The capacity debacle

12 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Ideal but for one wee thing...
The club had to ask US to provide THEM with our seat details when reregistering, adding fuel to the allegations that the database left with the last ticket provider! emoji850.png

As I said ‘shouldn’t have been too difficult’ but then I forgot about that part of the fiasco.

1 minute ago, Maboza said:

In fairness, I’m not sure if General Manager is a level of management that we (as fans) generally need to know about. 

I expect to know about a change of CEO and we get to see the public nature of that role from Brian Caldwell and now Tony Fitz. I’m not sure the same applies to General Manager but others will know better than me. I suppose the most recent reference point is us being highlighted to the appointment of Ali Defoy to the Sales & Brand Mgt (?) position, which merited announcement but maybe that’s more public facing. 

The blending of Kibble into SMFC is the interesting bit for me. 

When looking on club website she’s down as general manager of marketing and admin, so maybe I’ve been a bit OTT here, just found the wording by the SLOs strange, strange she’s even at the meeting in all honesty now 😂

22 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

No it won't take a rest, and hopefully the vaccination programme will allow a return to "normality" of a sort.

Spikes have happened before in a number of countries who thought it was under control.

I am not living in a cave.

I had my first draught pint in 15 months two weeks ago.

Attended my first live gig of the year ... Was at 160 in 2019.

I'm willing to take steps where I see safety measures are in place.

A care home manager in England killed himself as the guilt of his residents dying was too hard to live with.

I want complete peace of mind that whatever happens, I have done all I can to protect those in my care if I have that, I can cope with whatever happens.

Brian, I'm not posting so much on here these days but popped in today after the nightclubs comment from the Scottish government spokesman and saw this exchange of posts.

You are under no obligation to explain yourself and your personal choices to anyone.

Certainly not a brainless nugget on a football forum.

How you handle yourself is entirely a personal choice.

I just wanted to make 2 comments.

Firstly, we might well be as safe as we're ever going to be. I'm not sure what level of certainty you are after but this might be the floor of what we can expect. I'm not sure we'll ever get much lower than this if we ever want to fully open everything (which we should IMO).

Secondly, you can't guarantee the safety of the people in your care. Every time you venture out of your house for shopping you risk picking up covid. You need to find a way of balancing that without feeling any sort of personal responsibility if someone under your care contracts it. Thinking that way is going to destroy you from the inside out so please don't do that. You're doing the best you can. You shouldn't lose sight of that. Good luck.

40 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Brian, I'm not posting so much on here these days but popped in today after the nightclubs comment from the Scottish government spokesman and saw this exchange of posts.

You are under no obligation to explain yourself and your personal choices to anyone.

Certainly not a brainless nugget on a football forum.

How you handle yourself is entirely a personal choice.

I just wanted to make 2 comments.

Firstly, we might well be as safe as we're ever going to be. I'm not sure what level of certainty you are after but this might be the floor of what we can expect. I'm not sure we'll ever get much lower than this if we ever want to fully open everything (which we should IMO).

Secondly, you can't guarantee the safety of the people in your care. Every time you venture out of your house for shopping you risk picking up covid. You need to find a way of balancing that without feeling any sort of personal responsibility if someone under your care contracts it. Thinking that way is going to destroy you from the inside out so please don't do that. You're doing the best you can. You shouldn't lose sight of that. Good luck.

No, you bailed out after a mammoth feck up of a post indicating the holes in masks were about an inch in size.

You are the very one who chastised people not so long ago for making personal choices that didn't fall in line with your "no mask" stance.

Thanks for popping in, it's been a laugh. :byebye

Me and my son never made the ballot for Hearts, I have written to the club asking to be put on a ‘standby list’ if they have such a thing - I have not received a reply.

Would actually quite like my share of the season tickets money back (say an 1/18th) as opposed to St Mirren TV - which I’ll probably not get access to anyway.

I am on record months ago, possibly 1 year ago stating the club should be readying themselves for when fans can get back in some form - yet they’ve done nothing, they’ve been caught out on almost every facet (the return, the season tickets and the strips) with the most important one being PR.

