The capacity debacle

8 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Lives are at risk by attending a football match,do you really believe that ?

Which planet do you live on? because on this one, whilst not dying at the rate they were earlier, people are still dying, so to answer your question, yes absolutely.

3 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

You can only vote for councillors, I was referring to heads of department and such. They are employed not voted into office. What we need is an employment policy that is weighted towards employing local people into these posts, it’s the only way the service from the council will improve. 

I can't argue with that, but at the end of the day if you gain enough momentum politically you can alter policy and change the way things work.

4 hours ago, jaybee said:

Which planet do you live on? because on this one, whilst not dying at the rate they were earlier, people are still dying, so to answer your question, yes absolutely.

How many, exactly, are dying from attending football matches? 

Bringing in people that "are still dying" is way out of context and, again, needless emotional attacks on people who are simply wanting to get back to a normal life within the rules that other clubs seem to be able to manage. 

If football matches are the deadly killers you're insinuation there must be an awful lot of football fans who will not be attending after the Euros. 

Edited by faraway saint
typo

16 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I don’t suppose anyone at the club can explain why Falkirk ( a League One side) are allowed 3 times the amount that St Mirren are allowed?

Traditionally, Falkirk’s stadium has always been a shining beacon of perfection in its capacious stands offering solid terracing, spacious seating, good sight lines and total dedication to create a perfect fan experience….  often meaning that they invested more money in that, than in expensive, flashy foreign players!

(warning: I may have a slightly faulty memory. My recall may not be utterly accurate.)

40 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

A league 1 outfit with 3 stands allowed more than us too 🤣

Or to put it another way , Falkirk FC will have more fans in any one of its Three stands than we can manage in our whole stadium .  
That is f**king crackers 🤪

Both grounds are modern all seated stadiums 

Both have plenty of room around stadium to avoid overcrowding 

Both have a similar amount of turnstiles ( Falkirk main stand has two more.) 

I think John tried to explain the situation, but I'm not convinced his statement really helped.

We are told that we have to leave two seats free and can only use every other row in our stand because of the distance between rows etc...

That's all well and good in isolation but when you see several hundred fans in both the home and away end standing right next to each other last weekend just a few miles up the road in Motherwell then it doesn't really stack up.

Lanarkshire is operating under level 0 restrictions at the moment the same as Renfrewshire is, so something isn't right here.

We've got Glasgow City Council offering FULL CAPACITY at Ibrox and Parkhead next midweek, 50000 & 60000 respectively, yet we are supposed to swallow that we can only have 1039 in our stadium this weekend, when the advertised lowest guideline for level 0 is 2000?

It doesn't add up at all and you can completely understand why fans are not happy.

I'm not expecting the chairman of the club to throw the Council under the bus here but something isn't right, St.Mirren have been given an absolutely terrible deal here and to compound all of that the club's communication with it's most loyal fans on the matter has been an absolute shambles.

There isn't even an acknowledgement on the official website that the ballot has been drawn FFS!

Season ticket holders who didn't get a ticket are left completely in the dark, why didn't they get an email too even if it was just to say "Sorry you didn't get one this time". Nothing at all!

These are the punters who pitched up £300+ last season and who didn't get to set foot in the stadium ONCE, yet we were asked to pony up the same £300+ again this season and almost 3000 of us jumped through several hoops to do so. Then we don't even get a proper explanation of why we're still locked out, we aren't told the ballot has been run and we don't get a courtesy email telling us we've not been fortunate enough to get a ticket!

It's all very very basic stuff here and frankly it's not good enough.

Even the Season Ticket TV access on Saturday is a mess. I've read the article on the website telling me I need to use a new login and password for this season, yet I can absolutely guarantee that my 76 year old season ticket holding dad will be utterly confused as to what the fuck is going on - he doesn't read the website and he doesn't visit social media - so how the fuck is he supposed to know how to watch the game - a game that he has paid for the same as all the rest of us mugs.

