to see a real change but hopefully once crowds are allowed back in, we'll start to see some of their marketing come into play.

I will say that marketing of the club has got worse since they became involved, but not sure if that's a coincidence or because of the pandemic and skyview turmoil.

Kibble have an innovative partnership with St. Mirren Football Club, which is supported by the St. Mirren Independent Supporters Association (SMISA). We combine the youth-centred, educational and commercial expertise of Kibble, with St. Mirren’s first-class sporting facilities and national profile.

Kibble’s partnership with St. Mirren Football Club will bring meaningful change to the lives of young people in care at Kibble, to St. Mirren Football Club, and to the wider Paisley community. Both organisations will dedicate themselves to address local deprivation and exclusion through youth employment, community engagement, initiatives and activities.

9 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Perfectly valid question.

Going by their website, it seems like they see potential in the community aspect of the football club. Addressing social issues etc. 

"Commercial expertise" seems to be the biggest thing they have to offer - like many have said - yet to see a real change but hopefully once crowds are allowed back in, we'll start to see some of their marketing come into play.

I will say that marketing of the club has got worse since they became involved, but not sure if that's a coincidence or because of the pandemic and skyview turmoil.

I think what we are getting is trainees ,so things will struggle for a while

4 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

I think what we are getting is trainees ,so things will struggle for a while

Long term should hopefully make a difference - more willing to cut them slack as performances on the park (so far) have been close to the level I'm hoping for

1 minute ago, Slash said:

I have been made aware of a proposal to call an Emergency meeting of SMiSA to discuss the ticketing issues faced by Season ticket holders. It requires 5% of the membership to call a meeting.

If any SMiSA members want to do so they can Send me a private message with their full name and email address and I will pass it on.

It should be an EGM of SMFC, not SMISA. They are the ones who should be giving fans (the majority owners, after all) clear and precise answers on this debacle.

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

160 year old charity 

It looks like a whole raft of recent appointments throughout the club would appear to be Kibble associates/staff.

Were these positions advertised or tendered for ?

If as suspected the answer is no then we have our answer as to why Kibble are involved. 

Whether the appointments are good or bad for the club remains to be seen.   

4 minutes ago, alwaysabuddy said:

It looks like a whole raft of recent appointments throughout the club would appear to be Kibble associates/staff.

Were these positions advertised or tendered for ?

If as suspected the answer is no then we have our answer as to why Kibble are involved. 

Whether the appointments are good or bad for the club remains to be seen.   

What positions are we talking about here? 

1 hour ago, saint in exile said:

It should be an EGM of SMFC, not SMISA. They are the ones who should be giving fans (the majority owners, after all) clear and precise answers on this debacle.

Only Smisa ,with their shareholding can call an EGM on SMFC

4 hours ago, jaybee said:

Not utter nonsense at all, who suddenly made you the arbiter of common sense?  Have the club acted a shade apprehensively? probably yes, but given we are talking of peoples lives here, and this by the way is supposedly a 'supporters' forum, although anyone who was not actually aware of that might doubt it given the vilification aimed at the club, staff and associates.  Put on a fresh pull up and climb back in yer cot.

Lives are at risk by attending a football match,do you really believe that ?

Lives are at risk by attending a football match,do you really believe that ?
Yes.
All the moreso when others don't.

Funerals in the last year... Double figures.
Eulogies given .. 2.
Healthy double vaccinated friends hospitalised... 2
Time unable to work... 15 months.
Chances being taken... 0.

12 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Yes.
All the moreso when others don't.

Funerals in the last year... Double figures.
Eulogies given .. 2.
Healthy double vaccinated friends hospitalised... 2
Time unable to work... 15 months.
Chances being taken... 0.

So you won't be going to games then ?