The capacity debacle

On 8/5/2021 at 5:36 PM, BuddieinEK said:

Ideal but for one wee thing...
The club had to ask US to provide THEM with our seat details when reregistering, adding fuel to the allegations that the database left with the last ticket provider! emoji850.png

I think its a bolt on certainty that they were left with zero supporter details. I didn't have a ST last season. I did however, manage to "renew" this season on day 1 by giving them details of a seat I used to sit in a couple of seasons back. I was amazed that they let me do this.

I think its a bolt on certainty that they were left with zero supporter details. I didn't have a ST last season. I did however, manage to "renew" this season on day 1 by giving them details of a seat I used to sit in a couple of seasons back. I was amazed that they let me do this.
I'm more amazed that you actually got to speak to someone! [emoji12]

He never said he spoke to anyone. [emoji23] Sounds like he did it online, and may have actually taken someone else’s seat who had it in the seasons he was not using it.
When we all “renewed” we could have all put in different seats and caused all kinds of confusion. A total cluster fcuk.
Aahhhh.... Fair comment. Fairer summation! [emoji12]

8 minutes ago, Maboza said:

Even putting the capacity shambles aside - why are we getting vague statements about the infrastructure issues? Tell us what it actually is ffs!! 

How significant is it? 
What is it going to cost? 
Why is it only picked up now? 

Having read the "non update" update yeaterday, I'm wondering whether the Main Stand will actually be open for the St Johnstone game. The "infrastructure issues" might be cover for the players continuing to use the main stand. And yet they continue to sell STs for the Main Stand?

I'm finding it deeply ironic that a club that is now majority fan owned - is almost non existent in its communications with fans. No contact from the club to individual ST holders on the Hearts ballot, and none again if you were unsuccessful. Embarrasing, really.

I received a call last night from Campbell. A few people now couldn't make it and we were next in like in the ballot. This will be my son's first ever game. We are sitting in the north stand rather than where our season tickets will be, but I am so excited to be getting him to his first game. It was a nice wee surprise last night at like 9pm.

All done on line Brian. It was my seat from 2 seasons ago, so highly unlikely that it was taken by someone else last season. But, definetly not a renewal.
That is ironic as my initial email to the club was about that very issue as we didn't renew last season.

I did try online but could only get one of the two seats, hence the long drawn out saga.

Having read the "non update" update yeaterday, I'm wondering whether the Main Stand will actually be open for the St Johnstone game. The "infrastructure issues" might be cover for the players continuing to use the main stand. And yet they continue to sell STs for the Main Stand?
I'm finding it deeply ironic that a club that is now majority fan owned - is almost non existent in its communications with fans. No contact from the club to individual ST holders on the Hearts ballot, and none again if you were unsuccessful. Embarrasing, really.

If I don’t get in my seat for the fakes game I want my money back - I don’t think the club are telling the truth!!

I received a call last night from Campbell. A few people now couldn't make it and we were next in like in the ballot. This will be my son's first ever game. We are sitting in the north stand rather than where our season tickets will be, but I am so excited to be getting him to his first game. It was a nice wee surprise last night at like 9pm.

Genuinely happy to hear this, hope you and the lad have a cracking day and he see’s a win for his first game!!

How hard is it to send out a group email, bcc, saying very sorry to inform you that on this occasion your application for a ticket has been unsuccessful, however, late places may become available and you will be held on a reserve list?

Even the BBC audience participation folks can manage that! [emoji850][emoji26]

5 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

How hard is it to send out a group email, bcc, saying very sorry to inform you that on this occasion your application for a ticket has been unsuccessful, however, late places may become available and you will be held on a reserve list?

Even the BBC audience participation folks can manage that! emoji850.pngemoji26.png

Exactly. This isn't incompetence, it's indifference. 10 minutes to compose that sort of email, but just couldn't be bothered.

2 hours ago, Maboza said:

Even putting the capacity shambles aside - why are we getting vague statements about the infrastructure issues? Tell us what it actually is ffs!! 

How significant is it? 
What is it going to cost? 
Why is it only picked up now? 

It's been said for some time that a design flaw in the stadium works against flexible seating arrangements between home and away fans, mostly around toilet, catering and emergency evacuation i think.  Hopefully it is that and it is not to provide additional facilities for non footballing use.

It has apparently cost us a fair bit of money in not being able to maximise revenue from away fans and is one of the reasons that, unless we can fill the place with home fans only, the stadium has never been filled to full capacity.  I remember BillyG commenting on this a few years ago.

It's been said for some time that a design flaw in the stadium works against flexible seating arrangements between home and away fans, mostly around toilet, catering and emergency evacuation i think.  Hopefully it is that and it is not to provide additional facilities for non footballing use.
It has apparently cost us a fair bit of money in not being able to maximise revenue from away fans and is one of the reasons that, unless we can fill the place with home fans only, the stadium has never been filled to full capacity.  I remember BillyG commenting on this a few years ago.
None of that affects the main stand.

29 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Who oversaw the design and build of the stadium? Might even have been quoted saying it was a very proud moment. No word now that it's being called a f**k up 😂

8 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

Who oversaw the design and build of the stadium? Might even have been quoted saying it was a very proud moment. No word now that it's being called a f**k up 😂

It has just came to light that all that time Aaron Mooy spent on the exercise bike near the corner flag, he was actually tightening a huge screw that keeps the main stand in place. He may have to be resigned as it’s came loose again. 

685030D8-F382-4C16-996E-015555C61B29.jpeg

We don't need flexible seating between home and away fans they have their own stand FFS.

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:
1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

We don't need flexible seating between home and away fans they have their own stand FFS.

If the arrangements were more flexible then we would never have to displace an entire stand of home fans to accommodate the bigger crowds

3 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

If the arrangements were more flexible then we would never have to displace an entire stand of home fans to accommodate the bigger crowds

Something tells me that the OF would still get 2 stands + the extra bit of main stand. 

If it was a matter of just giving them a couple of sections to avoid giving the family stand away then they already had this setup available using the west stand.