The capacity debacle

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

I've said before a demonstration before tomorrows game would be the only thing that would get them listening to the fans - 2000 outside the ground shouting "let us in" would be bad publicity for the club but be more likely to shine a light on whats going on than a thousand social media posts.

It would almost likely attract media attention and make us look tinpot to the rest of the nation to point and laugh at.

11 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

You're second sentence is a statement, not an opinion.

It was meant as an opinion, again it seems there is a demand for a clear caveat instead of it being inferred.

Maybe this needs to be included in some form of BAWA rules on engagement... :whistle

Just now, bazil85 said:

It was meant as an opinion, again it seems there is a demand for a clear caveat instead of it being inferred.

Maybe this needs to be included in some form of BAWA rules on engagement... :whistle

or possibly you may wish to pay consideration to how your point/opinion comes across in your posts 😎

8 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

It would almost likely attract media attention and make us look tinpot to the rest of the nation to point and laugh at.

That be club or supporters.  Besides, who gives a f**k what others think.   Not like other clubs don't have their faults.  

I think that would embarrass the fans and the club, given we'll practically all be allowed back in from two days after the game. As frustrating as this has been, it isn't "demonstration" level. 

Baz, I agree it would be very embarrassing and potentially damaging (a demonstration), but this not getting enough fans in is just terrible - I’ve got an 11 year old boy who is absolutely gutted at not getting in.

It is just so frustrating knowing we’re not going to be there tomorrow - I’ve actually dropped another note to the club basically asking if they can let me and my boy in by exception!!

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

I've said before a demonstration before tomorrows game would be the only thing that would get them listening to the fans - 2000 outside the ground shouting "let us in" would be bad publicity for the club but be more likely to shine a light on whats going on than a thousand social media posts.

Not a fan of that sort of demonstration. Would simply give the media something to bash us with, they had a field day with the covid issue and the financial probe , don’t want to see a baying mob being played by Daily Ranger photographers 👎

4 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

Baz, I agree it would be very embarrassing and potentially damaging (a demonstration), but this not getting enough fans in is just terrible - I’ve got an 11 year old boy who is absolutely gutted at not getting in.

It is just so frustrating knowing we’re not going to be there tomorrow - I’ve actually dropped another note to the club basically asking if they can let me and my boy in by exception!!

Yeah, it will be absolutely heart breaking for a lot of the young fans after such a wait to get back in. 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

I think that would embarrass the fans and the club, given we'll practically all be allowed back in from two days after the game. As frustrating as this has been, it isn't "demonstration" level. 

Got to agree..... it's more of a sacking offence,  who's head will roll that's the question we should be asking ?  I'll go for the parking attendants 

youre fired GIF

26 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

The club must be confident that they will be able to open the Main stand for upcoming games,, otherwise why would they be advertising something for sale which they simply cannot supply as things stand 🤷‍♂️

on the OS today . 

4CDC3364-A19D-4AED-AD41-6499AB3E1033.jpeg

They already have 2500+ mugs signed up so might as well keep going might be the attitude.  After all they have had no evidence of complaints so far since the phones have been quiet and emails are at a manageable level so obviously everyone is so happy with the situation that they don’t need to update anything or anyone.

30 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

The club must be confident that they will be able to open the Main stand for upcoming games,, otherwise why would they be advertising something for sale which they simply cannot supply as things stand 🤷‍♂️

With the news today that close contacts of players who test positive will still have to isolate , then as long as the players are using the stand as a base , instead of Ralston , then there will still be restrictions !

That statement is a load of rubbish!! Historic issues my ar@e - the stadium is only ten years old for goodness sake!!

Needless to say the club never responded to my 2 emails and my son is upset.

I’ve a good mind to go tomorrow and ask to gain entry - after all I have paid up!!

Really poor from the club.