An absolute utter shambles.

50 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Has the Chairman statement not clarified why the situation is what it is? I'm not sure what more the club can or is expected to do on this. Thankfully it's just one more game and hopefully this is all behind us for good. 

image.thumb.png.87d0f39311a1eaf079f0ffd59acd24bb.png

I don’t think it answered it in any way shape or form.  To simply say it’s not like for like does not cut it .

What are the long-standing infrastructure issues ?

what about the reply posted elsewhere from R Council ( I’ll try to find it ) from Stewart Gilmour which appeared to infer the club hadn’t prepared / applied correctly ? 

9 minutes ago, alanb said:

It will be interesting to see when or if the need for a " Red Zone " bubble continues and what happens to Main Stand ST holders for the next home game to St J and beyond.

Fingers crossed the Main stand will be available for use at Saintees game,  if it isn’t ……..

gonna be an interesting forum 🤯

13 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I don’t think it answered it in any way shape or form.  To simply say it’s not like for like does not cut it .

What are the long-standing infrastructure issues ?

what about the reply posted elsewhere from R Council ( I’ll try to find it ) from Stewart Gilmour which appeared to infer the club hadn’t prepared / applied correctly ? 

Fair enough, I understand it's really annoying some fans and they want a more detailed explanation. 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Has the Chairman statement not clarified why the situation is what it is? I'm not sure what more the club can or is expected to do on this. Thankfully it's just one more game and hopefully this is all behind us for good. 

image.thumb.png.87d0f39311a1eaf079f0ffd59acd24bb.png

Away!!! That statement is utter dug shite.

8 hours ago, jaybee said:

Covid is not going away. It’s here for eternity. There will always be deaths linked to Covid At what point is it deemed to be safe.

Flu is a killer. Do you stay in when someone sneezes. 

While many things have a potential to cause death, people have to have a level of responsibility to make their own decisions.

A councillor and the club have stated why the Partick and Hearts  were/are 1039 and its not going to change now for the first home game. I admit i put a fair few posts out qbout the 1039 how did it come about? Did we just lie down and accept it? Did we request more as clubs are allowed too? I put it on here also contacted the SLO and the club didnt get much traction. I have came to the conclusion it is what it is and we will get no proper clarity do not see the point of this continued asking questioning demanding answers our club has shafted its loyal supporters and have pretty much put a blanket ban in answering except a small statement not really saying much

3 hours ago, JJ McG said:

A league 1 outfit with 3 stands allowed more than us too 🤣

despite having only 3 permanent stands, the configuration of what they have is just so much better than our stadium.

The majority of fans wanted 4 stands at Greenhill rd, but i guess the lack of depth is an issue for us-it certainly affects the spectator experience

8 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

The whole preseason shambles is summed up in one word on the running of the club. Complacent 

Complacent or dim - take your pick.  If it really is the council who are mandating the 1039 then the club should ask them why.  If the answer is ‘cos we say so’ then take it to the next level at the SG and ask why although based on the ramblings from John Swinney yesterday on ‘vertical drinking’ I wouldn’t expect a sensible answer from there either.

it appears from some of the comments on here and P&B that some bubbles have been successful in the ballot for Saturday which theoretically at least should mean at least a few others should be allowed to attend while still observing the social distancing rules.  It was evident from the pictures from the thistle game that most fans were in groups of 2 or more so I wonder if that was how the seats were allocated or was it because people ignored the social distancing and just sat where they liked.

On a slightly different note regarding the chairman’s statement about the St Johnstone game my son and grandson will, by the looks of it, not be able to attend since they are emigrating (although they will be back for numerous cup finals, etc).  They did not renew their season tickets and assumed that they would be able to attend simply by buying tickets but there is so much doubt about that we have now booked hospitality at Renfrew juniors on that date thereby giving a club that really appreciate your custom a few hundred quid.