Why can we not get 2000 fans in minimum - I just can’t buy this main stand red zone pish, lucky if there were any more than 3 dozen in there for the thistle game!!

I’ll bet we have not even been in contact with the council!!

I bought my ST last season knowing it was basically to support the club financially through a difficult time. I half expected some kind of acknowledgment from them this season when I renewed again, maybe 10% discount on saints top or a free pie at half time for a couple of games. 
No, what we get is the piss taken out of us completely! 
i for one will not be rushing to buy my ST next season.

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

There are currently 25 more prominent causes of death in the UK than covid and bear in mind, this is us coming out of a third wave we were told would be catastrophic.

I understand Jaybee's hesitancy due to having lost people they were close to but as you say, there has to come a time where you accept that it has been driven down by a scientific achievement that a few years ago was completely unthinkable. Without vaccines or even with vaccines being developed at their usual rates, we'd have been left with this ripping through populations for 5-10 years before we could effectively jag folk against it.

Future vaccine technology will only serve to drive cases and deaths further down as well. It is always forgotten that this is just the first generation of covid vaccines and that research is always ongoing to improve them.

very fair comment

Someone on P&B posted a rather cryptic article from the Chairman in today’s PDE, mentioning the use of ‘3 remaining stands’ for the St.Johnstone game. 

It would be good of them to actually tell us what is going on with the main stand. Mentions of players using it as a training base and infrastructure issues but it’s just yet another thing with no clarity. It’s like they are petrified of giving a meaningful update as it will expose that they’ve dropped the ball big time despite having 18 months to prep for return of fans. 

Someone on P&B posted a rather cryptic article from the Chairman in today’s PDE, mentioning the use of ‘3 remaining stands’ for the St.Johnstone game. 

It would be good of them to actually tell us what is going on with the main stand. Mentions of players using it as a training base and infrastructure issues but it’s just yet another thing with no clarity. It’s like they are petrified of giving a meaningful update as it will expose that they’ve dropped the ball big time despite having 18 months to prep for return of fans. 
Also...
No main stand = no raised viewing platform for wheelchair users.
Loss of status pending if not addressed very quickly? [emoji850]

4 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Also...
No main stand = no raised viewing platform for wheelchair users.
Loss of status pending if not addressed very quickly? emoji850.png

Yep. Another fair point. 

If, as it seems, the answer is simply to shunt main stand punters to the remaining stands then I’d suggest that not only is that short sighted in terms of the displacement of fans but also a huge missed opportunity for missed revenue. If the St.Johnstone game does turn out as we all hope to have no restriction on capacity, the club and Kibble’s marketing expertise should have been ramping up with huge fanfare to encourage everyone to ‘bring a buddie’ for the return of football with crowds to Paisley. We should have been aiming to sell every single seat in the place.  

I think most of us realise that there have been a few things that have happened over the last couple of months which were unexpected (ticketing platform, main strip sponsor) add to that the covid impact which I presume meant a reduction in backroom staff etc. but there are 2 things that have really annoyed me most. Firstly, how can a football club (who is reliant on their paying supporters) have no details of who they are or how to contact them ?  Secondly, the way that the club has 'engaged' with their support over such matters has been dreadful.  I have absolutely no doubt that the club are now working hard to put things right but they need to be much clearer when they actually do try and explain what has gone wrong. I'm not sure of the exact number but around 2500 people have decided to renew their tickets (following a season of no games to attend, the club should be more than grateful) so clarity is key from now on.

8 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

I think most of us realise that there have been a few things that have happened over the last couple of months which were unexpected (ticketing platform, main strip sponsor) add to that the covid impact which I presume meant a reduction in backroom staff etc. but there are 2 things that have really annoyed me most. Firstly, how can a football club (who is reliant on their paying supporters) have no details of who they are or how to contact them ?  Secondly, the way that the club has 'engaged' with their support over such matters has been dreadful.  I have absolutely no doubt that the club are now working hard to put things right but they need to be much clearer when they actually do try and explain what has gone wrong. I'm not sure of the exact number but around 2500 people have decided to renew their tickets (following a season of no games to attend, the club should be more than grateful) so clarity is key from now on.