8 hours ago, Hendo said:

A demonstration prior to the game with 2k fans in what is still until Monday a level of social distancing doesn’t make sense. It has been a shambles by the club and i have sent numerous emails asking direct questions of this debacle and how they planned to fix it all fell on deaf ears but at this stage when come 09/08/2021 a minimum of 5k can attend is the wrong thing. 

From the Clubs Statement

What are these historical issues with the stadium that just apparently came to light.  

The historical issue from what i can see is the historical incompetence of the board to actually plan and coordinate for this day.

Looking at how other clubs are dealing with this situation it kind of makes a mockery of the clubs ability to only achieve circa 1000.

It would have been interesting the number that would have been achieved if it was pay at the gate as a opposed to money that was already in the bank.

The fans who paid last year and this year deserve better from the club. Not taken as lemmings that are taken for granted who will always pay up.

Edited by Brilliant Disguise

12 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

From the Clubs Statement

What are these historical issues with the stadium that just apparently came to light.  

The historical issue from what i can see is the historical incompetence of the board to actually plan and coordinate for this day.

Looking at how other clubs are dealing with this situation it kind of makes a mockery of the clubs ability to only achieve circa 1000.

It would have been interesting the number that would have been achieved if it was pay at the gate as a opposed to money that was already in the bank.

The fans who paid last year and this year deserve better from the club. Not taken as lemmings that are taken for granted who will always pay up.

The historical issues, i can reveal, is that Fitzy keeps a pack of lions underneath the Main Stand. Everyones spent the last 18 months bothering about Covid, until a few weeks ago some health and safety busybody from the Council said that we had to get rid of the lions. Unfortunately, there arent many lion tamers in the Paisley area, but they are getting someone to sort it on Monday morning.

So its definitely not safe for more than 1039 people to attend tomorrow, because theres fecking lions prowling about. In fact, i'd say its not particularly safe for the 1039, but the club is selflessly putting these concerns to one side to let fans attend.

Now can we all get off their case?

"we have to work within the capacity of 1039 to guarantee the safety of all of those who will attend, and to meet the social distancing requirements as set by The Scottish Government."

Someone's nose just grew an inch!

Please stop treating fans like brain dead cash cows!

The Scottish Government guidelines applied, funnily enough, to the whole of Scotland... Not just Paisley!

If mistakes were made, own up and apologize.

If some outside force treated us unfairly, tell us.

Either way, yet another rallying call for Support whilst treating supporters as idiots! [emoji850]

8 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Yeah, it will be absolutely heart breaking for a lot of the young fans after such a wait to get back in. 

5000 more than enough for season....calm down

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, RichardBuddie said:

That statement is a load of rubbish!! Historic issues my ar@e - the stadium is only ten years old for goodness sake!!

Needless to say the club never responded to my 2 emails and my son is upset.

I’ve a good mind to go tomorrow and ask to gain entry - after all I have paid up!!

Really poor from the club.

Interesting point. Given the total shit show what's the betting that a ST holder unsuccessful in the ballot could turn up with his bar code and the readers would accept it as valid???

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Interesting point. Given the total shit show what's the betting that a ST holder unsuccessful in the ballot could turn up with his bar code and the readers would accept it as valid???

I like where this going, stealth protesters  🥷 

49 minutes ago, Hendo said:

The historical issues, i can reveal, is that Fitzy keeps a pack of lions underneath the Main Stand. Everyones spent the last 18 months bothering about Covid, until a few weeks ago some health and safety busybody from the Council said that we had to get rid of the lions. Unfortunately, there arent many lion tamers in the Paisley area, but they are getting someone to sort it on Monday morning.

So its definitely not safe for more than 1039 people to attend tomorrow, because theres fecking lions prowling about. In fact, i'd say its not particularly safe for the 1039, but the club is selflessly putting these concerns to one side to let fans attend.

Now can we all get off their case?

Funny you should say that, I met this guy in Linwood Asda this afternoon asking where St Mirren stadium was?

21989CD8-A81D-4D04-B835-3290A5B0B5A9.jpeg