That's good, because I get the feeling they're burying their heads in the sand and praying that the problems go away themselves 

200.gif

I bought my ST last season knowing it was basically to support the club financially through a difficult time. I half expected some kind of acknowledgment from them this season when I renewed again, maybe 10% discount on saints top or a free pie at half time for a couple of games. 
No, what we get is the piss taken out of us completely! 
i for one will not be rushing to buy my ST next season.

Really fair point this - a gesture, something to reward the fans. It appears that there were 3200 who coughed up last season and I’m hearing figures of 2500 - 2800 this season which is likely down to a combination of perhaps personal situations, people not wanting to commit (after committing last season for nowt back) or the current mess the club are in regarding season tickets.

So what could the club do to reward the 3200 who committed last season (that’s if they know who we were / are), an open training session at the stadium (perhaps end of season when things may be safer)? A free cup game? A packet of crisps. A free top for my son. Only a # do we get with some radio silence thrown in for good measure!!

Feeling robbed and insulted!! The club need to up their game!!

2 hours ago, RichardBuddie said:

Really fair point this - a gesture, something to reward the fans. It appears that there were 3200 who coughed up last season and I’m hearing figures of 2500 - 2800 this season which is likely down to a combination of perhaps personal situations, people not wanting to commit (after committing last season for nowt back) or the current mess the club are in regarding season tickets.

So what could the club do to reward the 3200 who committed last season (that’s if they know who we were / are), an open training session at the stadium (perhaps end of season when things may be safer)? A free cup game? A packet of crisps. A free top for my son. Only a # do we get with some radio silence thrown in for good measure!!

Feeling robbed and insulted!! The club need to up their game!!

They could add it to the free pre season game and League Cup match we were gonna get when season 2019-20 was cut short .

11 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

They could add it to the free pre season game and League Cup match we were gonna get when season 2019-20 was cut short .

Are Motherwell FC not the other fan owned team in the league? They managed to give all there ST renewals a free season ticket! What do we get? Treated like dafties, I feel a demonstration coming on.

3 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Are Motherwell FC not the other fan owned team in the league? They managed to give all there ST renewals a free season ticket! What do we get? Treated like dafties, I feel a demonstration coming on.

I've said before a demonstration before tomorrows game would be the only thing that would get them listening to the fans - 2000 outside the ground shouting "let us in" would be bad publicity for the club but be more likely to shine a light on whats going on than a thousand social media posts.

14 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I've said before a demonstration before tomorrows game would be the only thing that would get them listening to the fans - 2000 outside the ground shouting "let us in" would be bad publicity for the club but be more likely to shine a light on whats going on than a thousand social media posts.

19 minutes ago, Hendo said:

English fans would simply rush the gates…

43 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I think that would embarrass the fans and the club, given we'll practically all be allowed back in from two days after the game. As frustrating as this has been, it isn't "demonstration" level. 

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I think that would embarrass the fans and the club, given we'll practically all be allowed back in from two days after the game. As frustrating as this has been, it isn't "demonstration" level. 

Who are you to decide what is "embarrassing" or "demonstration" level.......personally I'm quite happy to cut the club some slack but the summer has been an absolute shambles from an admin and communication perspective, add in the strips and shop issues and again poor communication surrounding them and I can see why some people might be frustrated enough to let their feelings known. I'm, as a rule, not normally a complainer but even I can see that this close season, from everything other than a "football" perspective, has been poor beyond any level of acceptable service from any business.

4 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Who are you to decide what is "embarrassing" or "demonstration" level.......personally I'm quite happy to cut the club some slack but the summer has been an absolute shambles from an admin and communication perspective, add in the strips and shop issues and again poor communication surrounding them and I can see why some people might be frustrated enough to let their feelings known. I'm, as a rule, not normally a complainer but even I can see that this close season, from everything other than a "football" perspective, has been poor beyond any level of acceptable service from any business.

Thought it was quite clear it was my opinion but I guess there is a requirement to add that caveat to every single post now... 

28 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Thought it was quite clear it was my opinion but I guess there is a requirement to add that caveat to every single post now... 

Your second sentence is a statement, not an opinion.

Edited by WeeBud